YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2849475 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#181  May 23, 2013, 03:16:52 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#182  May 23, 2013, 09:30:51 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Jeffrey Bell said:
Well, we’re kind of hoping we’ll do kind of like we did on Angel
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Someone mentioned on another site that Rage was in one of the panels in the Marvel logo, and that maybe it's Rage. And I dunno, that "M-" thing sounds like a misdirect.
#183  May 23, 2013, 11:27:52 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
actually, fox rights are only over movie rights, which is why you keep getting spiderman cartoons , they make money for marvel.

So... maybe whedon can use mutants on the tv show, and will introduce magneto there.

when it comes to Fox rights, it seems it applies only on the characters being mentioned as "mutants"...i read somewhere that the names of X-men characters (like Scarlet or Quicksilver for example) could be used in a Marvel movie like Avengers 2, as long as they arent referred to as being actual mutants.

by the way, recent Bryan Singer tweet confirms an actor as been cast as Quicksilver in X-men Days Of Future Past (http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/bryan-singer-reveals-quicksilver-is-in-x-men-days-of-future-past)

now in a perfect world, how cool would it be if both Fox & Marvel manage to finally work some kind of deal?
#184  May 23, 2013, 11:55:19 pm
  • SNK is life
now in a perfect world, how cool would it be if both Fox & Marvel manage to finally work some kind of deal?
Pretty damn cool if marvel could build upon that XMEN universe (you know, except X3 ... wait, what is X3? oh that's right, they never made a 3rd one!)

#185  May 24, 2013, 02:00:58 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#186  May 24, 2013, 02:05:54 am
djoulz already posted that
#187  May 24, 2013, 02:11:16 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Honestly Marvel shouldn't bother unless they wrangle back the rights (which they really should). There's other characters that can be used.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#188  May 24, 2013, 02:12:01 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I thought his post originally ended at mutants, guess I was wrong.

GOH

#189  May 24, 2013, 10:42:04 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Goddamn it Fox.
Taskmaster confirmed for brawl.
#190  May 31, 2013, 12:25:39 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#191  May 31, 2013, 09:05:33 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#192  June 01, 2013, 12:43:41 am
    • USA
That Quicksilver thing is really looking like a giant F U from Fox; he's only gonna be in one action scene and probably won't even be revealed to be Magneto's son. I do wonder if Marvel is gonna press ahead with him in Avengers 2, since it doesn't sound like people will grow very attached to the Days of Future Past Quicksilver. :-\

Also, interesting further reading on the Fox vs. Marvel situation.

Lee Pace, of Pushing Daisies, might be in Guardians of the Galaxy as the main villain, the Controller. Either that, or, as the AV Club speculates, "the fearsome Doctor Eyebrows, a character we just made up. 'I see your strategic gambit and raise—my eyebrows!' Doctor Eyebrows will shout, as his eyebrows bristle and shoot lasers or something."

Also rumored is John C. Reilly, according to a strange report. Supposedly he'll be playing the S.H.I.E.L.D. (and not S.W.O.R.D. !?!?) liason to the GotG, a sort of space-Coulson. Except... he's named after the guy who gives Richard Rider his Nova powers (and then dies because he's Marvel's Abin Sur). And there's already an existing character that would make way more sense in the role (Abigail Brand), so why go with this?

But it gets weirder, like Michael Rooker, who plays Yondu, is supposed to be the big villain and also be a space pirate, despite comics Yondu being a hero from the future who does not engage in piracy. And then Lee Pace's character will switch sides to be a hero with spin-off potential (?!?), and there's another liason and what is going on does this Hitflix guy even know what he's talking about.

Then there's this stuff about Robert Downey Jr's contract negotiations, and the problems therein. Marvel has apparently been cockblocking any attempts by Disney to give reasonable (for blockbuster movies) salaries for its stars. Kind of worrying, and not just for RDJ, because this could potentially affect everyone in the cast, sooner or later. And it all seems to be caused by the legendarily stupidly frugal, absolutely batshit insane Marvel CEO, Ike Perlmutter, who also is kind of racist, maybe.

Fun facts about Ike Perlmutter, courtesy of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, by Sean Howe, AVAILABLE IN FINE BOOKSTORES EVERYWHERE:
  • "Perlmutter faxed [a guy who was trying to buy Marvel at the same time Perlmutter was] a clutch of threatening pages from the Old Testament"
  • "[He demanded] that paper clips not be thrown away, that lights be turned off of an office was vacated for more than five minutes."
  • "After all coffee machine and bottles of water were removed from the Bullpen, word got around that Perlmutter was pushing for a policy of urinalysis for all employees."
  • He cancelled a Christmas party designed to boost office morale because it was too expensive.
  • A number of freelancers started getting letters claiming overpayment and demanding money; famously, Steve Gerber received a bill for $53, after years and years of struggles against Marvel for underpaying him for his creations.
  • He refused to pay for a booth at Comic-Con one year, despite it being Comic-Con for crying out loud.
  • "Once, when Perlmutter heard that some employees were involved in a Fantasy Football league, the staff returned from a meeting to find all computers confiscated.  Social, frivolous lunchtime activities—a half hour of watching television, or playing Dungeons & Dragons—were banned from the office."

you know, except X3 ... wait, what is X3? oh that's right, they never made a 3rd one!
What are you talking about, of course they did!

It was called X-Men: First Class!
#193  June 01, 2013, 12:52:37 am
  • SNK is life
#194  June 01, 2013, 05:23:37 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
lol all black people look alike. Don is like almost a foot shorter than Terrence and like semi wesley snipes compared to Terrence's mocha complexion. jeez. Cmon.

I  kinda get marvels ploy with trying to stop stars from making huge salaries, they are afraid more are gonna want bigger salaries and not take the role they'd take before a salary bump. Although you can keep this limited to big time names on creditable movies. RDJ for sure should get as much money as he wants. Seriously Marvel need to remake 616 Tony stark into the movie version
#195  June 02, 2013, 04:51:01 am
    • USA
GLENN MOTHERFUCKING CLOSE MIGHT BE THE LEADER OF THE NOVA CORPS
:flipout:

I  kinda get marvels ploy with trying to stop stars from making huge salaries, they are afraid more are gonna want bigger salaries and not take the role they'd take before a salary bump.
I dunno if it's a ploy as much as it is Marvel being stupidly frugal. I mean, they didn't even let Disney pay for an Oscar campaign for the Avengers, and Disney, not Marvel would've bankrolled it! Something crazy is going on there!
#196  June 04, 2013, 08:38:32 pm
    • USA

GOH

#197  June 04, 2013, 08:45:02 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
The Racoon is the secret weapon!

Steady.

STEADY...
#198  June 06, 2013, 06:13:33 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#199  June 06, 2013, 10:25:18 pm
    • USA
... holy shit that makes perfect sense. Pace starts as the Magus, turns good, and gets a spin-off.

But what does this mean for Michael Rooker's character? Seems like they have enough villains, and he was rumored to be the main one, does that mean the rumors are wrong and he won't be an evil space pirate even though Yondu is a good guy?
#200  June 07, 2013, 01:19:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He could easily be a setup. a pirate alien fighting huge armies, then cut to current time period with people talking about his exploits.

Later on the movie, when facing collector from inside his collection they find Yondu stuff and a recorded message about how he was actually a guardian of the galaxy and they take the name from him.

edit: this will make more sense if he is facing Magus church, as people wont assume the church is evil.