YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1002678 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#2061  December 03, 2021, 01:58:09 pm
    • USA
Art of fighting 2 Takuma standing new attempt, I basically tried to keep the orinal details to avoid animation issues although it was still very hard do an animation with sprites scaled,   

Takuma doesn't look CPS3-ish. I recommend you use SF3 Ryu sprites as a reference on shading such as the shadows and size.
Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:44:10 pm by Kishibe Light
#2062  December 03, 2021, 02:35:05 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Actually this is a sort of adaptation of aof style so i thought it could be consired a sort of cps2/3 graphic style.
#2063  December 03, 2021, 07:58:48 pm
Actually this is a sort of adaptation of aof style so i thought it could be consired a sort of cps2/3 graphic style.

It doesn't fit here.
CPS3 games are:
- Street Fighter III (all versions)
- Jojo's Venture/ Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Red Earth / Warzard

other games are not CPS3 style.

If you try to make your sprite/s look like something that could come from those games, they fit here.
If you don't, they shouldn't be posted here.
#2064  December 03, 2021, 08:08:09 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Alll right i get it, may be an administrator could be move my posts in the right section
#2065  December 27, 2021, 02:56:03 am
    • USA
Here's the finished version of SF3 Jolyne.
#2066  December 28, 2021, 10:36:50 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
If you'll take my constructive feedback:
  • Her right elbow kinda looks like it's broken.
  • The arms lack any muscular definition whatsoever. Not saying she should look overly buff or anything, but right now the arms look like fat noodles.
  • The hands need a lot of work, especially her left one. Hands are particularly large in SF3 sprites so feel free to exaggerate them a bit.
  • It looks like she has no crotch. We're looking at her sideways but there's still a gap between her legs.
  • Her thighs are too big. Don't feel obligated to follow Chun-Li's thighs when drawing Jolene. Chun-Li is a special case (look at characters like Elena instead).
  • Her pants are supposed to be a tight fit, but there's this weird wobbly shape going on with with her left thigh.
  • For the right arm: The reason Chun-Li's is shaded after the elbow is because she's tucking her arm close to her stomach. In your case, the arm keeps going straight, so it makes no sense for it to be shaded right at that point.
  • Overall she looks kinda bulky instead of slender. I think you're doing a poor job of perceiving Chun-Li's anatomy below her clothes, which is why you've got that weird right elbow and the lack of crotch (those parts are puffy/covered up by the flap in Chun-Li's sprite).
#2067  December 28, 2021, 10:56:39 pm
    • USA
If you'll take my constructive feedback:
  • Her right elbow kinda looks like it's broken.
  • The arms lack any muscular definition whatsoever. Not saying she should look overly buff or anything, but right now the arms look like fat noodles.
  • The hands need a lot of work, especially her left one. Hands are particularly large in SF3 sprites so feel free to exaggerate them a bit.
  • It looks like she has no crotch. We're looking at her sideways but there's still a gap between her legs.
  • Her thighs are too big. Don't feel obligated to follow Chun-Li's thighs when drawing Jolene. Chun-Li is a special case (look at characters like Elena instead).
  • Her pants are supposed to be a tight fit, but there's this weird wobbly shape going on with with her left thigh.
  • For the right arm: The reason Chun-Li's is shaded after the elbow is because she's tucking her arm close to her stomach. In your case, the arm keeps going straight, so it makes no sense for it to be shaded right at that point.
  • Overall she looks kinda bulky instead of slender. I think you're doing a poor job of perceiving Chun-Li's anatomy below her clothes, which is why you've got that weird right elbow and the lack of crotch (those parts are puffy/covered up by the flap in Chun-Li's sprite).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to edit her if I have time.
#2068  December 30, 2021, 06:55:02 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Small correction: I meant to say "shoulder", not "elbow" for the first point.
#2069  January 02, 2022, 07:49:43 am
    • USA

Updated his face because the original looks a bit weird.  Added some details such as the hair and shoes. (new version on the left and old version on the right)

Credits: Izumo/Nimame, amarimono, Capcom, and Hirohiko Araki.
Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 02:30:22 pm by Jotaro_Joestar
#2070  January 03, 2022, 02:20:09 am
    • USA

Here's a edit of Kakyoin's stance sprite. I updated his face because in my opinion, the original looked a bit weird. I also added some details such as the hair and shoes. (new version on the left and old version on the right)

like the new face and shoe designs, but it would help to remove the black lines, as SF3 sprites had basically none in their sprites
#2071  January 03, 2022, 03:23:09 am
    • USA

Here's a edit of Kakyoin's stance sprite. I updated his face because in my opinion, the original looked a bit weird. I also added some details such as the hair and shoes. (new version on the left and old version on the right)

like the new face and shoe designs, but it would help to remove the black lines, as SF3 sprites had basically none in their sprites

Thanks man.
#2072  January 03, 2022, 06:20:41 pm
#2073  January 07, 2022, 04:36:04 am
    • USA
Kakyoin's stance with a new face (only 5 frames due to the image size limit):

Sunglasses version (color separation):

Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 02:08:54 pm by Jotaro_Joestar
#2074  February 19, 2022, 05:09:59 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Ken's SFV stance to SF3
#2075  February 19, 2022, 06:15:08 am
    • USA
Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 01:07:56 am by Jotaro_Joestar
#2076  February 19, 2022, 05:13:09 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
It does looks incredible smooth and well done, my only complain would be the feet, they are way too big but I also know thats kinda a SF design thing.

If it ever needs a fix or update, that would be my suggestion, other than that, it is impressive.
            Zorf Giudecca
#2077  February 19, 2022, 08:17:58 pm
Amazing

#2078  April 16, 2022, 01:39:33 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
"You must defeat ME to stand a chance"

Gave Inks method a wack and after some tidy up, don;t hate how it turned out. Definitely need to figure out a cleaner way of doing it cause god i suck at it lol
#2079  April 16, 2022, 09:18:28 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#2080  September 15, 2022, 01:32:41 pm
  • DETECTIVE ARRIVING ON THE SCENE
    • USA

tried doing sfiii retsu from the original street fighter! didnt know about inks method so results are a little off.......... will get better with practice!