YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4725043 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Meta Knight quick update (5/10/21)
#481  May 12, 2021, 04:37:41 am
    • USA
@OHMSBY thanks dude. Really appreciate it.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#482  May 15, 2021, 02:25:35 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, is there a process that goes behind the characters you pick? Do you just pick characters at random or that you prefer at the certain time, or is there a specific pattern to it?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#483  May 15, 2021, 05:47:09 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
In general, if a character presents an opportunity to try something new in terms of coding then I tend to go for that. In Carmine's case, it would be coding his Dissolves.
#484  May 15, 2021, 09:49:32 pm
    • USA
That's cool. So were there any characters that were interesting, difficult, or that you enjoyed the most coding?
#485  May 16, 2021, 08:31:13 am
    • USA
The projects that stand out to me the most are Waldstein for being the first grappler that I worked on, Kirby for coding all of his copy abilities, Kokonoe for coding her gravity nodes, and Yu Narukami for being the first time coding a Persona.
#486  May 16, 2021, 04:45:37 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, have you thought doing a tutorial on how you converted Meta Knight from Smash Ultimate to Mugen in more detail, whenever you have some spare time? I was wondering cause I saw a couple threads about ripping and rendering the animations from Guilty Gear SIGN and Reverlator into sprites for Mugen and I was wondering if this process could be replicated for those games and other games like Playstation All-Stars or MVC3. Here are the threads for extra information and clarification.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/xrd-sprites-rendering-181944.0.html
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/generating-2d-guilty-gear-xrd-sprites-170997.0.html
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:20:10 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#487  May 17, 2021, 06:52:39 am
    • USA
I'm not against the idea of making a tutorial, but I'm still learning more and more about how Blender works, so the process will most likely keep changing overtime. Even so, there is a lot that would need to be explained, and I'm not sure when I would ever find the time to type a tutorial up.
#488  May 17, 2021, 08:44:02 am
    • USA
I understand my dude. Don't worry about, work on what you're currently able to do.
Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:50:28 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#489  May 21, 2021, 11:00:06 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#490  May 21, 2021, 11:43:18 pm
    • Brazil
The link to download Mitsuru's japanese voice patch in the extras instead leads to the link of Yang's japanese voice patch.
#491  May 22, 2021, 12:48:27 am
    • USA
#492  May 24, 2021, 01:11:28 am
    • USA
Some suggestions for Kirby ability compatibility with certain characters (Mainly with JoJo, Saint Seiya and Megaman characters, with a few others) for a future update:

Sword: Anubis Polnareff, Khan, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Akuma Shogun, Tsurugi Momotaro, Cecil Harvey, Megrez Alberich (Alberich), Panty, Stocking, He-Man, Lion-O
Cutter: Final Dio, Dio (Part 6) (Also, change Dio Brando to just DIO. Dio Brando (His Part 1 version) should have Ice), Tengu Man, Cut Man, Hydra Ichi (Ichi), Ophiuchus Shaina (Shaina), Ultra Seven, Chara, Kars (Ultimate Kars), Wang Chan, Devo, Death 13, Midler
Fire: Archmage Pop (Pop), Phoenix Ikki (Ikk. Phoenixi), Fire Man, Heat Man, Guilty, Ankoku Phoenix, Ankoku Dragon, Sailor Mars, Peter Griffin (because of his flame fart super), Terry Bogard
Ice: Vanilla Ice (An obvious pun), Caesar Zeppeli, Cygnus Hyoga (Cisne ne Hyoga, Hyoga, Cristal), Will A. Zeppeli, Ghaccio, Beta Merak Hagen (Merak Hagen, Hagen), Ankoku Cygnus, Pet Shop
Plasma: Mariah, Leo Aiolia, Sagittarius Aiolos
Beam: Proto Man, Bass, Stroheim, X (Megaman X), Ultraman (as well as most other Ultramen besides Seven (gives Cutter) and Leo (still gives Fighting)
Bomb: Yoshikage Kira (Kawajiri Kosaku, yet another obvious one you missed), Bomb Man, Crash Man, Burst Man, Homer Simpson (Because of his candy bomb super)
Mirror: Ditto (Obvious choice), Rubber Soul (Since he copied Kakyoin), Quint (Since he's an alternate Megaman), Aries Mu, Aries Shion
Suplex: Kinnikuman, Terryman, Robin Mask (either Suplex or Fire because of the Anoalo Staff), Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, CM Punk, Guts Man, Mike Haggar, Cassios, Bear Geki, Raiden (the Fatal Fury character, not the Mortal Kombat character)
Yo-Yo: Andromeda Shun, Sailor Venus, Ankoku Andromeda
Needle: Needle Man, Cactuar, Johnny Joestar
Spear: Kid Goku, Enker
Ninja: Shadow Man, Naruto (Naruto-kun), Sasuke (Sasuke-kun)
#493  May 24, 2021, 01:39:33 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#494  May 24, 2021, 03:34:58 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Some of your suggestions is very questionable. I feel like you're asking too much as you just want to make changes to your fitting and not for everyone else. I usually don't add to the copy abilities for an official update unless they exist on the list already, but are not compatible with authors with specific names or from an licensed game. Most of these you can simply do yourself as there's a tutorial on Kirby's folder.

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game from Capcom is one exception since you listed some of them. Condense it to those that are officially from there and makes sure the names match with the ones that are already released on their respective def files. Also, I'm against changing Dio Brando as doing that will no longer work with Infinite's recent released DIO because that's the character's name.

Since Super Smash Bros. Ultimate characters is possible starting with Meta Knight, an update to the copy abilities would probably happen as not all of them are there such as Luigi, Peach, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, etc.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Carmine Released (5/30/21)
#495  May 30, 2021, 08:35:07 pm
    • USA
Carmine has been released.

Quick fun fact: Before settling on Yang, I originally wanted to make Carmine my first project. You can only imagine how differently he would have turned out if this were the case.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Direct link for Carmine:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OhN7z9BDy1U5PhVtcPbSoIXOJfeAWljE/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next Character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.
#496  May 30, 2021, 08:52:02 pm
Homura-chan, huh? can't wait to try her out
#497  May 30, 2021, 09:44:48 pm
    • USA
carmine's pretty neat. how'd you rip his effects? i wanted to make my own carmine in mugen but ripping his effects proved to be uhh a pain in the butt lol.
#498  May 31, 2021, 12:40:57 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Great to see Carmine in action, not to mention he's been in your old polls since forever. Now Hibachi and Mora seems to be the only ones left, Neat! (although I wasn't sure about Hilda since you cut her off before the last polls)

and Homura's gonna be sweet for sure, considering its almost been 1 year since your last NPB char (Saya)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#499  May 31, 2021, 08:07:24 am
    • USA
how'd you rip his effects? i wanted to make my own carmine in mugen but ripping his effects proved to be uhh a pain in the butt lol.

You actually won't need to rip them yourself, the sheet for his effects is included with his cross tag sprites found over at the spriters resource. However, all of his spikes and crystals are separate segments, so you'll need to piece them together through photoshop or something similar to it.

Now Hibachi and Mora seems to be the only ones left, Neat! (although I wasn't sure about Hilda since you cut her off before the last polls)

That was only a temporary removal, and the reason for that was because she was just announced for BBTag at the time and I wanted to wait until I actually got to play as her in that game.

#500  May 31, 2021, 09:33:59 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:16:05 am by Paulo S