YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2851390 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: YO SOY GROOT
#1081  August 01, 2014, 10:26:15 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1082  August 01, 2014, 10:30:13 am
It can see it working if the whole series is short and the episodes are like 10 minutes or even just short skits. Web series may be preferable. Not a regular big 24 episodes, hour-long episodes series that would require character development and story development to keep people interested.
I don't really agree with the article, the movies might play it safe but Agents of SHIELD is the opposite. Not to mention it looks like they've always tried to push Ant-Man in the opposite direction too, and it might even be what drove people away if they wanted to do a hero movie, as it looks like we're getting an anti-hero's redemption story (as far as I understand, but note that I know nothing of Ant-Man).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:33:15 am by DKDC
#1083  August 01, 2014, 11:52:17 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
more like ANT hero.

Hes more like a loser hero, marvel used to be very science pulpy so many of their first heroes are adventurers or mad scientists.  Pym is both.

he slapped his wife once mid psychotic breakdown and somehow some shitty writers kept trying to make other characters react as if that was the end of the world. The storyline where he slapped her also had him creating a giant robot to attack himself and the avengers so he could save the day by beating it and ended with him court martialed and arrested, but hey, he slapped a gurl once while half insane.

he's still a insane scientist hero, which is what makes him funny.
They seem to be going with disilusioned old hero betrayed by his protegee on the movie
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

powerset wise hes very interesting in the comics, he can grow, shrink, do the same to other stuff, he does cybernetics and advanced AI and he messes around with physics a lot.
he has a doorway that leads to a offworld headquarters, that he can reprogram to offload onto any doorway. And he has assumed at least four personas ( everytime he gets depressed he reinvents himself ) .
Antman
YellowJacket
GiantMan
Wasp
Hank Pym, science adventurer.

GOH

#1084  August 01, 2014, 12:54:17 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1085  August 01, 2014, 02:30:54 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I was gonna get to see Gotg today, but due to shitty bus timetables it has to wait till tmorrow. Tis a cruel world.

YellowJacket
GiantMan
Wasp
Hank Pym, science adventurer.
Also Goliath.

But yeah, Hank rocks.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:36:54 pm by Crazy person Lolmechy.

SNT

#1086  August 01, 2014, 03:57:49 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Well I DID get to see GotG tonight, it was off the hook.

Let me save you some time, though; the stinger isn't worth the wait.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1087  August 01, 2014, 05:31:43 pm
you have to stay for it anyway. it's marvel movie tradition. this is like the 9th marvel movie and a good amount of people still got up to leave before the credits. how does this happen
#1088  August 01, 2014, 11:23:02 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Just got home from watching it. Omg it was awesome. Groot and Rocket are so lovable. Ronan was really well portrayed. Kinda sad Karen Gillan didnt get much screen time. I was very surprised to see a certain character actually show up in the movie... coz i dont think i read anything about him being in. Finally they are talking about the infinity gems or stones as they say in the movie.

The after credits was kinda a let down.
I will say though its definitely Marvels funniest movie to date.
no spoilers no spoilers no spoilers
#1089  August 02, 2014, 06:26:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Alright popping in to post this then I'm gone till Sunday, after I see GotG. I don't want no spoilers!

MCU head honcho Kevin Feige recently said that he very much wants to make a female superhero movie (even going on to dismiss the tired cliche of "well female-led movies fail at the box office by citing the numerous counterexamples that outweigh the flops). But "wanting" is as far as he goes. He'd like to do it "sooner rather than later". Again, this is the guy in charge of everything. He goes on to explain that it's all because they have too many franchises right now and they would have to drop one of them for 4 years to do a female-led movie.

Which is... bullshit. There are six unannounced movies in the works, going up to 2019. Thor 3 and Avengers 3 will almost certainly be among those six; Ant Man and Doctor Strange sequels are probable (but not certain) as well. That leaves at least 2 slots. Surely there's room for a Captain Marvel movie in there? I mean, there's apparently working scripts for both a Blade movie and a Captain Marvel movie, and Feige has said there's a treatment for a Black Widow movie. And that was all recent, not like the probably abandoned Nick Fury movie, or the Iron Fist movie. Is he just bullshitting to hide these or something? There is a major blockbuster out right now starring a talking, gun-toting raccoon and a giant tree that only says I AM GROOT, they can take a chance on something less risky like a Black Widow or Captain Marvel movie.

It's pretty fucking sad that there hasn't been one yet.
#1090  August 02, 2014, 12:48:52 pm
He goes on to explain that it's all because they have too many franchises right now and they would have to drop one of them for 4 years to do a female-led movie.

Which is... bullshit. There are six unannounced movies in the works, going up to 2019. Thor 3 and Avengers 3 will almost certainly be among those six; Ant Man and Doctor Strange sequels are probable (but not certain) as well. That leaves at least 2 slots. Surely there's room for a Captain Marvel movie in there?
The 6 unannounced movies are probably already determined, no... ? And none of them is based on a woman. If they wanted a movie with a woman, since they're already booked until 2019 with what they do have - and knowing that some of those will likely get sequels that aren't planned yet, another movie not related to those 6 would have to be for 2021 or 2023, or it would mean delaying one of the 6 that is already planned. And its potential sequels. AND the other movies like Avengers or whatever that this character would impact. So yeah, drop one for 4 years.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1091  August 02, 2014, 01:10:52 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Please...let one of them be a new Punisher.
Re: no spoilers no spoilers no spoilers
#1092  August 02, 2014, 03:21:14 pm
  • Haters are toys
Which is... bullshit.

You're damn right it is, this jackass thinks that a She-hulk, Ms.Marvel or Xmen-Origins: Storm movie wouldn't make bank? Make a Mystique movie, you know people will pay to see Jennifer Lawrence's blue butt again, hell XM:DoFP might as well have been a set up for one.

The man's lying.
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1093  August 02, 2014, 03:33:39 pm
#1094  August 02, 2014, 04:13:27 pm
  • Haters are toys
So?
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1095  August 02, 2014, 04:40:43 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Feige does not have any control on that.
Man, your head is really something.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1096  August 02, 2014, 04:45:04 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So?

Because Marvel does not own the rights to make X-Men movies so that means Marvel can't make X-Men movies and they are talking specifically about movies that Marvel is going to make.  It is really not difficult to figure out.
#1097  August 02, 2014, 04:50:53 pm
  • Haters are toys
My comment was to his statement, not the currant ownership.

His statement is garbage.

Edit:
Furthermore, Marvel is owned by Disney, if they really wanted the rights back, then turn around and bust out 3 new X movies, they could and they'd make every dime back, why? Because many are eager to see a Marvel Xmen movie actually done by Marvel, I know I am.

New cast, new writers no middleman
Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:57:47 pm by Sky79
#1098  August 02, 2014, 05:02:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You are underestimating fox.
If fox was that cooperative you would have seen those properties already return, but to them, fox, making shit movies with marvel properties is more profitable than allowing marvel to do them.

Any license returned is potentially a disaster as their other movies would have to compete with them in the theaters.

Theres no money feasible enough to exchange for that.
#1099  August 02, 2014, 05:16:40 pm
  • Haters are toys
Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:23:00 pm by Sky79
#1100  August 02, 2014, 05:28:45 pm
My comment was to his statement, not the currant ownership.

His statement is garbage.
Which is... bullshit.

You're damn right it is, this jackass thinks that a She-hulk, Ms.Marvel or Xmen-Origins: Storm movie wouldn't make bank? Make a Mystique movie, you know people will pay to see Jennifer Lawrence's blue butt again, hell XM:DoFP might as well have been a set up for one.

The man's lying.
You're wrong. And you're a retard too. On every point of your posts, he's saying the opposite of what you say he's saying.

He says that he knows people want movies with a female lead (when you claim he thinks those movies would fail), and he's saying their current schedule for upcoming movies makes it impossible to slip one more movie with a female, which very clearly means he's only talking about movies Marvel, not Fox, can do.

Stop posting. Your reading comprehension is null, and you keep posting aggressively, looking for fights.