YesNoOk

Spec Ops Red Cyclone + Mugen Anniversary (Read 15950 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 17, 2022, 04:05:24 pm
Share this topic:
Spec Ops Red Cyclone + Mugen Anniversary
#1  December 17, 2022, 04:05:24 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
To celebrate my 23 years working with Mugen, I'm releasing an update of the Red Cyclone character, which is part of the Street Fighter Spec Ops project, started in 2002.

For those who don't know, it's a project that takes place in an alternative future, after the events of Street Fighter 3. Some features of the project:
- Alternate versions of the characters
- Effects with specific colors for each character
- pretty aggressive AI
- High damage.

Gameplay has been expanded, with new special moves and supers, as well as an alternate mode called "Obsidian Body", our take on MVC's "Mecha Zangief".

It works in Mugen version 1.0 and onwards (although the game uses the 1.1 engine).

Red Cyclone was the first character to use the grab system I created called GrabSys, which simulates the gameplay of wrestling games, triggered by input forward (or backward) + two punch or kick buttons. From there, almost 20 possible moves can be performed (read the manual for more details).

I hope you like it and that another 20 years will come... or not :)

And really thanks for everyone who had supported me for all those years!

Preview and download:

Re: Spec Ops Red Cyclone + Mugen Anniversary
#2  December 17, 2022, 04:39:23 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#3  December 18, 2022, 03:28:46 am
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Blast from the past, love to see the return of this.
#4  December 18, 2022, 03:31:09 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
#5  December 18, 2022, 10:03:35 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Congrats and thanks as well for the 23 years you put into this community. That's an insane amount of time to dedicate to anything, and I am grateful that chose to use that time to entertain all the rest of us. You really have left a massive mark on MUGEN as a whole, and I personally have and use tons of your creations and have for years, including your OpenBor work, all of which is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing this update to Red Cyclone also. I've been following this project for at least 10 years now and it's great to see that it's still alive and well. Hopefully this isn't the end of you around here, but if it is, you will be missed and appreciated. Thanks again for everything.
#6  December 18, 2022, 04:18:44 pm
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Congrats and thanks as well for the 23 years you put into this community. That's an insane amount of time to dedicate to anything, and I am grateful that chose to use that time to entertain all the rest of us. You really have left a massive mark on MUGEN as a whole, and I personally have and use tons of your creations and have for years, including your OpenBor work, all of which is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing this update to Red Cyclone also. I've been following this project for at least 10 years now and it's great to see that it's still alive and well. Hopefully this isn't the end of you around here, but if it is, you will be missed and appreciated. Thanks again for everything.

Really thanks for your nice words :)

URGENT UPDATE

I've fixed an error regarding Mounted Tackle, which was using project exclusive animations - thus making the enemies to disappear.

Also:
- New stand (beta)
- Fixed some AI routines

Download: https://brazilmugenteam.com/
#7  December 18, 2022, 05:13:44 pm
  • Why,

Really thanks for your nice words :)

URGENT UPDATE

I've fixed an error regarding Mounted Tackle, which was using project exclusive animations - thus making the enemies to disappear.

Also:
- New stand (beta)
- Fixed some AI routines

Download: https://brazilmugenteam.com/

Oh? I think it at much more, but anyway. Kep your work pro!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#8  December 21, 2022, 12:46:05 am
  • The true fight begins now..get in the tournament!
  • Danzey legendary tournament is the final fight!
    • France
    • danzey-legendary-tournament.blogspot.fr/
what can i say ,  mister O Ilusionista!?  I am a big fan of your projects spec ops also since more 20 years! 
congratulations about yours new adjustments on street fighters characters from capcom!
you gave them sucessfully a  soul or a  new power on each characters !
i loved to play and watch with them in my tournament !
i learned a lot of thing about mugen thanks to your creation!
hat off , sir ! thank you so much for this release ! great job! keep going on! :thumbsup:
my regards!

my older name was danzey,now i'm SHIN DANZEY
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE AND my Website
#9  December 21, 2022, 04:47:19 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I rarely give character feedback but..

+Cool sprite editing, particularly his new stance.
+Nostalgic grab system is top notch
+The additional normals add some variety to his strike and range
+Original stage sets the atmosphere well
- His rear boot changes color during his Shoulder Breaker
- Any move involving the 2 qcb forward command (Ultimate Atomic Buster and Destruction Crush Bomber, ect) is akward. (Or maybe I'm just used to 720's. But I can actually do the Ultimate Atomic Buster with 3 qcf motions, lol)
-Chaining 3 Pyrocomet Headbutts does REAL SOVIET DAMAGE! 90% damage.

Love this guy! Keep up the good work. Expect a video soon.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#10  December 22, 2022, 07:55:10 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
Its nice to see a M.U.G.E.N creator of yore still around the bend here and there, since older characters are getting updated for the new generation, I was wondering Ilusionista, and this is the biggest "if" of all time, but would you ever consider an fresh re-creation of Shin Kazuma someday in the future? (as in the edit of Kazuma from Galaxy Fight with all the fatalities, the overarching edginess and the usage of the phrase: "All your base are belong to us")

(50 bucks say's I'm quite literally the only person in the entire Guild thats still around other than Ilusion themselves who knows what character I'm talking about.) ?_?
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
#11  December 22, 2022, 09:41:31 am
Congratulations for your release!

Really cool job!!

I was really waiting for this! So I could mix up something with my zangief, i'll be happy to share with you some ideas!!

:) :) :)
#12  December 22, 2022, 04:08:01 pm
Its nice to see a M.U.G.E.N creator of yore still around the bend here and there, since older characters are getting updated for the new generation, I was wondering Ilusionista, and this is the biggest "if" of all time, but would you ever consider an fresh re-creation of Shin Kazuma someday in the future? (as in the edit of Kazuma from Galaxy Fight with all the fatalities, the overarching edginess and the usage of the phrase: "All your base are belong to us")

(50 bucks say's I'm quite literally the only person in the entire Guild thats still around other than Ilusion themselves who knows what character I'm talking about.) ?_?

Nope. I remember that one as well.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#13  December 23, 2022, 03:37:06 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Everyone does. The character is old, but the legacy is forever.
#14  December 29, 2022, 07:36:46 pm

I really enjoy this guy.

[/quote said: