YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4724012 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Carmine Released (5/30/21)
#501  May 31, 2021, 11:08:42 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
You actually won't need to rip them yourself, the sheet for his effects is included with his cross tag sprites found over at the spriters resource. However, all of his spikes and crystals are separate segments, so you'll need to piece them together through photoshop or something similar to it.

Wait. With that being said, you manually ripped all the effects sprites out of the sheet ? If so, the effects's color could be compatible with Carmine's palette. ( or something like that. )

I'm not sure if it is possible for MUGEN platform, but it looks something like this.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#502  June 01, 2021, 12:47:24 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Yes, the Crimson Origins is in! Amazing work once again OHMSBY.
#503  June 02, 2021, 02:28:17 am
  • Fan of OHMSBY styled characters
Great character! There's something I noticed, however.
When you rapid cancel HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED! on the first few hits, then quickly execute NO ESCAPE!, the remainder of HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED! will be executed instead.

https://streamable.com/ieyvnc
I'm barely active here lol
#504  June 02, 2021, 03:29:34 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great character! There's something I noticed, however.
When you rapid cancel HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED! on the first few hits, then quickly execute NO ESCAPE!, the remainder of HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED! will be executed instead.

https://streamable.com/ieyvnc
By any chance was this done in training mode? That shouldn't have been possible in an actual fight as rapid canceling during any distortion drive would've used 500 meter. So you wouldn't be able to use NO ESCAPE! in that situation as it costs 1000 meter to do so.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#505  June 02, 2021, 03:41:04 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica

I'm not sure if it is possible for MUGEN platform, but it looks something like this.

it is possible, take for example Blake by K6666Orochi, Or some other POTS style char like for example Kyo by Jmorphman

#506  June 02, 2021, 04:04:46 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
#507  June 02, 2021, 04:45:46 am
    • Vietnam

Forgive me for the misleading message I sent days ago. At that time I forgot that the P4U's characters can also have the effects's color changed based on the selected palettes like Mitsuru for instance.
What I really meant was it couldn't say the same to the UNIB characters. Especially when you use the alternative resources.

Take a look at this sprite for instance. It has been fixed with a specific color table in the first place. So there's no way to "connect" the color of these sprites with the color of the character. It also happens with his Hyde and my Seth. Since he said that the ripped the effects from the sheet that attached to the sprites file, I actually found it astonishing because of the quality was really splendid. Not really sure because of the limitation of MUGEN 1.0 or because the effects's color has nothing to do with the characters themselves.
Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 04:50:26 am by Ichida
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Carmine Quick Update (6/2/21)
#508  June 02, 2021, 07:32:38 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Paulo S' Japanese patch has been added to the site. I have also fixed the Distortion Drive bug on Carmine, even though its really only possible in training mode or by using debug keys.

Carmine
-Fixed an error where Carmine would automatically cancel into BE DEVOURED! after using NO ESCAPE! under specific circumstances.

It is possible to change the color of those effects by using palfx or remappal with palno triggers, but it's not exactly user friendly to those who want to apply custom palettes.

#509  June 02, 2021, 08:47:48 am
    • Vietnam

I've seen many people applied palfx to adjust the colors as their liking. But as far as I can tell, most of the effects were set in helpers instead of explods. Sure we do have to use helpers to adjust the angle and colors sometimes. But what am I talking about here is the most efficient way to make their colors connected to the character's palette. Also, in some cases, you just can't use palfx if the animation is applied with Alpha 256,256. Adding the palfx will mess up the color itself, ending up destroying the whole purpose of using palfx. Unless you want to repaint the whole sprite again with the character's default palette but who would ever do that.

P.S: I found a small bug on Carmine. His Astral Heat could be cancelled in Training Mode. I know it is unable to do in real matches but still, just wanna mention it.
#510  June 03, 2021, 07:20:54 am
    • USA
Astral heat canceling in training mode has been fixed.
#511  June 03, 2021, 12:33:43 pm
    • USA
Oh, so you decided to fix that after all? I actually mentioned that before when Vocalnoid said something about it on the very first page, but I didn't find it a big deal as it couldn't be done with legitimate methods. It's not just Carmine having that astral heat canceling bug, literally all your characters have it.

Also if you planning to fix that on everyone else, I have a favor to ask. Do you mind changing my name to "ZolidSone" in the Thanks to list on each of your character's readmes (The S and Z are reversed, without the space and the number 26)? I've been thinking about this for a long time as I wanted to separate my gaming identity from the M.U.G.E.N scene due to personal reasons. I've decided on just a small change on the username so anyone here will know it's still me.
#512  June 03, 2021, 01:53:47 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Oh, so you decided to fix that after all? I actually mentioned that before when Vocalnoid said something about it on the very first page, but I didn't find it a big deal as it couldn't be done with legitimate methods. It's not just Carmine having that astral heat canceling bug, literally all your characters have it.
Yeah I actually thought telling about that bug wasn't worth my time, but I said it anyways XD.

Now If I remember a while ago, Quickfist was saying something about wanting to activating distortion drives or Astral heats with a single button instead of 2, and someone else talking about reject guard like in bbtag. I thought of giving your chars Active flow and (assuming if do intend to add guard meter and stun for your next mass update) Negative penalty like in BBCF, with drawbacks to prevent your chars from becoming to strong of course.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#513  June 03, 2021, 02:43:25 pm
    • Vietnam
Also if you planning to fix that on everyone else, I have a favor to ask. Do you mind changing my name to "ZolidSone" in the Thanks to list on each of your character's readmes (The S and Z are reversed, without the space and the number 26)? I've been thinking about this for a long time as I wanted to separate my gaming identity from the M.U.G.E.N scene due to personal reasons. I've decided on just a small change on the username so anyone here will know it's still me.

I see. Although I thought you want to keep it secretly in the first place.

Erm, I was the one who mentioned him of the guard reject system actually. It was a small test run that I did on Adachi. But since he said that the decided to choose guard cancel instead, I found my idea unnecessary at that time. Although I could have updated them for my characters but I decided to keep it that way. Also, another thing I want to mention is that all of OHMSBY's characters are unable to link their specials with their Distortion Drives, which is something that you are able to do in the BBTAG i believe. With that being said, my only guess here is that it has been done intentionally. In other words, he wanted his characters to be like that, it is what it is. If that's the case, we don't have the permission to demand anything from him because of the respect to the author.
#514  June 03, 2021, 10:51:30 pm
    • USA
Yeah I actually thought telling about that bug wasn't worth my time, but I said it anyways XD.
It was thanks to you I went deeper testing with the rapid canceling on everyone else. Had you not, I wouldn't had known about it.

I see. Although I thought you want to keep it secretly in the first place.
I did give it some thought and with my current pacing, it will be a while for that change to happen. So might as well let you and OHMSBY know now. But the reason behind it still will be, not the name itself which I won't disclose here.
#515  June 04, 2021, 07:09:36 am
    • USA
I could've swore that I put a limit on the rapid canceling on all of my characters in one of my updates to prevent canceling the Astral Heat in training mode, but apparently not. This will be something that I'll have to keep in mind next time I do more updates.

Do you mind changing my name to "ZolidSone" in the Thanks to list on each of your character's readmes (The S and Z are reversed, without the space and the number 26)?

Sure, no problem. I am planning on doing another round of updates anyway, so the name will be changed in those readme's then.

Also, another thing I want to mention is that all of OHMSBY's characters are unable to link their specials with their Distortion Drives, which is something that you are able to do in the BBTAG i believe.

No it is not, at least not by normal means. This is only possible when Resonance Blaze is active.
#516  June 06, 2021, 08:49:43 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Carmine Quick Update (6/6/21)
#517  June 06, 2021, 09:49:34 pm
    • USA
Fixed. Go ahead and redownload him.

Carmine
-Fixed an error where the opponent would be stuck in the custom state if forward throw or back throw was Rapid Canceled at the right time.
#518  June 06, 2021, 10:17:27 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Fixed. Go ahead and redownload him.
Carmine
-Fixed an error where the opponent would be stuck in the custom state if forward throw or back throw was Rapid Canceled at the right time.

Alright, looks like it's fixed. Thank you. ^w^
How's Homura coming along?
#519  June 09, 2021, 01:29:10 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how are you doing? If you don't mind me asking what is the process when you make a character?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#520  June 10, 2021, 11:08:42 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Had to test Jin again, and I found that most of characters with parry (CvS2/PotS style/SF3 chars) can escape Jin's Astral
https://streamable.com/1xkmoh