YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1231950 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Sakura added)
#161  February 12, 2022, 08:58:48 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Yehah, that Sakura update was superior fantastic!
#162  February 12, 2022, 11:50:34 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Keep it going, Phantom!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#163  February 12, 2022, 11:58:24 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

you're doing great, PotS.
#164  February 13, 2022, 12:02:52 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
1. Sakura Jime takes too long for me. It's rather it match the speed of the likes of Ken's Tsukami Nage.
2. Shunpuu Kyaku goes a bit too high (mostly in terms of hitboxes) and the 2nd spin whiff if she's too close: https://streamable.com/gvczvt
3. Might I suggest changing the palette whenever she does Mode Change? There a chance one would forget she's in Dark Mode due to a lack of indication?
4. I'm surprised you didn't give her the Haru Ranman from SF4. It would've made a good LVL3 or 2 version of her Haru Ichiban.
5. I find it odd that Dark didn't get the MvC Shou'ou Ken, mainly becuase Normal already has it as her EX Shou'ou.
6. Her MVC Shinkuu Tengyou is quite a random choice for a Dark LVL3 for me. I think I more fitting the choice would be the Beam Hadouken Dark gets instead.
7. I think the grab pose for Dark SGS could also use a change. It just looks awkward, but it's understandable is there's not a suitable sprite.
8. It's odd that there's no separate .def file for each mode. I prefer for a char to have one so I don't suddenly get Dark Mode in the likes of Arcade Mode.
9. Haru Issen is listed as pp instead of kk in the Readme.
10. Air Shunpukyaku appears twice as QCF,K in the Movelist.

I still think she's a bit funny in places but I'm very glad the Dark mode has been expanded on since the original.

Another issue I keep forgotting to mention is that the Movelist appears darker in 1.1 than it does in 1.0:
1.0:

1.1:

I had to take the latter via printscreen since it strangely appeared at the right brightness in the screenshot.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#165  February 13, 2022, 02:00:00 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Sometimes, Sakura's AI seems to do the wrong moves (from the mode that she's not in).

Here you can see regular Sakura perform Dark Sakura's Haru Ichiban: https://streamable.com/6bu4bi
(At no point during the match did she do a mode switch).
#166  February 13, 2022, 02:57:40 am
A question: this Sakura is still compatible with RamzaNeko's CS?

I hope it doesn't take long for you to take on Karin and Nakoruru, because the edits other authors did to these characters weren't much profound, unlike with Geese and Ryu.
Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 03:48:17 am by snowy997
#167  February 13, 2022, 07:23:34 am
    • USA
Great to have you back Pots! So far the only issue I'm having is Evil Ryu's palette seem to switch back to ryu when hit.
Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:26:56 am by rjoran225
#168  February 13, 2022, 10:21:36 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks everyone.

1. Sakura Jime takes too long for me. It's rather it match the speed of the likes of Ken's Tsukami Nage.
It should be accurate to SFA, but I agree with you. I think she could do one choke less.

2. Shunpuu Kyaku goes a bit too high (mostly in terms of hitboxes) and the 2nd spin whiff if she's too close: https://streamable.com/gvczvt
The trajectory itself should also be accurate, but you're right in that I should improve other things to prevent that.

3. Might I suggest changing the palette whenever she does Mode Change? There a chance one would forget she's in Dark Mode due to a lack of indication?
I feel the same way but felt a little lazy to add the palette swapping. I really like old Mugen's way of handling palettes because people can just open the palette folder and change what they want.

4. I'm surprised you didn't give her the Haru Ranman from SF4. It would've made a good LVL3 or 2 version of her Haru Ichiban.
I might have given that to her if I were remaking the character. As updates I mostly only added things I felt the characters really needed.

5. I find it odd that Dark didn't get the MvC Shou'ou Ken, mainly becuase Normal already has it as her EX Shou'ou.
She did though? In fact the old version already had it. Or do you mean the projectile shield?

6. Her MVC Shinkuu Tengyou is quite a random choice for a Dark LVL3 for me. I think I more fitting the choice would be the Beam Hadouken Dark gets instead.
I see where you're coming from. But many characters have Hadouken beams while the Hadouken spam is a Sakura-only thing, so I went for that one.

7. I think the grab pose for Dark SGS could also use a change. It just looks awkward, but it's understandable is there's not a suitable sprite.
It's like that in the source. I kept it because I think it's funny, hehe.

8. It's odd that there's no separate .def file for each mode. I prefer for a char to have one so I don't suddenly get Dark Mode in the likes of Arcade Mode.
This is because I wanted to make Dark Sakura a "stance change" instead of an evil character, like MvC2.

Another issue I keep forgotting to mention is that the Movelist appears darker in 1.1 than it does in 1.0:
That's funny. Especially with the screenshot coming out fine. I'm getting some ideas that should work in both engine versions.

I think you've provided feedback on just about every update now, so thanks for that.

Sometimes, Sakura's AI seems to do the wrong moves (from the mode that she's not in).

Here you can see regular Sakura perform Dark Sakura's Haru Ichiban: https://streamable.com/6bu4bi
(At no point during the match did she do a mode switch).
The AI's will be doing some funny things because I haven't touched them as much as I need to yet.

A question: this Sakura is still compatible with RamzaNeko's CS?
I doubt it since the SFF is different.

I hope it doesn't take long for you to take on Karin and Nakoruru, because the edits other authors did to these characters weren't much profound, unlike with Geese and Ryu.
Sorry but mine won't be very profound either. I think updates until Vega will be interesting, but with the characters I made after that it'll be just routine updates.

Great to have you back Pots! So far the only issue I'm having is Evil Ryu's palette seem to switch back to ryu when hit.
That's weird. Which engine are you using?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#169  February 13, 2022, 11:03:59 am
    • UK
This is because I wanted to make Dark Sakura a "stance change" instead of an evil character, like MvC2.

I mean, I like the utility of it and how you can combo with it, but I think it makes her a bit too 'out there' compared to other traditional CvS chars.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I think Dark Sakura could do with her own LVL3 Port.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 11:38:00 am by RagingRowen
#170  February 13, 2022, 11:42:32 am
    • Portugal
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#171  February 13, 2022, 09:57:31 pm
    • USA
That's weird. Which engine are you using?
[/quote]

MDR Offline mugen 1.1

#172  February 15, 2022, 04:38:50 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I just wanna say that finshing of Dan with Morrigan's Eternal Slumber is the best. That is all, lol!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#173  February 16, 2022, 11:23:55 am
    • UK
Another specific question for the future:
Will Yuri get different supers by chance? I'm mostly learning towards her Chou Ryuko Ranbu from 2002UM and onward to replace for Shin Hien Houou Kyaku.
WIP Schedule:
#174  February 17, 2022, 07:43:02 pm
A question related to Yuri (when you update her) :

You will add the Hien Senpuu Ken and Hien Senpuu Kyaku moves she had from 96 to 2001?

Because it's sad that SNK forgot that these moves existed in Capcom vs SNK, KOF 2002 and subsequent games.

But that would be hard because these moves would require entire new sprites for them.
#175  February 18, 2022, 06:46:55 pm
    • Portugal
MDR Offline mugen 1.1
That seems to be a full game type of thing. You shouldn't overwrite characters in those.

I just wanna say that finshing of Dan with Morrigan's Eternal Slumber is the best. That is all, lol!
;D

Another specific question for the future:
Will Yuri get different supers by chance? I'm mostly learning towards her Chou Ryuko Ranbu from 2002UM and onward to replace for Shin Hien Houou Kyaku.
Truth be told I'm not 100% happy with Yuri's movelist, but I don't feel like changing that for now.

A question related to Yuri (when you update her) :

You will add the Hien Senpuu Ken and Hien Senpuu Kyaku moves she had from 96 to 2001?

Because it's sad that SNK forgot that these moves existed in Capcom vs SNK, KOF 2002 and subsequent games.

But that would be hard because these moves would require entire new sprites for them.
It's been a long time, but I remember that those moves were considered. The kick I think was left out because it would complete her transformation into a shoto clone, and because I'd already made Sakura. The punch I forget why it was left out, but remember working on the sprites at some point.

I can see why SNK/Capcom left them behind because they're parodies of other moves and not staple Yuri attacks. One of the coolest things about old SNK was how experimental they were with movelists between each game, but obviously you can't keep everything going forward.
#176  February 20, 2022, 08:15:30 pm
    • Canada
Sad but true...
#177  February 21, 2022, 01:17:31 am
    • Brazil
Question: what are your plans for Morrigan?
#178  February 26, 2022, 01:58:16 am
    • USA
Hello POTS, was curious.

Your style has been coined the name "POTS style" for the longest time. but, what would you personally name it? If there was a POTS style fullgame or just a character style, what would you name it?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Vega added)
#179  February 26, 2022, 10:49:32 am
    • Portugal
Question: what are your plans for Morrigan?
Her update is similar to Sakura I guess. Added Air Darkness Illusion as a level 2 and tweaked some things to feel more like Darkstalkers.
Anyone paying attention may have noticed that I skipped her in the update order. She has a couple things that are boring to update so I haven't made a release yet, but her progress is the same as other characters.

Hello POTS, was curious.

Your style has been coined the name "POTS style" for the longest time. but, what would you personally name it? If there was a POTS style fullgame or just a character style, what would you name it?
Back in the day I think we just called it Mugen style. ;P I think that's a trick question. I rather people keep calling it that. When I see people take the assets I took 4 years to develop, and give it a different name, it reminds me of the Sonic community.

A couple of updates today:

Ryu
- His changelog was getting a bit long so here's another version

Vega
- Has a new super, but other than that it's the same kind of update usual
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Vega added)
#180  February 26, 2022, 11:11:08 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org