YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129579 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#701  September 12, 2008, 11:32:35 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#702  September 13, 2008, 08:19:00 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#703  September 13, 2008, 12:59:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Had this been a capcom game, everyone would be crying a river over the fact that none of the characters look anything close to the source material.

Cuz its midway they are amazed when they manage to get the number of fingers right.
"Holy crap! Subzero is so ninja this time!!! And jax is still black! thats so like jax being black!!"
#704  September 13, 2008, 02:45:15 pm
Something I found on a random site:

Crappy, I don't find it funny

#705  September 15, 2008, 10:15:42 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Another Screenshot from story mode.

and the kano render that Subby Posted.

No
#706  September 15, 2008, 01:51:30 pm
I haven't posted it bcoz IMAGESHACK is taking forever to upload

#707  September 19, 2008, 07:16:23 pm
Liu Kang's trapezius muscles looks rather disturbing, almost as if he has no neck.
Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:35:39 am by Invictus
#708  September 22, 2008, 01:43:54 pm
Hey guys, now we are going to see Boon suprise us.

QUAN CHI IS FUCKING APPEARING! ERMAC, CAGE, KUNG LAO, OH GOD THIS IS SO AMAZING!

Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:54:12 pm by Avenging Sub-Zero
#709  September 22, 2008, 06:05:01 pm
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
#710  September 28, 2008, 01:54:00 am
 >:(
For us here in Mexico, we are look about a gig stupidity than put together the DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat, because Heroes don't fight using about some much violence until we can see blood in stages; Heroes 've more content than arcades characters. The only available universes than have same levels are DC 'n Marvel universes; so, there are better talk about DC vs Marvel, without fears from Superman recieve a great kicking of spiderman, because is players skills than it made a winner or looser; i thinck this is the most probable cause than DC don's ask Marvel for this kind of videogame; n sure this dump idea for a DC vs MK it's come frome Marvel vs Capcom, other baddest videogame, beacuse how can we imagine an arm of Ken masters stop a Wolverine attack... simple bone against Adamantium than can cut steel easily?.. or Sakura, cute girl, strongh against Hulk punchs???!!! >:D
#711  September 28, 2008, 01:55:34 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
What?.. :blank:
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#712  September 28, 2008, 05:29:03 am
  • I got a PM.
He said the game is stupid because superman could take out the whole MK Cast by himself.

This is of course true unless wait......

Kryptonite is where shao Kahn gets his powers.

That's always the problem when you bring superman into any cross over even in the comics because he is ridiculously strong.

That's why his worst enemy is an ugly week genius name Lex Luthor. DC likes to have there hero's fight the opposite of themselves. That's what makes Superman great he can beat anybody in the whole universe except Lex super powerless Luthor.

Another example is Batman. Batman's worse enemy is The joker. Batman is dark and brooding with no sense of humor and an overwhelming sense of justice. The Joker is Very upbeat and having a good time and has no concept of justice.

MK mixing with DC is dumb story wise because Superman is way over powered. Even sub zero who in my opinion should be the most over powered MK character wouldn't be a match. I mean how do you freeze someone who flies through freezing space and breaths the same power that Sub Zero.

Even Raiden go head shock superman fire bullet electricity are meaningless to him.

That should have man Superman a boss only or left him out of the series.

But of course it's only a game.
#713  September 28, 2008, 05:35:55 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Boon has stated the storyline will explain how Superman will be at the same level as MK characters.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx

MDI

#714  September 28, 2008, 06:08:29 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
>:(
For us here in Mexico, we are look about a gig stupidity than put together the DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat, because Heroes don't fight using about some much violence until we can see blood in stages; Heroes 've more content than arcades characters. The only available universes than have same levels are DC 'n Marvel universes; so, there are better talk about DC vs Marvel, without fears from Superman recieve a great kicking of spiderman, because is players skills than it made a winner or looser; i thinck this is the most probable cause than DC don's ask Marvel for this kind of videogame; n sure this dump idea for a DC vs MK it's come frome Marvel vs Capcom, other baddest videogame, beacuse how can we imagine an arm of Ken masters stop a Wolverine attack... simple bone against Adamantium than can cut steel easily?.. or Sakura, cute girl, strongh against Hulk punchs???!!! >:D

That time of month sure is a bitch huh?
ey
#715  September 28, 2008, 06:27:45 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
by the staff of the Celestial Father, can you guys actually stop that "overpowered" non-sense?

even it its addressed on the storyline, it does not matter.

let's take a look at your dear and beloved Marvel Vs Capcom series.

Wolverine. Powers: Healing factor and adamantium claws that can cut through steel as a knife cutting through butter. what do you think it would do to Ryu's own body? not to mention that the healing factor should mean that his live keeps constantly being replenished.

The Hulk. Should i tell that, even on the version showed on the games, The Hulk is freaking strong? to the point that no one in there would be able to take him down? we are talking about superman level strenght here people! not even the shung goku satsu would do the sligthtest damage to this guy. heck, from all the marvel games done by capcom, only thanos could be a match for him. Capcom side would be totally destroyed.

Thanos. He is in love with death itself, its pratically a God, and has a glove that can shape reality itself. do i need to say more?

Spiderman: good old spidey can lift a whole building on his back. the only thing that would give damage to him are the hypers. and only after the second one.

Venom: spiderman X 3. Megaman, Dhalsim, Ryu, Ken and C. Commando might have a chance, due to have fire habilities, but the rest would be doomed.

Onslaught: he has Magneto's powers, mixed with Xavier's. not to mention he can bend reality itself (due to using Franklin richards as power source) and is strong beyong even Hulk's limits.

in other words: Marvel characters were overpowered. and what capcom did? boosted up his side. plain and simple, not explanation or whatever. it did not prevent it to be a great game.

same goes for Mk Vs DC: sure. Superman can destroy universes by sneezing on them, but Will it really matter when actually playing? nope.

BTW, Shamrock, Lex Luthor actually is very powerfull. he has access to and incredible technology, and is actually one of the top minds of Dc Universe's earth. Before being revealed the mastermind of a crime sindicate, he had a powerfull media empire, and pretty much could control public opinion. Superman actually defeated him lots of time, but he used the fact that the publich saw him as a Philanthropist to avoid public confrontation with Superman. This days, he actually has access to tons of Kriptonite, and is constantly researching ways of killing Superman. sure, he can not fly or what not, but he is looking for a way to do it, and while that does not happen, he has plenty of powerfull walking tanks powered by kriptonite.

OZ

#716  September 28, 2008, 06:38:53 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
He said the game is stupid because superman could take out the whole MK Cast by himself.

This is of course true unless wait......

Kryptonite is where shao Kahn gets his powers.

That is only true if Superman desires to be affected by Kryptonite.

Superman's super power is doing whatever the fuck he wants, whenever he so desires.

Of course, agreeing with Tony 3rd, that more than likely won't play any part in the game.
Unless maybe during a fatality, he can temporarily remember that the rules don't apply to him.
ಠ_ಠ
#717  September 28, 2008, 07:04:22 am
Boon has stated the storyline will explain how Superman will be at the same level as MK characters.
Everyone will be sprinkled with kryptonite?

No but seriously, Majority of the Storyline will happen in Outworld which has a very huge amout of magic, thus making superman uninvincible

#718  September 28, 2008, 07:17:13 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
forget magic, what about the 2 universal cataclisms that merged 2 freaking universes?

don't you guys thing that screwing up with laws of phisics is enough to get rid of superman invencibility?
#719  September 28, 2008, 07:25:40 am
  • I got a PM.
The outworld thing would also fit into making superman week. according to the comics it's the power of the radiation from our sun that's gives superman his powers. That's why his parents were normal on there planet no earth sun radiation. Still even even there's only two seconds on this world story wise it is dumb.

Like said earlier it's a game. Capcom VS Marvel was a fun game. Didn't matter that the hulk would have killed everyone.

Oh and on the Lex subject I'm familiar with Lex's multiple and ever adapting story lines. The opposite thing is big time there. Kent Farm boy super powered has lot's of compassion and love. Not the smartest guy in the world.

Lex a freaking Genius bad looking (Although for awhile he cloned a good looking body that he used) no powers Rich Business type has no compassion in fact is a narcissistic sociopath.

I've never been into fighting games because of story so it does not bother me. If you want story heavy games there are plenty to choose from.

Now what will make this game bad will be shitty controls and bad game play.

I've gotten completely away from all system but the wii so I will not be getting this game I think the future is VR and any system going that way which the Wii is. I think the days of these types of fighting games is gone.

I bet Mugen last longer then the knew fighting game spurt that is happening.

3d Story fighting games and wii point of view games are the future.

This may be the last one that makes any money. It's nice of them to give us knew sprites to attempt to rip though.
#720  September 28, 2008, 07:46:28 am
forget magic, what about the 2 universal cataclisms that merged 2 freaking universes?

don't you guys thing that screwing up with laws of phisics is enough to get rid of superman invencibility?
Well, how can we screw up the laws of physics?