YesNoOk

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Read 1404228 times)

Started by Umezono, February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus
#81  March 04, 2021, 08:22:19 pm
    • Brazil
I'm just gonna leave this here, excuse me:

#82  March 04, 2021, 08:25:32 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Hot.

I mean wut.
#83  March 05, 2021, 05:50:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Said library also had a Pokémon become a human after sheding it's skin.

What are the odds those will be retconned including the lake bombings that killed all those Magikarps?
#84  March 05, 2021, 05:54:24 am
    • USA
#85  March 05, 2021, 06:11:44 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Said library also had a Pokémon become a human after sheding it's skin.
Alternative take; they add to the messed up concept and tie this to Ninjask/Shedinja.  Koga's just three Ninjask in a trenchcoat.

Didn't one of the vaguely recent Pokemon movies with Diancie have a royal family with a shiny Gardevoir relative?  And I think Pokemon Conquest never dropped this factoid in-universe, not sure since I didn't play that one?
#86  March 05, 2021, 06:13:55 am
Isn't that like... important??
Not anymore.  You see, in this remake, Team Galactic will conviently use their pickaxes and somehow cause the walls to crash with a loud enough rumble that attracts our heroes to their direction.

#SaveTheFishes

Ironically Ninjask'd
#87  March 05, 2021, 06:17:02 am
    • USA
I mean....it's Magikarp.  To this day the Pokemon Company upholds the tradition that the species is too stupid to live outside being too stupid to die.

A reminder this is official.
#88  March 05, 2021, 06:54:30 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Which is a shame, cause I love Magikarp.... not even being ironic, it's one of my favorite pokemon.
#89  March 05, 2021, 06:55:56 am
    • USA
Magikarp falls into the same vein as Quagsire in that it's such an oddball derp that you just have to love.
#90  March 05, 2021, 10:13:39 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#91  March 05, 2021, 12:01:11 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I want to like the remakes and them being developed by a different studio makes it possible for them to not be terrible, but I dunno. Just have to wait and see. Character models and the battle scene look horrible.

Arceus game has Pokémon animating at like 15fps so that's a great sign of what's to come. Throw a Poké Ball at a Shinx and it doesn't react, nor does the Shinx next to it. Pokémon is so far behind everything else, but people will keep buying it in droves so why should Game Freak try?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#92  March 06, 2021, 03:25:19 am
    • Brazil
I just hope they buff/give new evolutions to shit Pokemon like Luvdisc and Unown. Also, Regigigas desperately help too.
#93  March 06, 2021, 03:52:10 am
    • USA
Unown wouldn't make sense to evolve.  Frankly, they need to be reworked altogether because they were a gimmick for gen 2 and its accompanying movie.  Reworking it would go hand-in-hand with fixing Hidden Power though, so I'm all down for it.  I could imagine an Exodia-esque team composed of just Unown spelling some word would provide a team-wide boost or something like that.

Luvdisc is intentionally horrible to be used to farm, that can stay as is.  What doesn't need to be is Luvdisctwo.  Alomomola just being Luvdisc but again because gen 5's soft reboot deal did not pan out.  If it was a hard reboot and everything prior to gen 5 was cut out and discarded, maybe it would have some use as the new Magikarp pathetic pokemon, but as is it's just a repeat but slightly larger.  I think a neat idea would be another cross-generational pairing/rivalry like Tauros and Miltank, and just buff the two in opposite directions of usage.
#94  March 06, 2021, 05:46:22 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Regigigas could use Azure Flute to break it's ability or some random item that would get destroyed hence rendering it with Slow Start. I mean this could be interesting case if explored in Arceus Spinoff!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#95  March 06, 2021, 09:46:44 pm
    • Brazil
They could give him Skill Swap, nobody will want to get hit by that move if Regigigas uses it. Or just straight up remove the shitty ability and let him be a fucking Uber.
#96  March 06, 2021, 10:22:55 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
They're not going to do that for a remake.

Or a new game.

Or ever.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#97  March 06, 2021, 10:34:43 pm
Regis is actually doing way better in Doubles thanks to Neutralizing Gas and its Dynamax for living nuke functions.

It would be funny if they give some kind of held item that removes Slow Start tho.
#98  March 06, 2021, 10:59:08 pm
    • Brazil
I will never get the point of abilities like those. If Regigigas had Skill Swap, Slow Start would actually make him a good counter to fast physical attackers, but no, it exists literally to be a long ass hindrance to the Pokemon. Abilities should be a way to give different interesting strengths to Pokemon, not to be a "you're useless" tag.
#99  March 06, 2021, 11:04:46 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
That kind of ability exist to balance them, like Slaking. They are good stats pokemon with a bad ability. But in the case of Slow Start, they went too far I think? I agree that should have a way to get rid of SS, but I don't think it's going to happen.
#100  March 06, 2021, 11:10:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
regigigas would be pretty centralizing without SS in gen 8 ubers. for that matter, slaking would also definitely be in ubers as well.