YesNoOk

Chibinized Chars (Read 12348 times)

Started by SavageD, May 25, 2010, 03:54:21 am
Share this topic:
Chibinized Chars
New #1  May 25, 2010, 03:54:21 am
  • SavageD will Ravage... ^_^
Ok dunno where to start. Recently I have realized how broken down the "chibi" mugen community was....I hardly find any properly made chibi chars, period.... Eventually as an amateur programmer I have decide I should help out, however I suck at spriting and I have very little time to make chars of my own and as amateur suggests, I not all the of a hardcore programmer...yet. To make a long story short, I came up with an idea, why not make the larger properly made chars chibi o_O.

So here goes, I am not sure about the rules when it comes to posting, "chibinized chars", as I call them. I have taken no credits to myself instead I give all credits to the original authors. I am a man of very little time and seek the fastest ways to get things done. I could not contact any authors as I think they have all left the mugen community or something  :-\, any ways here goes.

I have chosen to post these chibinized chars first, I plan to chibinize many more but I'm posting these few to see if the community would accept the idea as I am not very sure about the rules and so on. They aare chibnized however their moves list, author name and such remains the same the only difference is their size. Any way here goes:

On a side note, This is for mugen plus, not mugen 1.0 as you can change a chars size using "localcoord = 800*600" in their def file of chars. 

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I mean no disrespect to the authors, in fact I love their chars its why I chose them ^_^
These last images are just a teaser to show the benefits of chibinizing.

Credits thanks to:
Splode for his Juggernaut
K.Y-Shanxi for his bowser
vyn for his Terry bogard
ShinRyoga & NeOaNkH for their Super Mario
EugeneQ for her princess peach
N64Mario for his Guile
Big Eli King for his Venom
Meta Gouki for his inuyasha

Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c010f05323a31f8e111096d429abd36083675aabd358d75b16f8cf40558950b4

PWN (verb) -  1) An act of dominating an opponent.
                     2) Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.
Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:13:51 pm by Rajaa
Re: Chibinized Chars
#2  May 25, 2010, 03:57:42 am
  • Fuck You.
I'm sorry but all you did was made these characters annoyingly small.

When making chibi characters, you have to go for the "super deformed" look (big head/hands/feet). These characters are just really small (the Capcom ones anyway).
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#3  May 25, 2010, 03:59:08 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
We don't care about permissions. Crediting the original authors as you did is enough.

Also, this goes to edits and addons since it's done over an existing characters.
#4  May 25, 2010, 04:04:34 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So you just scaled everything down.

I wouldn't even call this an edit.
#5  May 25, 2010, 04:07:50 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
So you didn't scale and align the explods at least?
#6  May 25, 2010, 04:09:30 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Check his screens. Inuyasha, Bowser, and Terry still have normal sized FX.
#7  May 25, 2010, 04:25:00 am

this :)
i believe that the effects are all still the same big size, only thing changed is the scale in CNS
the very least that you should do is make sure the effects match the characters' size and of course the CLSN as well
#8  May 25, 2010, 04:26:23 am
Ok i provided link, the fx's are aligned they are just the default "normal sized fx you see in the images, I haven't posted the inuyasha, kid goku, venom etc chars because i havent finished editing them as yet. should take me 10 mins but, I too tired atm
#9  May 25, 2010, 01:51:15 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Link is broken. mediafire/myfiles does not work.
#10  May 25, 2010, 04:01:06 pm
Sorry about that The link is now fixed, as for the other above posts:

The fight fx's were already scaled and aligned what you see in the images are the default hitsparks i have in my mugen, also absolutely nothing is wrong with their clsn boxes, I have however left 'some' of their sprites and velocities unscaled for the several reasons. I would upload venom, hulk, saber tooth and inuyasha later today...hopefully

Plz provide feed backs as to anything that I may have left unscaled or should fix
Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:05:27 pm by SavageD
#11  May 25, 2010, 04:20:03 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

If its something not very tedious that the average joe with little MUGEN coding experience can do (ie: changing the scale of a character, but not the FX), then I hardly think it's considered an edit. Something like fixing the CLSNs, however, would be as its more time consuming and requires more effort.

However, thats just my opinion. The rules state that as long as credit is given and you detail what exactly was edited, then its safe. The OP did just that.

Cap

#12  May 26, 2010, 03:36:11 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
It's been said before, but this hardly even deserves it's own thread. Anybody can size down characters, they don't need someone to do it for them. Now, as RicePigeon said, if you worked with the CLSN's and FX, then it's actually an edit.
#13  May 26, 2010, 03:46:40 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
Why would you do this?!
You've single-handedly fucked up a handful of characters. You make me sad. :'(

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#14  May 26, 2010, 05:02:10 am
Why would you do this?!
You've single-handedly fucked up a handful of characters. You make me sad. :'(

Wow man, sorry to hear that   ::), here's a cookie  ;D....

O wait, I'm all out  >:D....

It's been said before, but this hardly even deserves it's own thread. Anybody can size down characters, they don't need someone to do it for them. Now, as RicePigeon said, if you worked with the CLSN's and FX, then it's actually an edit.

Well to just to make sure I looked up what edit was:
Edit: having been altered from the original version

I have messed with some of their clsn boxes and as for the fx, as I said, all I did was resize / chibinize them. Why this should not be considered an edit is beyond me o_O. Keeping in mind that not every mugen player is a programmer and not everyone is even remotely good at programming. I hardly find a reason why this, as you put it "hardly even deserves it's own thread."

And not the mention that I said this was specifically and idea to help the chibi community, because a great number of the chibi chars made are not exactly made very well. Since most chibi chars lack sprites and require custom made spriting, (something not many people are well at doing including myself) the majority of chibi chars are lacking in many areas. I am simply contributing to the mugen community however big or small or sucky any of you thing the idea is, it is still a....contribution. Thank you ^_^
#15  May 26, 2010, 05:07:15 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
The reason it's not an edit is because of the very little work involved. It's just 1/2 scaling everything (sprites and CLSNs).
#16  May 26, 2010, 05:13:07 am
The reason it's not an edit is because of the very little work involved. It's just 1/2 scaling everything (sprites and CLSNs).

Because it is half scaled, is exactly the reason why it's an edit. It's size was altered from the original one...If I took out each individual sprites and downscaled scaled everyone of them using photoshop and reuploaded em in the sff. Would you considerer it an edit then? I simply took a short cut...

#17  May 26, 2010, 05:39:52 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Because it is half scaled, is exactly the reason why it's an edit. It's size was altered from the original one...If I took out each individual sprites and downscaled scaled everyone of them using photoshop and reuploaded em in the sff. Would you considerer it an edit then? I simply took a short cut...

Allow me to reiterate...

If its something not very tedious that the average joe with little MUGEN coding experience can do (ie: changing the scale of a character, but not the FX), then I hardly think it's considered an edit.

If people were desperate to have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters, they can very easily do this themselves. Taking VinceJ's Inuyasha and altering the scaling to 1/2 of his original size is not rocket science. You dont need to have any experience to know what xscale = 1.0 and yscale = 1.0 do. Thats like asking somebody what the phone number for 911 is; it's blatantly obvious.

#18  May 26, 2010, 06:09:52 am

Allow me to reiterate...

Sure why not, I don't see your point though o_O, repeating the same lines isn't gonna help anyone here.

If its something not very tedious that the average joe with little MUGEN coding experience can do (ie: changing the scale of a character, but not the FX), then I hardly think it's considered an edit.

Are you forgeting that not everyone has this "little MUGEN coding experience." Maybe you do not consider it an edit, but regardless of what you say, it is...it was altered from the original coding. And I did scale the FX o_O.

If people were desperate to have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters, they can very easily do this themselves. Taking VinceJ's Inuyasha and altering the scaling to 1/2 of his original size is not rocket science. You dont need to have any experience to know what xscale = 1.0 and yscale = 1.0 do. Thats like asking somebody what the phone number for 911 is; it's blatantly obvious.

Despite knowing for a fact that some people actually "have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters"  >_>, and actually enjoy this. Have you considered, that perhaps...maybe, some people do not consider it, because they cannot make the characters smaller/chibi on their own.

I do not know who this o.o "VinceJ's Inuyasha" is. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't go very deep into how to chibinize chars. Does he tell them how to scale velocities, add double jump, fix clsn, vars, positions, states etc? I think not. Because to chibinize some chars properly you'd have to change some of the coding yourself which requires more than just the average knowledge about mugen....so then it's not so blatantly obvious, hell I'll even challenge you to make one of your chars chibi within 2 hrs time and upload it for all to see :)
#19  May 26, 2010, 06:13:51 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Why chibi a char that was already small to begin with
I suggest you go study Touhou's sprite style
#20  May 26, 2010, 06:22:40 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
I do not know who this o.o "VinceJ's Inuyasha" is.

You dont even know the names of the authors whose stuff you edited?  o_O

Are you forgeting that not everyone has this "little MUGEN coding experience." Maybe you do not consider it an edit, but regardless of what you say, it is...it was altered from the original coding.

Again I reiterate...

altering the scaling to 1/2 of his original size is not rocket science. You dont need to have any experience to know what xscale = 1.0 and yscale = 1.0 do. Thats like asking somebody what the phone number for 911 is; it's blatantly obvious.

And I did scale the FX o_O.

That you did... we after pointed it out to you. Also I'm assuming you didn't fix the velocities to compensate for the smaller size either?

Anyhow, this topic is getting WAY off track now.
Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:27:42 am by RicePigeon