Started by momo!, June 19, 2010, 04:05:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Community
#281  March 18, 2015, 02:43:07 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah I'm really excited, it still feels like Community even with all the cast departures and moving to Yahoo!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

also I just noticed (well, I noticed 30 minutes ago, more like) that there was another episode and it's amazing too
#282  March 19, 2015, 02:26:45 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea I did too, Jesus wept though. He wept.

Man this season is gonna be awesome.
#283  March 19, 2015, 04:41:17 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I'm digging it. I miss the cast members who have left, but I still love it. I definitely felt the extra 5 minutes per episode, though. I'm sure some episodes will benefit from it, but the fat could have been trimmed a bit on these two. As far as the new characters go, I'll have to see more of Elroy, but after these two episodes, Frankie already feels like she's always been there.

Also, I watched the two new episodes when they went online at 3am, and then rewatched them with a couple friends the next day. Oddly, the first time I watched them, I liked Ladders better, but upon rewatching, I enjoyed Lawnmower Repair more. I also loved that the second episode was directed by Jim Rash and Nat Faxon, since The Way Way Back is one of my favorite recent(ish) movies (if you haven't seen it, you should, it's great and has a similar sense of humor).

Also,
may have been one of the funniest random jokes the show has done. I lost it when that happened.

Download Last Bout now!
#284  June 02, 2015, 09:28:45 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
So guys how did you find this season
overall it was very great even if some of the episode werent so good
definitly waiting for season 7
Loved the Rick and Morty cameo in the last episode
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:15:00 pm by City_Hunter
#285  June 02, 2015, 11:13:34 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That finale was perfect. I was losing my shit the whole time, but I completely lost it when the Dean told Abed

Fucking gold. Now I has a sad though. :(

Download Last Bout now!
#286  June 02, 2015, 11:17:10 pm
    • USA
I enjoyed the season a lot but the cast turnover has hurt it a lot (though Frankie and Elroy are nonetheless fantastic additions).

But good fucking lord, the (very probably season) finale completely blew me away, it's not only unquestionably the best series finale Community has done (every season finale since season 2 has been constructed to serve as a series finale), but it's easily one of the best episodes Community's ever done. Just utterly, utterly fantastic. :')
#287  June 04, 2015, 08:44:36 am
    • USA
Yahoo apparently is in talks with Sony about doing more episodes of Community, which... what? :-\

Spoiler: should I spoil this you know what I will (click to see content)
#288  August 04, 2015, 09:37:36 pm
    • USA
Joel McHale just confirmed that there would not, in fact, be another season on Yahoo, because they couldn't afford to pay the actors (most actor contracts on TV series have pretty hefty pay increases when the show goes past 6 seasons). I would also imagine that actor availability would be tough to work around (pretty much every lead is already attached to another project).

and honestly, I know I said this in the post directly above this one, but the entire point of the last episode of season 6 was that Community could not continue for another year!

... but you know, a movie would be fine
#289  August 05, 2015, 05:50:30 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It was a tremendous finale, and I would be perfectly happy with a movie, but it still hurts a bit to actually have it confirmed 100% that the show is over. :(

Download Last Bout now!