Transitioning Stages (Read 3463 times)

Started by DJMouF, August 24, 2021, 01:49:23 pm
Share this topic:
Transitioning Stages
#1  August 24, 2021, 01:49:23 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

In this video what I'm asking about starts at 0:27 seconds

Is this possible in Mugen or Ikemen? Has anyone tried it, or better yet, working on this type of stage(s)?
I was just wondering if either of these engines has gotten to this advancement. TBH I doubt mugen has, but maybe ikemen is close to that point.
Re: Transitioning Stages
#2  August 24, 2021, 02:03:49 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
It is possible in IKEMEN, albeit with some tedious work. You have to code the whole stage into an AttachedChar.

Then you just detect if someone is hit during a stun state with a fall = 1 attack, or some other condition like that, and code the transition.

Here's stuff I made for a recent tournament:

Note this was easier to code, since the whole cutscene is played when the round ends, not mid-round. Thus, I can use the "stage change from round to round" feature from IKEMEN.
#3  August 24, 2021, 05:16:39 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
You're welcome, buddy.

IKEMEN transition is honestly as smooth as it could be; 99.99% stuff works flawlessly, and the 1% I found doesn't work is just badly coded.

Heck, the next version will even support delta trick pseudo 3D stages, which were the only non-working thing.

Contact me if you ever want to start using these sort of interactive cutscenes and stages and need help (notice how the rail broke when the characters hit it? That can happen mid-round, like Ken's SF2 barrels).
#4  August 24, 2021, 09:11:30 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
It is possible in IKEMEN, albeit with some tedious work. You have to code the whole stage into an AttachedChar.

Then you just detect if someone is hit during a stun state with a fall = 1 attack, or some other condition like that, and code the transition.

Here's stuff I made for a recent tournament:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKKR0b3SSc[/youtube]

Note this was easier to code, since the whole cutscene is played when the round ends, not mid-round. Thus, I can use the "stage change from round to round" feature from IKEMEN.

That's pretty neat there man.
Well I'm glad it's possible but i don't think I'll be attempting that. I'm still learning Ikemen because I haven't actually transitioned to it yet. But it definitely has great features that I'll be using for my project. Thanks man

You're welcome, buddy.

IKEMEN transition is honestly as smooth as it could be; 99.99% stuff works flawlessly, and the 1% I found doesn't work is just badly coded.

Heck, the next version will even support delta trick pseudo 3D stages, which were the only non-working thing.

Contact me if you ever want to start using these sort of interactive cutscenes and stages and need help (notice how the rail broke when the characters hit it? That can happen mid-round, like Ken's SF2 barrels).

That's great news to hear man. I'll definitely give you holler when I get to it bro