YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1057988 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#4561  February 17, 2016, 02:27:41 am
Personally the style switch ruined Revolution for me, so I'm glad to see it go
#4562  February 21, 2016, 12:05:43 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Jet Set Radio (Steam version)

Where has this game been all my life?!
#4563  February 22, 2016, 05:08:37 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I'm kinda hating myself right now, but I knew this was going to happen eventually.  Thanks Smash poll and my innate curiosity.  So I'm playing Bayonetta, got a copy of the Wii U original and 2 bundle.  And boy, we're having a fun ol' time.

The cheese in the tutorial to prologue is literally facepalmingly ridiculous, but it mellows out eventually.  Or at least, it's not so obnoxiously in your face.  It's not Girl Machete: The Game.  When nearly every damn sentence isn't an innuendo or otherwise cringy and the camera isn't shoved up her crotch for teh laughs, it gets enjoyable to play.

Spoiler: Bayonetta spoilers (click to see content)

As I've been reassured by a friend, and as I'd hope at least a little, things change down the line, avoiding spoiling myself, and she's not all bad.  Gameplay is fine all around, which helps keeping you playing, but the story makes me want to dislike her even more.  Per gameplay, I like the Link and Samus options added in, though Link's is just cosmetic it seems, same goes to Peach and Daisy, and Samus' arm canon is mostly a cheep way to win if you can keep your distance.

As an aside, I liked the original Fly Me To The Moon and all, but this...no thank you.
#4564  February 22, 2016, 05:30:36 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
#4565  February 22, 2016, 12:33:27 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PC)

Been trying to complete a no-continue run with my mains Kyo/Athena/Shingo. Ended up repeatedly doing Shingo Kicks, Phoenix Arrows and Final Showdowns. Not exactly how I imagined it'd go, but it's not like I'm playing competitively...
#4566  February 22, 2016, 01:11:30 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Best Gen 6 game. Explorers of Sky is still number 1 though.
#4567  February 26, 2016, 09:48:30 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)

Did they kill off the online multipayer or somethin'? Cuz I don't seem to be getting through. Ah, well. Guess I'll stick to fighting the Chimera threat in the campaign.
#4568  February 29, 2016, 12:29:26 am
One Finger Death Punch

Holy fuck this is so much more fun than it has any right to be. Everyone should play this, it's genius.
#4569  February 29, 2016, 12:31:42 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Street Hoop
pretty fun game alot better then the actual basketball game
I also founded out that Karnov was a basketball fan
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4570  February 29, 2016, 04:26:39 am
    • USA
Fallout 3 (360)

Been so long since I played this, I had to start a new game. But I don't mind, cuz this post-apocalyptic masterpiece is so damn fun.
#4571  March 02, 2016, 12:59:19 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)

Norman is kicking my ass. I knew I shoulda picked up a Machop from Jagged Pass, or a Roselia from wherever those are. Also, I learned yesterday that Anorith's mouth is not where you think it is, and it's creepy as all get-out.

In summary, screw Slaking.
#4572  March 02, 2016, 07:25:32 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Bloodborne - PS4

Only the first few mins and I know I'm really going to enjoy this.
#4573  March 04, 2016, 03:39:58 am
    • USA
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox; via The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena on Xbox 360)

I know nothing of the Riddick mythos (aside from Vin Diesel's chrome-dome playing the title character in the movies), but I heard great things about this title and I'm happy that it lives up to the hype. Yeah, I know I'm years late to playing it, but what can ya do?
#4574  March 05, 2016, 02:28:36 am
    • USA
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Twilight Princess HD

I went a little trade happy with a friend and altered my approach to how you're expected to play through Sapphire.  Gave him all the third gen starters, got all the first gen in return.  And a lot of Pokémon Y things I had little to no idea of.  Which is cool and all that there's a sword and that gen's Pidgey becomes a fire bird, but then I got Gardevoir and it has swept everything all the way to getting Latias.  This new Fairy typing is fun.  Gardevoir specifically, being the replacement Alakazam if you couldn't trade back in gen 3 but getting put up against so many Mightyena and Sharpedos killed it, now it's super-effective against them.  I am a little disappointed Cosplay Pikachu doesn't show its outfits to opponents you challenge online though.

As for Twilight Princess. having skipped Skyward Sword after its mediocre reception and not being too keen on the idea behind it, the original was probably the latest actual Zelda game I've played, so this is all kinds of nostalgia personally.  I feel though they could have done better in the graphics department, I know I'm not alone on that, but then I'm also comparing to Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2's ridiculously good remakes.  This is still just making me very happy, and I haven't even left Link's home town yet.
#4575  March 06, 2016, 03:56:21 am
    • USA
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)

What with everyone talking about Star Wars more than ever, I thought that now would be a good time to get back into it by playing what is considered one of the greatest games set in that universe. And from what I've played of it so far, it certainly lives up to that claim. HK-47 when?
#4576  March 09, 2016, 04:27:01 am
    • USA
Pokémon Yellow

I was thinking of maybe getting a Primeape, Arcanine and Nidoking primed and ready for that transfer to Sun and Moon.  I figured I'd see what EVs and IVs and ESPs and whatnot are all about, how broken they are in gen 1 where you can max everyone's stats or something.  Then I saw the math it required and it was the easy one to do.  Then I cured into a ball and cried through the night.

Ok but really, this seems daunting to be measuring unreadable numbers based on the possible stats of each and every individual opponent pokémon you face.  An extra 63 or whatever the actual number stat boost in all areas is nice, but I get the feeling this is only going to be all the more harder if I want to get the perfect anything from gen III on, even if you can somewhat keep track of them now.

Or maybe I'll just trade some pokemans over and say "screw it, whatever".  Every single legendary I've gotten so far has had countering natures, why stop there?
#4577  March 09, 2016, 12:58:07 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Tried to pick up Tri-Force Heroes. Then I saw the door to the single-player mode was a shabby little cubby-hole to the far right, and then I put the game right the fuck back down.

So now I'm back on Subnautica. Just finished a Nuclear Power Generator, so I don't ever have to worry about running out of juice inthe base ever again. Now to get to building a Cyclops, so I can investigate the heat signature signal I picked up by the Aurora. I may have to craft  concussion rifle just in case - no idea what's down there and I don't intend to get caught with naught but a shitty thermoblade.

Also, the Reaper Leviathan isn't so scary if you have a Perimiter Defense System on the Seamoth. One jolt makes him let go instantly. What a wimp :P
#4578  March 09, 2016, 02:14:12 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Tom Clancy's The Division
After downloading a 2.5GB day one patch, I was already greeted with a game breaking bug which prevents me from advancing forward with the story...at the very beginning of the game. Spent over an hour trying to relog/restarting the game and still no avail.
#4579  March 09, 2016, 07:36:18 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen

Twilight Princess HD. Loving the "new details" and the motion controls work really well for aiming and stuff. Makes me very hopeful for Zelda Wii U.
#4580  March 10, 2016, 04:18:31 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Final Fantasy XIV:  A Realm Reborn

After staving off the temptation for years, I've finally fallen victim to the dreaded MMORPG.  So far I've been having a lot of fun with it.