YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1208146 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Nash added)
#301  April 11, 2022, 07:45:43 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I really only play Shadow, but he's super fun with this update. I do have things to mention in terms of feedback, but nothing game-breaking that I've discovered, and also a few suggestions, if that's alright:

- Sonic Break and the projectile shell from Moonsault Strike don't trigger a Super KO effect.
- The second to last hit of MAX Crossfire Blitz should be a punch sound effect rather than a kick, since it's a shoulder check.
- The input timing for Moonsault Strike feels weird to try and input raw. Getting it from Reverse Somersault is fairly simple, but doing it on it's own feels near impossible.
   - Suggestion 1: I also feel like you should be able to cancel Moonsault Strike from Somersault Shell.
- Suggestion 2: Would you be willing to give Shadow a special winpose if he KOs the opponent with Final Mission? Nothing super intricate, was just thinking either he holds the pose instead of going back to his idle animation, or Shadow Warps off-screen like his match end winpose.

Enjoying him very much, can't wait to see what you do with everyone else down the line, too!
#302  April 11, 2022, 09:17:26 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Good stuff. Thanks.

Looks like a pretty good update for Nash, for the most part, even if I still have to get used to some of the changes.

However, I'm not a fan of not being able to have uf as the final direction for the Reversed Somersault super, as Crossfire Blitz will then come out instead (fortunately, their lv2 versions don't suffer from the same problem).
We probably have a different technique to do that motion because I hadn't noticed. But sure enough I'd given Blitz more input priority than Somersault, when it should be the other way around (Lv2 versions are correct as you figured). Fixed.

Found a little bug on Morrigan:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bOo3ydeAE[/youtube]

I don't know if this happens with other characters, but it seems that when the enemy is under a certain amount of health, instead of keeping the enemy with like 1 HP so that the finishing blow ends it, Darkness Illusion (both versions) keep them with more health and the finishing blow doesn't manage to bring their health to 0.
This bug's really weird. It seems like Mugen doesn't like it if you hit someone with two simultaneous Hitdefs containing the flag "kill = 0". I fixed it but am not really sure why it happened or why it's fixed now. :S

I really only play Shadow, but he's super fun with this update.
On that note I think I'll nerf his health even further. The chargeless booms are pretty crazy. :laugh:

- Sonic Break and the projectile shell from Moonsault Strike don't trigger a Super KO effect.
Fixed.

- The second to last hit of MAX Crossfire Blitz should be a punch sound effect rather than a kick, since it's a shoulder check.
That's a bit of a gray area. The punch sound feels a bit too sharp there to me, if it makes sense. I changed it like you said anyway.

- The input timing for Moonsault Strike feels weird to try and input raw. Getting it from Reverse Somersault is fairly simple, but doing it on it's own feels near impossible.
You might be doing it too low to the ground. It has height restrictions unlike the special version.

- Suggestion 1: I also feel like you should be able to cancel Moonsault Strike from Somersault Shell.
I had it like that at one point but changed my mind because it just felt too easy. On the flip side the fact Reverse Somersault can do that makes it scarier.

- Suggestion 2: Would you be willing to give Shadow a special winpose if he KOs the opponent with Final Mission? Nothing super intricate, was just thinking either he holds the pose instead of going back to his idle animation, or Shadow Warps off-screen like his match end winpose.
I'll see how the first one looks.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#303  April 11, 2022, 09:31:34 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#304  April 11, 2022, 10:04:58 pm
    • Brazil
Found a little bug on Morrigan:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bOo3ydeAE[/youtube]

I don't know if this happens with other characters, but it seems that when the enemy is under a certain amount of health, instead of keeping the enemy with like 1 HP so that the finishing blow ends it, Darkness Illusion (both versions) keep them with more health and the finishing blow doesn't manage to bring their health to 0.
This bug's really weird. It seems like Mugen doesn't like it if you hit someone with two simultaneous Hitdefs containing the flag "kill = 0". I fixed it but am not really sure why it happened or why it's fixed now. :S
lol, weird bugs always come out of nowhere, even when I played the character before, it took a while before I got this to happen, ruined some of my recordings, but it was kinda good, 'cause I found out I need to adjust OBS better. When is the fix coming, though? I downloaded her again and the bug is still there.
#305  April 11, 2022, 10:21:04 pm
    • Portugal
I don't have complaints about him, but I think the crunchy voice samples are a bit jarring.

There are better quality versions of them in SFA3's PSP version found here if you're interested: https://www.sounds-resource.com/psp/streetfighteralpha3max/sound/12512/
I'm having a hard time telling the difference between these, the ones in the char and SFA Anthology rips. Maybe the jarring ones are those from the Marvel series since I added them for variety (or was it SFA2? It's been a while). I'll try some filters on them.

When is the fix coming, though? I downloaded her again and the bug is still there.
Oh, sorry. When I say "fixed" I just mean the version I have. Maybe this weekend, I don't know.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#306  April 12, 2022, 12:59:28 pm
    • Philippines
I guess it is better to give Shadow a five hits Shadow Break than four and let his Sonic Boom and Somersault Shell has purple flame effects like in the MSHvsSF. :)

Btw. does Shadow doesn't have the ability to roll like Nash? "f+X+A or f+X+A"?
Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:35:33 pm by pating
#307  April 15, 2022, 03:04:00 pm
    • Portugal
I guess it is better to give Shadow a five hits Shadow Break than four and let his Sonic Boom and Somersault Shell has purple flame effects like in the MSHvsSF. :)
The five hits Sonic Break doesn't look that good since he just recycles the animation, but the flames aren't a bad idea. I may add them to a couple super moves.

Btw. does Shadow doesn't have the ability to roll like Nash? "f+X+A or f+X+A"?
He does. :???:

Uploaded small updates for Morrigan, Vega, Nash and Karin.
#308  April 15, 2022, 04:05:04 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah!
#309  April 15, 2022, 05:13:58 pm
Sorry for the late replay Pots.

Just tested morrigan and the inputs for DP are fine now. The rest of the cast prior to the update ofc are all affected though cause I had the time to test all of em during the week.

Im using mugen 1.1
Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 06:33:45 pm by PeXXeR
#310  April 15, 2022, 08:06:38 pm
    • Portugal
It's odd that you get that issue in 1.1 since I've only seen it in Ikemen. But ask and you shall receive. All characters updated to fix that issue. No need to redownload them unless you experienced funny things with the inputs.
#311  April 15, 2022, 09:56:02 pm
The moment you update the chars I download them if im available.

Thank you for the update Pots, I will test and report if there is anything funny.

Edit: am I moving mad or Lei-lei was throwing 3 balls before ?
Now she just throws one that hits 3 times, this is intentional right ?

Edit:

One more thing, on Ryu, not sure if you intended for this to connect but the last hit of the super hadouken does not connect after the following.
This maybe a hitbox thing, or maybe my execution is horrible.

If I use a hyper because of the super pause the last hit will connect even if the projectile and OP are far away.

I also managed to get the OP stuck using cody but I cant replicate it for the life of me.
When doing the chain combo, you can throw the OP mid combo I guess, while doing that I was mashing buttons and got the OP stuck somehow next to cody's legs but the OP unfroze after a time period right before i was able to capture it.
Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:31:02 pm by PeXXeR
#312  April 16, 2022, 12:11:09 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Ah, I was looking forward to this update and it didn't disappoint. Very nice.

Still, something must have gone wrong with Pocket Shin Gouki, as charging power summons temporary floating clones: https://streamable.com/e4i7mk
#313  April 16, 2022, 12:19:21 am
    • Brazil
I don't know where to post it, but i would like to thank you POTS, for releasing the Deserted Chateau stage. It's really gorgeous, thank you so much, I think that version was never been converted for mugen.
#314  April 16, 2022, 09:36:59 am
    • Portugal
Edit: am I moving mad or Lei-lei was throwing 3 balls before ?
Now she just throws one that hits 3 times, this is intentional right ?
You're not crazy hehe. She throws 3 in the original games, but because she takes 200 years to finish the animation and they don't even combo, it's one of the worst moves in the game. The way it was in my previous version was stronger than the original, but still bad. So I made it simple.

One more thing, on Ryu, not sure if you intended for this to connect but the last hit of the super hadouken does not connect after the following.
This maybe a hitbox thing, or maybe my execution is horrible.
This is intentional. What's happening here is that Shinkuu Hadouken has a juggle potential of 5 and you'd already spent 1 point with Tatsumaki, so it only does 4 hits. If you did that combo with Joudan Sokutou Geri instead it'd do 5 hits because in my chars a super cancel sets juggle points back to 0.
If you activate the debug menu you can see the juggle points.

The funny thing is that combo you posted wasn't even meant to work, but because most Mugen chars fall below the ground before actually hitting it (legacy from DOS Mugen), you have a few extra frames to land it and it works.

If I use a hyper because of the super pause the last hit will connect even if the projectile and OP are far away.
It's because of that super cancel rule I mentioned.

I also managed to get the OP stuck using cody but I cant replicate it for the life of me.
When doing the chain combo, you can throw the OP mid combo I guess, while doing that I was mashing buttons and got the OP stuck somehow next to cody's legs but the OP unfroze after a time period right before i was able to capture it.
You mean Guy? I had a look and what may have happened was that you cancelled the throw just as it begun. I allowed that by mistake, so thanks for noticing.

Ah, I was looking forward to this update and it didn't disappoint. Very nice.

Still, something must have gone wrong with Pocket Shin Gouki, as charging power summons temporary floating clones: https://streamable.com/e4i7mk
Already fixed and reuploaded. Sorry about that.

I don't know where to post it, but i would like to thank you POTS, for releasing the Deserted Chateau stage. It's really gorgeous, thank you so much, I think that version was never been converted for mugen.
Thanks. I'm sure it'd already been converted. If nothing else, my version makes it easier to find. ;P
#315  April 16, 2022, 03:34:30 pm
Yes I ment Guy, my bad.

I see about the combo, that makes sense.

As for the throw, yeah im sure I canceled it somehow.

Awesome, thank you for the updates.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Nakoruru added)
#316  April 16, 2022, 05:41:50 pm
    • Portugal
No problem. I'll keep posting them as long as people find something wrong with them.

Added Nakoruru. Should've probably done this one sooner because she had several compatibility issues in Mugen 1.1.
#317  April 16, 2022, 06:41:13 pm
    • USA
No problem. I'll keep posting them as long as people find something wrong with them.

Added Nakoruru. Should've probably done this one sooner because she had several compatibility issues in Mugen 1.1.
New member here, long-time lurker. I will definitely test her when i get the chance.

I wanted to post two issues with Guy. Please see the below video.

Check out my youtube channel if you want to see Mugen battles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdZsKMPtjLzXjVWCKmWAyw
#318  April 16, 2022, 07:08:42 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

[youtube]https://youtu.be/wRR8yByjnJw[/youtube]

At 0:05 of timestamp, I never seen that thing happened before it was a bug or just a glitch. And apparently Cody cannot wake up when it was a issue.
At 0:15 of timestamp, Guy goes to the void while he is the ghost on bottom.

And that's all of conclusion how it happened to Guy with such of measurement issues.
#319  April 16, 2022, 07:14:36 pm

New member here, long-time lurker. I will definitely test her when i get the chance.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/wRR8yByjnJw[/youtube]

I sat today and fought his ai for 30 minutes using debug and none of this happened to me, jeez.
What Cody is that ?
#320  April 16, 2022, 08:17:59 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks for registering to comment. :)

The first one I think is what PeXXeR meant a few posts above and was fixed recently.

The second one was briefly in one of the previous versions. I think I uploaded it, noticed the bug and reuploaded soon after. You were probably too fast to download it, hehe.

Try redownloading and see if any of them still happen.