YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2852866 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: YO SOY GROOT
#1201  August 14, 2014, 09:38:37 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Honestly I don't think they should use MODOK in the third Cap at all; they should be bringing back Red Skull (hopefully with a new actor who gives a shit) and Zola. Crossbones is definitely coming back, at least, and I don't want MODOK to be a minor threat who gets crowded out by the other villains! Put MODOK in the War Machine movie or something, AIM is Iron Man connected anyways.
#1202  August 14, 2014, 10:47:09 pm
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1203  August 14, 2014, 10:51:20 pm
    • USA
What the fuck are you even talking about. Do you even watch or read anything any more or do you just complain based on snippets of what other people are saying?

like, seriously, Jesus fucking Christ. That shit is nonsensical.
#1204  August 14, 2014, 10:52:56 pm
  • Haters are toys
The hell? I'm agreeing with you're statement J, Red Skull should be in Cap3.........that's all.

You testy today?
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1205  August 14, 2014, 10:54:02 pm
Red Skull hasn't been downgraded to a minion. He was the big bad of the first movie ffs.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1206  August 14, 2014, 10:54:40 pm
    • USA
Downgraded to a minion doesn't make any goddamn sense. He was the main villain of Cap 1. He did not appear in Cap 2. That's not exactly minion material. Criminy .
#1207  August 14, 2014, 11:37:43 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Honestly I don't think they should use MODOK in the third Cap at all; they should be bringing back Red Skull (hopefully with a new actor who gives a shit)

Hugo Weaving was soooo good at it, though. I'm hoping by the time Cap 3 starts filming he'll either have done some "serious" work and gotten it out of his system or he'll have done so little work he needs the money or exposure
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1208  August 14, 2014, 11:42:47 pm
  • Haters are toys
Oh stop it J, you know what I mean, Hugo Weaving didn't bring his 'A-Game' and you know it.

Nothing about him screams big bad. I want my Red to ooz evil on screen, I want him to say things that make my skin crawl, that was the a typical "Mwahaha" villain. Red Skull is the most evil character in the marvel universe, he's the one villain other villains in the MCU that gives them the chills.

Now think of 'The Jew Hunter' in Inglourious Basterds.
#1209  August 14, 2014, 11:45:39 pm
But Weaving's performance as the Red Skull has absolutely nothing to do with calling the role of his character a minion. He was the big bad of the movie regardless of whether he made your skin crawl or not.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1210  August 14, 2014, 11:48:47 pm
    • USA
And I'm sure that was what he meant all along, and not something he just jumped upon after seeing Speedpreacher's post. I really should stop even bothering to engage him. Ugh.

Hugo Weaving was soooo good at it, though. I'm hoping by the time Cap 3 starts filming he'll either have done some "serious" work and gotten it out of his system or he'll have done so little work he needs the money or exposure
I wasn't sure if it was the script of his performance but it felt a little off to me. It has been a while, though, so I'm not sure I trust my judgement anyway. Like, I just saw this clip the other day:

and I could barely remember this being in the movie at all. And it's so, so good! I think I should rewatch Cap 1 and reevaluate it!
#1211  August 14, 2014, 11:50:42 pm
  • Haters are toys
But Weaving's performance as the Red Skull has absolutely nothing to do with calling the role of his character a minion. He was the big bad of the movie regardless of whether he made your skin crawl or not.

and in my eyes, he failed
#1212  August 14, 2014, 11:54:28 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1213  August 14, 2014, 11:56:59 pm
    • USA
I don't knooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww D:
#1214  August 15, 2014, 12:15:36 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
They really do need to have Thanos start getting the gems but i seem to recall The Collector having one, honestly i figure his entire purpose in the cinematic universe was to collect them for Thanos behind the scenes. Thanos is a master stroke type villain so it could end up that all of this was planned, even his seemingly blundered plans.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#1215  August 15, 2014, 12:20:55 am
Spoiler: Guardians spoiler, in response to the above (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:26:27 am by DKDC

Bea

#1216  August 15, 2014, 12:23:33 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Like, I just saw this clip the other day:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI[/youtube]
and I could barely remember this being in the movie at all. And it's so, so good! I think I should rewatch Cap 1 and reevaluate it!

This part was the best thing of the film.
I LOVED every second of it. It was so, sooooooo good.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1217  August 15, 2014, 12:34:45 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#wheresgamora
is a new trend, women are gathering to complain about how the toys for the movie dont have any gamoras avaliable and how women need super heroes too.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/10/has-disneymarvel-dropped-the-ball-folks-ask-wheresgamora/

They are demanding Disney and Marvel to answer why theres no toys for gamora like this

or this

( cant get groot without that leg)

or this one where shes packed with starlord

or even this one where she drives the milano

or maybe an infinity piece

or shit, i dunno, some kind of thing like those groot gloves
http://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Guardians-Galaxy-Costume-Make-Up/dp/B00HA4WLLU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1407712553&sr=8-11&keywords=gamora

or this one for the adult colector ( seriously shes expensive )

At the end of the day the question remains, why does Marvel hate women and refuses to do merch for them?

( more seriously, this seems to be about a couple of  people complaining that the toys are hard to find and then a bunch of other people co opted it to complain about something they have no clue about )
#1218  August 15, 2014, 12:36:54 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Spoiler: Guardians spoiler, in response to the above (click to see content)

True.  Starting to piss me off, Thanos is my favorite Marvel villain of all time. I don't want to admit it but he is beginning to look like an ass in the cinematic universe.  I haven't been this upset since Diet Drax Yamcha'd him, a la Dr Gero hand through the chest.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#1219  August 15, 2014, 12:43:04 am
    • USA
Apparently the source of all this was Diamond replacing the minimates series Nebula and Gamora with Yondu, with the former only being available at specialty shops. Which is... odd.

The other uproar seemed to be more focused on clothing, I think. Like there was a shirt or mug or something that weirdly left out Gamora from the GotG lineup and had multiple versions of the other characters to fill in, which is again, pretty weird!
#1220  August 15, 2014, 09:13:05 am
    • USA
OK, so looking back on the full version of that interview with the Captain America screenwriters, it really sounds like all that not being able to do MODOK stuff was in reference to Cap 2, because adding him in would require major restructuring the way that say, Zola didn't. So hey, maybe MODOK's not off the table!

But then again, that whole "Cap 3 is an amalgam of 1 and 2" makes me think present day spy thriller with flashbacks to WWII, and wouldn't it be nice if Cap could face a villain in the past while dealing with their descendant(s) in the future? Perhaps some sort of perpetually masked German scientist?