Chibinized Chars (Read 12351 times)

Started by SavageD, May 25, 2010, 03:54:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Chibinized Chars
#21  May 26, 2010, 06:26:15 am
  • SavageD will Ravage... ^_^
Why chibi a char that was already small to begin with
I suggest you go study Touhou's sprite style

hmm, I dunno, I tend to scale things down to the size of JUS styled chars, as a result I was actually scaling rice pigeons chars to half their size as well ;D, but I think I'll pass that now :(.
Since I suck at spriting, big time :/, I think I would actually look up Touhou's sprite style. Thanks for the suggestion ^_^
PWN (verb) -  1) An act of dominating an opponent.
                     2) Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.
#22  May 26, 2010, 06:26:47 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
His arguments are more and more bullshit every time he posts.
The reason it's not an edit is because of the very little work involved. It's just 1/2 scaling everything (sprites and CLSNs).

Because it is half scaled, is exactly the reason why it's an edit. It's size was altered from the original one...If I took out each individual sprites and downscaled scaled everyone of them using photoshop and reuploaded em in the sff. Would you considerer it an edit then? I simply took a short cut...

Allow me to reiterate...

Sure why not, I don't see your point though o_O, repeating the same lines isn't gonna help anyone here.
Obviously because you can't get it the first time.
If people were desperate to have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters, they can very easily do this themselves. Taking VinceJ's Inuyasha and altering the scaling to 1/2 of his original size is not rocket science. You dont need to have any experience to know what xscale = 1.0 and yscale = 1.0 do. Thats like asking somebody what the phone number for 911 is; it's blatantly obvious.

Despite knowing for a fact that some people actually "have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters"  >_>, and actually enjoy this. Have you considered, that perhaps...maybe, some people do not consider it, because they cannot make the characters smaller/chibi on their own.
Are you saying that there are people so retarded that they can't do the simplest of tasks involving switching some numbers? I mean really, that's so far-fetched it makes LOST seem plausible. >:(

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#23  May 26, 2010, 06:33:19 am
His arguments are more and more bullshit every time he posts.
The reason it's not an edit is because of the very little work involved. It's just 1/2 scaling everything (sprites and CLSNs).

Because it is half scaled, is exactly the reason why it's an edit. It's size was altered from the original one...If I took out each individual sprites and downscaled scaled everyone of them using photoshop and reuploaded em in the sff. Would you considerer it an edit then? I simply took a short cut...

Allow me to reiterate...

Sure why not, I don't see your point though o_O, repeating the same lines isn't gonna help anyone here.
Obviously because you can't get it the first time.
If people were desperate to have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters, they can very easily do this themselves. Taking VinceJ's Inuyasha and altering the scaling to 1/2 of his original size is not rocket science. You dont need to have any experience to know what xscale = 1.0 and yscale = 1.0 do. Thats like asking somebody what the phone number for 911 is; it's blatantly obvious.

Despite knowing for a fact that some people actually "have normal sized characters fit in their roster full of chibi/smaller characters"  >_>, and actually enjoy this. Have you considered, that perhaps...maybe, some people do not consider it, because they cannot make the characters smaller/chibi on their own.
Are you saying that there are people so retarded that they can't do the simplest of tasks involving switching some numbers? I mean really, that's so far-fetched it makes LOST seem plausible. >:(

At this point, I'm done argueing. However, your two posts gave me a good laugh xD for the night. What your saying has very little logic in it. I don't argue with your type, your heads to filled with rage, it blurs your vision, and as a result you make silly remarks.
#24  May 26, 2010, 06:36:36 am
Lol, I like you. :)
But still, it's a waste of time, I'm not stopping you but...
Really consider what I just pointed out. ::)

#25  May 26, 2010, 06:40:17 am
  • Participate, be a part.
 --; uh this kinda of stuff can be done easily using localcoord within the def file. localcoord will automatically scale everything along with explodes etc. only thing that need to be resized are the small portrait and big one, being a plus actually because you can use HD images. try localcoord=1280,720.
#26  May 26, 2010, 06:49:35 am
--; uh this kinda of stuff can be done easily using localcoord within the def file. localcoord will automatically scale everything along with explodes etc. only thing that need to be resized are the small portrait and big one, being a plus actually because you can use HD images. try localcoord=1280,720.

Does not work -__-.....is their more I should know?

I use mugen plus by the way, not 1.0, because it still needs fixing
#27  May 26, 2010, 06:59:43 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That feature is only available for mugen 1.0

2OS

#28  May 26, 2010, 07:18:09 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Bottom line = Original code was altered, what does that mean ? it means it was edited, debating over opinions is one thing, but facts is just pointless, it's like debating over whether or not we're breathing air

Gotta crawl before you walk, since this edit was incredibly minor I'd say he's beginning to crawl in terms of an editor, which is better than nothing
#29  May 26, 2010, 07:23:29 pm
Bottom line = Original code was altered, what does that mean ? it means it was edited, debating over opinions is one thing, but facts is just pointless, it's like debating over whether or not we're breathing air

Gotta crawl before you walk, since this edit was incredibly minor I'd say he's beginning to crawl in terms of an editor, which is better than nothing

Someone that understands ^_^

Thx for the info ^_^, tried it in mugen 1.0 and it works, however I still plan to continue this for mugen plus as it is unable to do this and 1.0 still has some bugs to work out. Guess imma edit my first post to show that...
#30  May 28, 2010, 07:39:20 am
  • Participate, be a part.

Thx for the info ^_^, tried it in mugen 1.0 and it works, however I still plan to continue this for mugen plus as it is unable to do this and 1.0 still has some bugs to work out. Guess imma edit my first post to show that...
[/quote]
mugen 1.0 is actually pretty stable as of now since rc7 released probaly even more than the older versions of mugen avail, i havent had any problems yet. I recommend everyone to change because 90-95% of the current mugen stuff works on mugen 1.0 anyways so whats the point in staying stuck with winmugen or wmplus or even dosmugen. only problem i have is using olders screenpacks with mugen1.0 if im running 720 or 1080 otherwise fine. If your waiting for a stable guarantee it could be years, read electbytes blog.
#31  June 01, 2010, 08:36:34 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think "Shrinked Chars" should be a better title for this thread, IMO :P

Also, apart of shrinked sprites and FX, maybe you should make a high pitch in chars voices you patched, to give better the small feel you wanted for them. I mean, in ClayFighter 63 1/3 in Secret options you can do that, shrink or expand characters and also manage to high or low their voices.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#32  June 15, 2010, 09:16:49 pm
I have to agree with earthworm. A tiny person does not a chibi make. I do believe being a chibi has something to do with the proportions of the body parts. Big head, small body, stuff like that.
#33  June 26, 2010, 05:15:02 am
only problem i have is using olders screenpacks with mugen1.0 if im running 720 or 1080 otherwise fine. If your waiting for a stable guarantee it could be years, read electbytes blog.

That screen pack problem is exactly why I don't use mugen 1.0, I made my own custom screen pack and sadly it wont work with mugen 1.0 though I plan to convert it sometime soon  -_-... anyways I'm starting to conjure up my own chars for mugen.

I have a Luffy(90%), Sanji(80%), Zoro(70%) and tails(from sonic, 10%) in the works though their all chibi, I plan to have a small and big version of each for Mugen plus and 1.0.
#34  June 26, 2010, 08:16:11 pm
downloaded...
Char plays fine, but somewhat heavy and slow IMO...
Too much priorities...
more especials needed
what about a mode change code... morphing from sword to whip and viceversa?
Lacks Impact Guard... maybe you could add kung fu man 720 parry code to emulate impact guard, or use any melty blood char shield code, it is a must for a soul calibur character to use impact guard...
Anyway Ivy shows promise, keep up the job...
\\\" It`s so easy to rewrite history when the few that know the truth are made unable to speak for themselves\\\"
Alexander, the last scenario...
#35  June 26, 2010, 08:17:11 pm
What... the... fuck... o_O

#36  June 26, 2010, 08:51:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I think he mixed his threads up......rather badly. o_O
#37  July 05, 2010, 07:31:36 am
ALL CHARACTERS UPDATED A BIT (05, July 2010) I've also added a few more characters.

Besides this, I've also added a chibi hit spark set for those who have a mugen dedicated to chibi chars here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rnmmtrmhmyz

Since I my self can't find a chibi hit spark set out there o.o.....

Here's  what the hit sparks look like...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

New #38  July 05, 2010, 07:32:57 am
I've also started to edit a luffy and sanji which can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c010f05323a31f8e111096d429abd36097740ff4b0daa9fed6e38d13f15c3e80

Plz note that I have just started to edit them....
The luffy could transform to gear 2... no surprise there, there's many luffy's out there so won't go into much. He's missing special sounds, haven't it added em yet.

The sanji however I've only finished most of his basic moves without his cigar (you'll see what I mean), and he mostly combo friendly. e.g of combo's

D A, F A
B A, F A
B A, D A
B A, F A
D C, F C
B A, F A, D B, F B, F C

Most of his moves are chainable into his windmill attack (F C)....
I've yet to add all his sprites of him 'smoking' and I've only finished one of his specials (the spiny thing, you'll see what I mean...hopefully, lol). I've yet to finish the others, I'll also accept ideas some may have.

credits to Serious Cat (luffy) and Ultimate Green hat (Sanji) for their awesome creations. I take no credit for these chars.

I decided to make my own little project called "chibi mugen" in which anime and cartoon chars face off in a small world. Eventually I'll start to edit the chars I've "chibinized" to play/look/sound different, and I'll start to upload/host the best "JUS like stages" I could find for chibi chars along with a screen pack I will make. For the stages I'll of course ask for authors permission for it to be in my project before I upload...more details tommorrow...I need sleep.
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:45:11 am by SavageD