YesNoOk

Old Release Threads (Read 116342 times)

Started by Sean Altly, December 14, 2007, 10:38:51 am
Re: RELEASE: Ruckus by SeanAltly (ver. 0.99, please help test!)
#221  July 19, 2009, 02:11:13 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
You made some mistakes on the readme. Blast zone is QCF+P, you listed it as QCB+P. Also, fighting spirit uses 2 powerbars, not 1.

Oops, I kinda rushed the readme because I realized right before uploading that he didn't have one. WIll fix that in the next updte, thanks man.

Apart from those mentioned by Cyan Paul... the DB+K launcher in the corner can be repeated as an infinate.  The damage scales to nothing after 12 or so of them but still...

Can't seem to combo into anything after a chain combo, but then I can't seem to combo any of his supers except after the launcher.

Might just be me... but feels like he needs a chain throw or an air throw.  **shrugs**  Will keep playing around with him.  All in all though, not bad at all!

Hmmm, I know you can combo either the LP or MP Blast Zone into a Super Blast Zone, and the Fighting Spirit can be chained from many of his standing punches, but I'll look into increasing his comboability. Also, I forgot to adjust the juggle parameter on the launcher, I'll fix that. Thanks!

Download Last Bout now!
#222  July 19, 2009, 04:54:59 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Sweet, he's been released!

I'll try him out right now.
#223  July 19, 2009, 12:21:51 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
CharacterWise..
Some of his moves are hard to pull of but, other than that he's a good character
OVERALL = 8.5/10
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#224  July 20, 2009, 02:34:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- He's supposed to be fast and light, but his jump feels really too light IMO.
- When Ruckus jumps over an opponent, if you continue jumping in the same direction, he'll be facing the wrong side.
- On his HP+HK throw, a noise when he kicks/jumps from the opponent would give more "power" to the move. It seems weak as it is.
- All in all, during his specials, I think some of them (if not most) would gain in having some envshake, because the moves seem a little weak without them.
- A problem hard to perform : place the opponent in the corner, and make him walk forward just a little (the size of one foot). Then perform Fighting Spirit! Just before the last attack, Ruckus will push the opponent against the wall, and cornerpush will not be taken correctly into account, resulting in the last attack missing, as shown in this image :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- Super Blast Zone's FX has shadow, which doesn't look really nice.
- Super Blast Zone can miss cornered opponents.
- Kicky Fast's last hit doesn't connect on all opponents. For example, it didn't connect on SPO Ryu by Rikard.

You can be proud of Ruckus, he's a really nice character. :)
After seeing some of his anims, I was hoping he wouldn't be too close to Ramon, gameplay-wise. You didn't disapoint me. While some animations and one or two moves are clearly taken from Ramon's arsenal, all the changes and things you've put in this character make him play completely differently. As said, an air throw would be a nice addition to his techniques.
I'm more and more fan of moves with follow-ups, and To The Five Boroughs (2T5B) is the perfect example of what I like. Great job on this move.
Throws bind perfectly and very smoothly from what I saw, which isn't always easy to achieve. :2thumbsup:
Finally, the additionnal shades you've added to him really make the sprites look even better, even though the style hasn't changed in itself. :yes:

I'll be waiting for the AI, and especially for Byrne now. Good luck.
#225  July 21, 2009, 10:04:06 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
- He's supposed to be fast and light, but his jump feels really too light IMO.
- When Ruckus jumps over an opponent, if you continue jumping in the same direction, he'll be facing the wrong side.
- On his HP+HK throw, a noise when he kicks/jumps from the opponent would give more "power" to the move. It seems weak as it is.
- All in all, during his specials, I think some of them (if not most) would gain in having some envshake, because the moves seem a little weak without them.
- A problem hard to perform : place the opponent in the corner, and make him walk forward just a little (the size of one foot). Then perform Fighting Spirit! Just before the last attack, Ruckus will push the opponent against the wall, and cornerpush will not be taken correctly into account, resulting in the last attack missing, as shown in this image :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- Super Blast Zone's FX has shadow, which doesn't look really nice.
- Super Blast Zone can miss cornered opponents.
- Kicky Fast's last hit doesn't connect on all opponents. For example, it didn't connect on SPO Ryu by Rikard.

You can be proud of Ruckus, he's a really nice character. :)
After seeing some of his anims, I was hoping he wouldn't be too close to Ramon, gameplay-wise. You didn't disapoint me. While some animations and one or two moves are clearly taken from Ramon's arsenal, all the changes and things you've put in this character make him play completely differently. As said, an air throw would be a nice addition to his techniques.
I'm more and more fan of moves with follow-ups, and To The Five Boroughs (2T5B) is the perfect example of what I like. Great job on this move.
Throws bind perfectly and very smoothly from what I saw, which isn't always easy to achieve. :2thumbsup:
Finally, the additionnal shades you've added to him really make the sprites look even better, even though the style hasn't changed in itself. :yes:

I'll be waiting for the AI, and especially for Byrne now. Good luck.

-Hmmm, too light. I kinda dig it though.
-What's the best way to fix this? This tends to happen when I have landing animations that have a few frames instead of it being like one frame. Any ideas from anyone?
-I actually meant to do that but forgot. Thanks for reminding me, it will be fixed.
-I guess I didn't give his throws and what not envshake because I figured he was too light, but I guess it would look better.
-Hmm, I will have to look into that. Would giving him more cornerpush help?
-Ahh, the FX/Shadow thing. Will fix that.
-Oops, will definitely fix that, thanks.
-Damn, I trie that move on like 20 different guys of all shapes and sizes. I thought I had it where it would hit everyone, but alas, there are still people it won't hit. I may just change the end of that move completely because I'm not sure how to make it hit everyone, everytime. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore, because that move was a ton of hassle during coding.

Thanks for the feedback, as always it's some of the best around. I will definitely fix the problems mentioned for the next update. As far as AI goes, I need to contact someone who can make it, like Kamekaze. I've been spriting so much I've forgotten about things like AI. And thanks for noticing the extra detail in the sprites. I consider his sprite quality somewhere between the old sprites and the new sprites for CIB. They have what c00per referred to as "pillow shading," but they definitely look nicer than the old style.

Thanks again!

Download Last Bout now!
#226  July 22, 2009, 10:53:14 am
    • France
-What's the best way to fix this? This tends to happen when I have landing animations that have a few frames instead of it being like one frame. Any ideas from anyone?
facep2 = 1 in statedef 40

that is all you have to do

-Damn, I trie that move on like 20 different guys of all shapes and sizes. I thought I had it where it would hit everyone, but alas, there are still people it won't hit. I may just change the end of that move completely because I'm not sure how to make it hit everyone, everytime. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore, because that move was a ton of hassle during coding.
SPO Ryu is the only one I've seen with light blue CLSNs (meaning he's not touchable at this point, might want to check his hit flags), instead of dark blue ones as everybody else. To avoid this kind of problem, you may want to code special states for P2 during the whole move.
#227  July 27, 2009, 08:54:03 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Hmmm, I'm going through Ruckus, fixing the issues people found, and Cybaster, I'm not sure why you said his moves don't have EnvShakes, because most of his specials do. The only one that didn't have them were his Missile Dropkick special. So, I increased their amplitude and time to maybe make them more noticeable, but they were definitely there before.  :-\

Expect an update tomorrow! To those who care!

Download Last Bout now!
#228  July 28, 2009, 11:07:21 am
    • France
??? Did my eyes fuck up ??? Anyway, I'll wait to see the update, and come back with my whining concerning envshakes if I don't fuck up (again ?). ;P
#229  July 31, 2009, 01:41:53 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Alright, he's been updated to version 1.0, bugs fixed, sprites cleaned up a tiny bit more, and the ReadMe is fixed. Thanks guys!

Download Last Bout now!
Re: RELEASE: Ruckus by SeanAltly (UPDATED to Ver. 1.0, Bigs Fixed, ReadMe fixed!)
#230  July 31, 2009, 02:14:22 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Sorry havent been able to update the site front page, but I will. 
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Re: RELEASE: Ruckus by SeanAltly (UPDATED to Ver. 1.0, Bigs Fixed, ReadMe fixed!)
#231  August 07, 2009, 09:04:59 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Is the update posted yet?
Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:03:59 am by Alpha Proto
#232  August 07, 2009, 09:21:44 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It's posted, but I found yet another problem, I've fixed it already, I just need Zeckle to upload it. It involves his L3 Super, Kicky Fast. In the update I created a custom gethit state but improperly coded it on accident. Using the move will cause a debug message involving the custom anim to appear, and if the p2 character has an anim numbered 2222, then they will go into that anim. Sorry about that guys.

Download Last Bout now!
#233  August 07, 2009, 01:49:32 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Ruckus 1.1 bugfix update
#234  August 09, 2009, 11:49:14 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
D-D-Double post
Ruckus bugfix 1.1 uploaded
Re: RELEASE/UPDATED: Ruckus by SeanAltly (UPDATED to Ver. 1.1)
#235  August 25, 2009, 02:57:42 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Why doesnt he grunt when he's hit?
Re: RELEASE/UPDATED: Ruckus by SeanAltly (UPDATED to Ver. 1.1)
#236  August 25, 2009, 07:45:32 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I totally forgot to implement that. He will in the next update though.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Wyldestar (S.H.A.D.E.s of Manhattan 2) by SeanAltly
#237  February 03, 2010, 05:57:35 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Okay so I guess i'm necro bumping.  but the patch to fix her portrait is gone :-/ ...
#238  February 03, 2010, 07:24:05 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I had forgotten all about this, and the version of the site never got updated. When I released her, a ton of drama started over a comment I made to Wild Tengu, and I must have forgotten. Anyway, if you have FF or can open her .sff file, the portrait is in there, just change the sprite number from 9001, 0 to 9000,1.

Download Last Bout now!
#239  February 03, 2010, 05:31:41 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Thanks Sean, good man ... good man.   :sugoi:

Love your characters by the way :)