YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1208069 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Cammy and Honda added)
#341  April 24, 2022, 09:37:18 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
If its okay with you for the Dan hyper, instead of removing the shortcuts I would just move the hyper to a down back normal motion.
I think that will resolve it.
The normal motions are a bit crowded. I think I'll make it HCF or the OG Hien Shippukyaku DB, F. Now that you mention it, this type of conflict is why I changed the input for Morrigan's Valkyrie Turn. Thanks again for bringing it up.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#342  April 24, 2022, 10:31:00 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm glad to see updates on such classic characters :)
#343  April 24, 2022, 11:44:07 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Been a little while since I tried your stuff. Here's my current gripes:

General:
- The fact you made various Air Specials done only when Jumping Neutral and/or Forward (sometimes at a specific height) is a bit restrictive for me and it kinda makes them disadvantageous against those that can use them in any direction.
- In IKEMEN, various supers sometimes just don't come out for me no matter what way I do them. (I could blame it on the more strict inputs there)

Lei-Lei:
- It might be impossible to hit with Zampa against your chars now because of the new liedown state with quicker recovery.

Vega/Bison:
- Final Psycho Crusher using a Delta command is a bizzare choice. I feel like you could've simply made it B,F,B,F,3P instead, unless it's to make it harder to access.

Nash:
- Shadow Warp is still listed under Normal's movelist in the Readme.
- I sometimes get Crossfire Blitz instead of a Somersault super. May I suggest throwing in some kind of shortcut for the Deltas? (Jmorphman used DB,QCF,UF for Guile)

Karin:
- I find it disappointing that you can't cancel from Kou'ou Ken into Kisaki no Kourin.
- Kira Eisei Neraiuchi's final hit is still listed as B, DB, D, F, DF, F, p in the Readme.
- Kira Eisei Neraiuchi's satellite cut-in isn't centered when playing in widescreen.

E. Honda:
- EX Ooichou Nage still does 2 hits in contrast to the promise of 3 hits in the changelog.

It's minimal for sure, but I don't have a load to complain about across all chars.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#344  April 24, 2022, 11:47:01 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Nice updates, especially the Morrigan one ;)

Honda seems to have a problem with his 100 hand slap, though, as he'll often just initially do the light version no matter the strength of the button pressed.

SNT

#345  April 25, 2022, 04:55:18 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Oh man, feels like ages since I've even heard the MvC Cammy voice. That'll take getting used to again.

I'm having some trouble getting Cannon Spike > Cannon Strike during Custom Combo. Was this just tightened up or removed entirely (did that fall under "dive kick while jumping back")?
#346  April 25, 2022, 11:51:32 am
    • Portugal
Thanks, everyone.

- The fact you made various Air Specials done only when Jumping Neutral and/or Forward (sometimes at a specific height) is a bit restrictive for me and it kinda makes them disadvantageous against those that can use them in any direction.
I can see why you'd feel that way, but it's not such a big deal. You're not supposed to be jumping back much to beging with.

- In IKEMEN, various supers sometimes just don't come out for me no matter what way I do them. (I could blame it on the more strict inputs there)
I think I more or less know the problem. However I'm not sure I should fix it and make things worse for Mugen when Ikemen's supposed to get an input overhaul soon. Will have to see.

Lei-Lei:
- It might be impossible to hit with Zampa against your chars now because of the new liedown state with quicker recovery.
It feels that way in training mode but, if you want to get technical about it, it's actually easier to hit them now because they lost access to Mugen's instant recovery by mashing.
That move should be set up beforehand and not done after P2 is on the ground, as in Dasktalkers.

Vega/Bison:
- Final Psycho Crusher using a Delta command is a bizzare choice. I feel like you could've simply made it B,F,B,F,3P instead, unless it's to make it harder to access.
I don't like inputs with 3 buttons for various reasons, and it'd make B,F,B,F,P way too crowded.
I went with the "delta" input because I had just converted his other supers to charge motions and did not want to make this one without charge. It also kind of makes sense because you need all the charge to do it.

Nash:
- I sometimes get Crossfire Blitz instead of a Somersault super. May I suggest throwing in some kind of shortcut for the Deltas? (Jmorphman used DB,QCF,UF for Guile)
Sorry but anyone who can do that shortcut can also do it the right way since it accepts DB, DF, QCB, UB. I already made it as forgiving as SF4.
I've personally always done those motions as "charge DB, 360º".

Karin:
- I find it disappointing that you can't cancel from Kou'ou Ken into Kisaki no Kourin.
Kisaki no Kourin would have to ground P2 for that cancel to work, which I don't want to allow.

- Kira Eisei Neraiuchi's satellite cut-in isn't centered when playing in widescreen.
Oops. I think they're all still lacking a bit of widescreen and zoom testing since my default setup is 4:3 in Mugen 1.0.

E. Honda:
- EX Ooichou Nage still does 2 hits in contrast to the promise of 3 hits in the changelog.
I reverted that change but forgot to remove it from the log.

Nice updates, especially the Morrigan one ;)

Honda seems to have a problem with his 100 hand slap, though, as he'll often just initially do the light version no matter the strength of the button pressed.
Fixed. Thanks.

Oh man, feels like ages since I've even heard the MvC Cammy voice. That'll take getting used to again.

I'm having some trouble getting Cannon Spike > Cannon Strike during Custom Combo. Was this just tightened up or removed entirely (did that fall under "dive kick while jumping back")?
Yeah that's pretty much how it happened. However I don't want her to lose that CC so I'll add that exception.

Fooling around with that CC I also found some system issues so I guess I'll update everyone again soon. Few things can stress test your coding the way CC's do. :laugh:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#347  April 26, 2022, 05:21:00 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I think the problem with the super inputs is that the time between each button has to be just right and not too fast, which makes things pretty awful in desperate situations where you'll likely be mashing to get one out.

Another minor nitpick/question: Is it normal for Nash to create explosion sounds from his throw slams?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#348  April 26, 2022, 10:00:02 pm
    • Portugal
The Ikemen malfunction seems to be caused by the input check I added so that the last direction and the button press cannot be too far apart (to simulate Capcom inputs). I think that's it but I'm not sure why it would even not work. Then again the input parser for Ikemen is still behind Mugen's.

Another minor nitpick/question: Is it normal for Nash to create explosion sounds from his throw slams?
It was intentional back then because I was still fooling around with different common sounds, but nowadays it just feels weird. I'll change it. Yuri's the same story.
#349  April 27, 2022, 06:28:30 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Found another Morrigan bug.

Both versions of Darkness Illusion can be parried... which might be intentional, except Morrigan then does the whole attack as if she properly hit her opponent, which just doesn't look right in my opinion.
The aerial version can lead to especially weird results if the opponent decides to block the rest of Morrigan's attack instead of countering or moving out of the way, as they will snap to Morrigan's position and then keep standing in mid-air.
#350  April 27, 2022, 11:48:32 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Hey P.o.t.S., since you're "done" updating your old chars, what are you gonna do next? If anything at all?
#351  April 28, 2022, 06:10:44 pm
    • Portugal
Found another Morrigan bug.

Both versions of Darkness Illusion can be parried... which might be intentional, except Morrigan then does the whole attack as if she properly hit her opponent, which just doesn't look right in my opinion.
The aerial version can lead to especially weird results if the opponent decides to block the rest of Morrigan's attack instead of countering or moving out of the way, as they will snap to Morrigan's position and then keep standing in mid-air.
D'oh! I did have the feeling Air Darkness Illusion needed some more work.
As for animating through parries, I removed that from the air version but am still deciding what to do with the ground version. In CvS2 you can parry it, but the way they did it is very ugly because Morrigan pauses the game so P2 can't jump out of it in the beginning.

Hey P.o.t.S., since you're "done" updating your old chars, what are you gonna do next? If anything at all?
Updating the bonus games and the chars no one cares about. :8):
#352  April 28, 2022, 09:18:39 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Yeeeeeaaa boi! We finally get that "Bison" update!

Although wouldn't mind seeing a new character as well...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#353  April 29, 2022, 10:40:00 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Yes, IKEMEN has a known issue where the input buffer locks up if too many commands are done in quick succession, sometimes. It's existed since the first version of IKEMEN and carried over all the way to GO, but nobody knows why it happens.

It makes cancelling QCF into QCFx2 basically impossible unless you:
A) Input it so the first QCF counts towards the QCFx2.
B) Delay the QCFx2, which may be suboptimal if the combo timing is tight.

The same is true for QCB -> QCBx2.

Of course you won't notice this issue if the character uses a buffering system like Explodsive or Deep Buffer, so it's down to the commands themselves rather than individual inputs.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#354  April 29, 2022, 12:47:52 pm
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
About Vega/M.Bison

https://streamable.com/tbz83k

The sound problem of Somersault Skull Diver has not been fixed from the previous version.

Code:
[State 1205, Snd]
type = playsnd
trigger1 = animelem = 3
value = 1, 3
channel = 1

[State 1205, Snd]
type = playsnd
trigger1 = !time
value = 5, 2
channel = 1 ←

The snd channel of Psycho Power Moves are 3, but only this move is 1.
If you are particular about this, you can leave it as it is.

One last suggestion
https://streamable.com/za5szm

I think it would be better to play the voice of Knee Press Nightmare at the same time as the Super Pause FX starts.

And it's a good job, PotS.
#355  April 29, 2022, 07:50:13 pm
    • Portugal
Yes, IKEMEN has a known issue where the input buffer locks up if too many commands are done in quick succession, sometimes. It's existed since the first version of IKEMEN and carried over all the way to GO, but nobody knows why it happens.
I'm not sure it's that because doing them with KFM feels easier than my chars. But I'm not sure what's the problem either, yet.

Of course you won't notice this issue if the character uses a buffering system like Explodsive or Deep Buffer, so it's down to the commands themselves rather than individual inputs.
That makes it even weirder.

The sound problem of Somersault Skull Diver has not been fixed from the previous version.
Fixed. Thanks.

I think it would be better to play the voice of Knee Press Nightmare at the same time as the Super Pause FX starts.
When I coded that move, putting the voice at the start felt a bit too early. But seeing your video now it sounds good. It's fixed.

And it's a good job, PotS.
Thanks. :) Also, your video reminded me and you're a good person to ask: what does he say in his taunt? I know it's a rhetorical question but I don't know that verb.
#356  April 29, 2022, 11:45:55 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
There's another small thing I noticed with Sakura that I think is a bug, though I'm not 100% sure: when you parry her EX Shou'ou Ken, she will keep running for a bit, but won't do the uppercut anymore, acting as if she whiffed instead.
#357  April 30, 2022, 01:12:42 am
    • Japan
what does he say in his taunt? I know it's a rhetorical question but I don't know that verb.

Vega/M.Bison "Do you want to give in to me now?"

This is a translation based on his characterization.
#358  April 30, 2022, 03:27:59 pm
    • Portugal
There's another small thing I noticed with Sakura that I think is a bug, though I'm not 100% sure: when you parry her EX Shou'ou Ken, she will keep running for a bit, but won't do the uppercut anymore, acting as if she whiffed instead.
I guess it's because the char was made before my newer parry code existed so you didn't have to account for such things. Fixed that and Haru Issen.

Vega/M.Bison "Do you want to give in to me now?"

This is a translation based on his characterization.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Updated everyone again. This is mostly bug fixes and some quality of life changes, especially if you use Ikemen. Nash changed a bit more than the others because I changed some normals to SFA2 style.
#359  April 30, 2022, 08:37:16 pm
  • ?
Hey PotS! How do we add the excel bar to the updated characters? Thank you for all your work!
#360  May 01, 2022, 12:19:44 am
    • Japan
Thank you for updating.
Excuse me for repeating posts.

Vega, Yuri

Code:
[State -3, High Jump Input]
type = varset
trigger1 = var(2) > 12
var(2) = 0
type = varadd
trigger1 = var(2) > 0
var(2) = 1
type = varset
trigger1 = command = "highjump"
trigger1 = ifelse(stateno = 11, command != "rlsdir", 1)
var(2) = 1

Only these two can't make a high jump because the above code isn't in -3 statedef.
Add this ...

Code:
[State 40, High Jump]
type = varset
trigger1 = !time && !AIlevel
var(3) = ifelse(var(2), 3, 0)

And if you change the code in statedef40, it will be solved.

Lei-Lei

Library error message: Died parsing ifelse(stateno = 11, command != "rlsdir", 1)

The above error is displayed because the command "rlsdir" is not registered.
If you register the command, it will be solved.