YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18071680 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#321  September 09, 2015, 10:28:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Is it me, or is the fight not really impressive in terms of 3D workings? I mean, it's still a good fight and all (and I loved the result, along with how Raiden's speed is shown), but the presentation feels... average (compared to Torian's previous works like Iron Man vs Lex, Solid Snake vs Sam, Lightning vs Wonder Woman, or hell even the rematch with Goku vs Superman despite some bullshit shown).

Voice acting could use some work. Raiden's alright, but Wolverine just sounds like he's trying too hard to sound like 90s Wolverine.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#322  September 09, 2015, 10:29:21 am
    • USA
yeah i agree, it felt too fast and the pacing was kinda off at the end, maybe they rushed it for the deadline?
#323  September 09, 2015, 04:14:46 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
yeah i agree, it felt too fast and the pacing was kinda off at the end, maybe they rushed it for the deadline?

I didn't particularly like how the fight ended but out of all of the death battles up to this point I think their logical reasoning at the end was mostly sound. Because it's usually pretty heavy handed bull.

And like you guys said, I think the pacing felt a little...off. It's no Snake vs Sam, that's for sure but it was pretty fun for what it was.

7/10
#324  September 09, 2015, 06:36:18 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Well, it's not like Raiden would go back to using any other sword after the events of Revengeance, it's his sword now! And besides, Raiden's normal HF blade couldn't even cut through Armstrong's nanomachine armor, there'd be no chance of it cutting through adamantium!
Pretty much. Raiden's original HF Blade was literally something you can buy from the store and was just a typical copy.
Sam's Muramasa was virtually given to Raiden and is a far stronger HF Blade mainly due to being made from an actual sword.

I mean, just because there's nothing in Revengeance that can't be cut by the Murasama doesn't mean that the Murasama can therefore cut through anything; to pick another wonder metal from Marvel, it definitely couldn't cut through Captain America's shield, no ifs, ands, or buts about it!

I definitely could see it cutting through adamantium, though, but that feels a bit questionable as well, somehow. Antarctic vibranium uses vibrations to break apart metal just like HF blades do, but the details are different: no physical contact is required with antartic vibranium, it just naturally produces anti-metal vibrations that will affect things in its immediate vicinity. There's a definite similarity there, but I think it's a bit of a tossup, personally.

Of course it wouldn't cut through Captain America's Shield(mainly because of the Proto-Vibranium which completely cease the vibrations from the HF Blade) and I don't think they meant it on that level, it's just the fact that they used basic theory...which is still far better than "Adamantium may be a strong metal, but it's just metal" logic they used for Toph vs. Gaara and Goku vs. Superman 2...
And from what I heard in the post show, it was either that or lolWolverine wins because Adamantium can't be cut....
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#325  September 10, 2015, 11:33:35 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I just think it's not cut and dry: I think it could go either way! (I also think Raiden would totally dominate Wolverine without a sword, adamatium-cutting or otherwise)

I came across this today, and it seemed pretty appropriate. Fantastic comic book writer Kurt Busiek, who (in addition to a bunch of other great stuff) wrote the iconic crossover JLA/Avengers, was recently asked on Twitter about the Batman/Captain America fight in that book (the fight lasts only a few seconds, because they both realize they shouldn't be fighting, and while they seemed pretty evenly matched Batman admits that Cap would probably beat him, given enough time). He gave this response, which I think is important to keep in mind when pitting characters up against each other and trying to figure out who would win:
The hard fact is, anyone can beat anyone. We’re writers. We rig the fights. It’s why Squirrel Girl is Unbeatable. Our job as writers is to tell a story, not referee between fictional characters. They don’t actually do anything without we make ‘em do it. And comic book fights are absolutely full of underdogs winning against incredible odds. It’s how the stories work. So while it’s fun for readers to argue about, those of us pulling the puppet strings tend not to be as interested because we know the truth. And the truth is: Is it a good story? If so, that’s what matters. If not, we screwed up. But either way, the fights are still rigged.
#326  September 11, 2015, 12:10:58 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Thats why people should take all of the " DATA " presented in these death battles with a grain of salt especially with goku and superman that shit is like a religion for some people and they quote all of these fictional feats performed by these characters like a religious person quoting from the bible. I don't see how anyone besides children not old enough to know better can lose sight of the fact that ALL of this crap is subject to the whims of writers as evidenced by inconsistent character traits from one story to the next
#327  September 11, 2015, 12:19:21 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Gonna jump in and say despite the bad voice acting on both sides, and the pacing, I actually loved this one. I think the way Wolvie died is logical considering that his healing factor is located in his brain (do note my comic book knowledge is not top tier, and if I am wrong please correct me), and what better way to stop that factor than decapitation? Plus the Zandatsu slashing was hype. :P

Tho I do wish the voice acting was better, Raiden didn't even sound like Raiden in MGRR and Wolverine's voice was a bad attempt at his Marvel Anime voice in the X-Men segment.
This is a generic forum signature.
#328  September 11, 2015, 01:12:25 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I just think it's not cut and dry: I think it could go either way! (I also think Raiden would totally dominate Wolverine without a sword, adamatium-cutting or otherwise)

I came across this today, and it seemed pretty appropriate. Fantastic comic book writer Kurt Busiek, who (in addition to a bunch of other great stuff) wrote the iconic crossover JLA/Avengers, was recently asked on Twitter about the Batman/Captain America fight in that book (the fight lasts only a few seconds, because they both realize they shouldn't be fighting, and while they seemed pretty evenly matched Batman admits that Cap would probably beat him, given enough time). He gave this response, which I think is important to keep in mind when pitting characters up against each other and trying to figure out who would win:
The hard fact is, anyone can beat anyone. We’re writers. We rig the fights. It’s why Squirrel Girl is Unbeatable. Our job as writers is to tell a story, not referee between fictional characters. They don’t actually do anything without we make ‘em do it. And comic book fights are absolutely full of underdogs winning against incredible odds. It’s how the stories work. So while it’s fun for readers to argue about, those of us pulling the puppet strings tend not to be as interested because we know the truth. And the truth is: Is it a good story? If so, that’s what matters. If not, we screwed up. But either way, the fights are still rigged.

Thats why people should take all of the " DATA " presented in these death battles with a grain of salt especially with goku and superman that shit is like a religion for some people and they quote all of these fictional feats performed by these characters like a religious person quoting from the bible. I don't see how anyone besides children not old enough to know better can lose sight of the fact that ALL of this crap is subject to the whims of writers as evidenced by inconsistent character traits from one story to the next

Of course honestly. I'm not pretending otherwise, it just gets funny when it's obvious as hell it's rigged rather than looking like they are truly trying(Like with Toph vs. Gaara.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#329  September 17, 2015, 01:52:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Eh, guess Hercule is going against Dan.  OMM already did fine with that personally, but guess we'll see how this one goes.

Maybe if he wins he can go on to beat Superman and Kirby on the next April Fool's episode.
#330  September 17, 2015, 07:45:25 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Oh finally two jokes going head to head
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#331  September 17, 2015, 08:59:41 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
#332  September 18, 2015, 12:20:47 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
#333  September 21, 2015, 09:59:57 pm
    • USA

New One Minute Melee's out.

Still want to see that Vergil/Sephiroth match.
#334  September 22, 2015, 01:26:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Just watched the new OMM. Love their use of "Sparking" throughout the whole fight.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#335  September 22, 2015, 01:32:43 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That was beautiful. Definitely my new fave so far. :D

Also, Vergil/Sephiroth OMM or DB? Either one is hype for me, but I just wanna know.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:39:01 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#336  September 22, 2015, 01:35:28 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Actually holy shit.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#337  September 22, 2015, 01:54:54 am
    • USA
Also, Vergil/Sephiroth OMM or DB?
One Minute Melee.  If the character select screen is indeed hinting at what future battles they'll have, then those two seem the most likely match up to each other.

In a Death Battle, I'd place Sesshomaru over Sephiroth to be more on terms with Vergil.  Don't want to overkill Vergil now.  Though I still like the idea of Sesshomaru and Ghost Rider better, it's more fun when the two are so far apart yet have one common theme, and like Wolverine and Raiden, one has a specific resistance that'd without would make it too unfair.
#338  September 24, 2015, 12:33:47 am
  • SNK is life
Sean Altly and Chuchoryu properly credited. I is pleased.
#339  September 24, 2015, 06:12:56 am
    • Mexico
Those sprites were made by CVSNB though, Sean only made minor edits/tweaks to them. Pretty awesome fight though.
#340  September 24, 2015, 11:15:03 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Those sprites were made by CVSNB though, Sean only made minor edits/tweaks to them. Pretty awesome fight though.

Actually no... Cvsnb only made the SFxT style sprites. The Jin in his Tekken 4 costume was made by Sean