YesNoOk

Creamy Goodness - Version 0.1 (beta) (Read 43423 times)

Started by Creamy_Goodness, January 29, 2015, 05:12:57 am
Share this topic:
Creamy Goodness - Version 0.1 (beta)
#1  January 29, 2015, 05:12:57 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> I know it's been a long ass time since I made my last post to these boards, but I've got something new for you all to try out. This is my first beta release of my new Creamy Goodness character. Keep in mind that because this character is still in its beta phases, it is NOT YET FINISHED, and there is still a lot of work to be done on it. Creamy is basically a candy obsessed character who in turn has candy oriented attacks. He has average speed, below average defense and attack power, and a wide variety of projectiles.

> Work completed so far...

- Version 0.1 (first beta version) (current version)
-   - Temporary stickman sprites
-   - All required MUGEN animations
-   - Dodge and power charge
-   - All basic attacks
-   - All special attacks including EX attacks
-   - All super attacks except for ultimate attack

> Planned future updates...

- Version 0.2 (second beta version)
-   - Bug fixes (if applicable)
-   - Alternate state (Skittles Rush)
-   - All planned combo attacks
-   - Ultimate attack (Jawbreaker Jamboree)

- Version 1.1 (initial release version)
-   - Primary outfit sprites (Casual outfit)
-   - Standard intros
-   - Standard win poses
-   - Lose pose
-   - Chip KO

- Version 1.2+
-   - Special intros
-   - Additional outfits
-   -   - Secondary outfit (Hoodie)
-   -   - Victory outfit (Mr. Mint)
-   -   - Secret outfit (Willy Wonka)

> Movelist...

- Special Moves
-   - Pez Machine-gun (QCF + P)
-   - Lemon Warhead (QCB + P)
-   - Sure You Cane (Forward, Down, DF + P)
-   - Pixie Stick Stunner (HCF + QK)

- Super Attacks
-   - Hypercane 3-Pack (Forward, HCF + HP)
-   - Atomic Fireball (QCF, QCF + P)
-   - Twizzler Downpour (QCB, QCB + HK)

> Link - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.1.1).zip
= = = = = = = = = =
Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn
http://creamyg.jdluke.com/
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:17:50 am by Creamy_Goodness
Re: Creamy Goodness - Version 0.1 (beta)
#2  January 29, 2015, 05:20:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
screenshots?
#3  January 29, 2015, 05:28:43 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

@Umezono

"screenshots?"

> There's really no point in showing screenshots of my character yet, since he's currently just a bland and uninteresting stickman. The real sprites will be drawn for Version 1.1, which will be the official release version of Creamy.
= = = = = = = = = =
#4  January 29, 2015, 05:33:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Still, "bland stickman" or not, screenshots need to be provided. It's a "preview" type of thing, otherwise we won't know what we're downloading.
#5  January 29, 2015, 05:53:22 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/
@Zemilia

"Still, "bland stickman" or not, screenshots need to be provided. It's a "preview" type of thing, otherwise we won't know what we're downloading."

> Point taken. Here you go...

= = = = = = = = = =
#6  February 04, 2015, 09:03:03 pm
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> What? 800 thread views and not a single bit of feedback for my character? Don't tell me that I've worked on this thing for about a year and a half on an on and off basis for nothing. I know it's still only a beta character, but come on, you've got to give me something here, good or bad.
= = = = = = = = = =
#7  February 04, 2015, 10:33:40 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
>Meme arrows

Anyway,minor stuff:
His hadouken hyper misses completely if you're standing right next to the opponent.
Same hyper takes forever to charge up making it pretty useless in anything other than training mode.
his 2nd hyper which causes stuff to rain is also pretty useless as it takes forever to start up and the opponent can easily block it,and the chip damage is pretty non-existent.
#8  February 05, 2015, 02:00:35 pm
  • Furry Fighting Game Trash
    • Canada
Weird gameplay style, but playable...

I know it's just beta, but the character feels way too slow in everything he does...
His dashes and jumps takes too long to recover from.
His run is way too dangerous to use unless you use the attack buttons.
His throw has blue clsn boxes which is good for simul mode, but is weird during his punch throw
#9  February 05, 2015, 09:42:42 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Backdash and jump feel extremely stiff and hard to be useful when they have such a lengthy pause beforehand
Jump HK startup is also incredibly long
Jumping and holding forward next to an opponent pressed up against the edge makes you rapidly turn around and jump backwards
Putting the 'Priority' line in your hitdefs is mostly unnecessary because apart from a few special cases that's not how real fighting games work. Reserve it for throw attempts.
Using the givepower attribute also seems unnecessary when Mugen already has a universal mechanic for giving you meter when hit
Hit velocities are tiny, probably because he has nearly no range on his normal attacks
Super weird uneven paustimes
Power charge is useless against anyone with a dash or a projectile
It's very common to give dragon punch style moves a few frames of invulnerability as they start and even a split second after the red CLSN is active
Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:56:36 pm by The 100 Mega Shock!
#10  February 05, 2015, 09:53:31 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

> What? 800 thread views and not a single bit of feedback for my character? Don't tell me that I've worked on this thing for about a year and a half on an on and off basis for nothing. I know it's still only a beta character, but come on, you've got to give me something here, good or bad.
we have tons of guests and members so viewcounts inflate quickly. this does  not guarantee feedback. try not o bump your topic so soon, it can hurt other threads
#11  February 07, 2015, 04:33:08 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> Well first off, thanks for all of your feedback. I wasn't even aware of most of the stuff you guys pointed out until I read your posts. Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on my character again until after I return from vacation near the end of the month. OK, let's get to the feedback...

@Erroratu

"His hadouken hyper misses completely if you're standing right next to the opponent."

> Never noticed that before. I suppose I could fix that by putting red hitboxes on the fireball while it's still in Creamy's hands so that opponents that are up against Creamy are pushed back and put in front of the fireball, allowing the fireball to score a successful hit.

"Same hyper takes forever to charge up making it pretty useless in anything other than training mode."

> The purpose of the Level 2 Atomic Fireball is to cause as much damage as my personal damage system will allow. Attacks that take time to charge up will do extra damage depending on how long the charging takes to complete. Currently, attacks that charge for 30 to 59 ticks do an extra quarter again base damage, attacks that charge for 60 to 119 ticks do an extra half again base damage, and attacks that charge for 120+ ticks (two seconds or more) do double base damage. Level 2 super projectiles inflict between 160 to 220 base damage, and the Level 2 Atomic Fireball's three second charge time doubles its damage, which is why the attack deals 400 damage points. Three seconds is a pretty long charge time, but I set it up that way because the Level 1 Atomic Fireball takes one and a half seconds to charge and does 150 damage, and I wanted the Level 2 version to take twice as long to charge.

> However, you do make a good point about the attack taking too long to charge to be of any use in a serious fight. So I've decided to change the damage system in order to reduce the charge time of half again damage dealing attacks from between one to two seconds to between one to one and a half seconds, and double damage dealing attacks from two or more seconds to one and a half or more seconds. This change allows me to shorten the Level 1 Atomic Fireball's charge time to just shy of one second, and the Level 2 Atomic Fireball's charge time to two seconds. Hopefully, these changes will make the Atomic Fireball more useful in combat.

"his 2nd hyper which causes stuff to rain is also pretty useless as it takes forever to start up and the opponent can easily block it,and the chip damage is pretty non-existent."

> The Twizzler downpour is supposed to be easy to defend against in order to offset Creamy's advantage of becoming completely invulnerable during the attack. When fighting against an AI opponent, this is not even an issue, since the opponent will usually fail to block it anyway.

@McDucky Potatoes

"His dashes and jumps takes too long to recover from."

> The recovery time is supposed to add an element of vulnerability to the jumps, as it would in reality. However, considering that Creamy is a silly and cartoonish character with superhuman powers, there is a possibility that I could compromise reality further and shave a few ticks off of his landing frames.

"His run is way too dangerous to use unless you use the attack buttons."

> Running is supposed to be risky for Creamy, which is why his running attacks deal more damage than his standing attacks. In addition, Creamy's running QP attack will be the start of a 10-hit combo that can deal over 300 points of damage.

@The 100 Mega Shock!

"Backdash and jump feel extremely stiff and hard to be useful when they have such a lengthy pause beforehand"

"Jump HK startup is also incredibly long"

> I suppose I could shave a few ticks off of these animations, especially in the case of the back spin kick.

"Jumping and holding forward next to an opponent pressed up against the edge makes you rapidly turn around and jump backwards"

> Hmm. I never noticed that before. I'll definitely check it out after I get back to Jersey.

"Putting the 'Priority' line in your hitdefs is mostly unnecessary because apart from a few special cases that's not how real fighting games work. Reserve it for throw attempts."

> Here's a point I'll have to disagree with you on. Hard attacks are supposed to have a higher priority than quick attacks. Also, anti-air attacks are supposed to have a very high priority in order to almost always beat air attacks.

"Using the givepower attribute also seems unnecessary when Mugen already has a universal mechanic for giving you meter when hit"

> Not really. Characters of mine with no power charge technique will gain energy twice as fast as the ones that do have one.

"Hit velocities are tiny, probably because he has nearly no range on his normal attacks"

> The range issue is most likely going to be dealt with in the first release version of Creamy (v1.1), since I plan to update the drawing style of my MUGEN characters to give them longer attack ranges.

"Super weird uneven paustimes"

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean the super pauses on the super attacks or the pause times on the hitdefs? Also, what makes them "super weird" and "uneven"?

"Power charge is useless against anyone with a dash or a projectile"

> Most of my characters will use one of three charge types; Steady, Accelerating, or Burst. Creamy uses the Burst charge, which leaves him helpless for two seconds, gives him a full stock of energy, and then takes one second to wind down. Of the three charge types, Burst is the fastest way to gain a single level. However, if the wind-up time is too long to make the charge useful, I'll consider making it faster.

> Charge times of all three charge types...

| 1 sec.     | 2 seconds | 3 seconds | 4 seconds | 5 seconds | 6 seconds | 7 seconds | 8 seconds
Steady           | 300        | 600           | 900          | 1200         | 1500         | 1800         | 2100        | 2400       
Accelerating | 200         | 600          | 1400         | 3000         | 3000        | 3000         | 3000         | 3000     
Burst             | 0            | 1000         | 1000         | 1000         | 2000        | 2000         | 2000        | 3000

@Umezono

"we have tons of guests and members so viewcounts inflate quickly. this does  not guarantee feedback. try not o bump your topic so soon, it can hurt other threads"

> I apologise for bumping the thread so soon, but I kind of panicked when I saw the thread approaching the bottom of the first page, and I was afraid that all the work I put into my character would go unnoticed. Next time, I'll wait until one of my unanswered threads reaches the second page before bumping it.

> Thanks again for all of your feedback. I don't know when I'll release the next beta version of Creamy, but I'll try to make it worth the wait.
= = = = = = = = = =
Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:42:58 am by Creamy_Goodness
#12  February 26, 2015, 02:36:40 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

What were you planning on making him look like?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#13  February 28, 2015, 08:51:55 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
Stickman?.....I LOVE THIS ONE!! No one make much stickman, really I have this in my roster mi amigo!!!

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#14  February 28, 2015, 10:46:11 pm
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

@Odb718

"What were you planning on making him look like?"

> He's basically going to look like a cartoon version of me, and will be seen in one of four outfits depending on which version you're using. Here are some pics of myself...

> This is generally the cartoon style I plan to use to draw Creamy, except the limbs will be longer and hands and feet will be slightly larger in order to increase his reach...

> Creamy's four planned outfits...

- Primary - Casual (T-shirt, long pants, sneakers, medium-length hair in ponytail with scrunchie)

- Secondary - Hoodie (Hoodie with pixelated 1-UP mushroom on front, sweatpants, sneakers)

- Victory - Mr. Mint (striped shirt, high waisted pants with suspenders and starlight mint buttons, striped forwards baseball cap, clown nose, striped scarf, gloves, thick striped fold over socks, sneakers)

- Secret - Willy Wonka (Shirt with flowers, long sleeved coat, long pants, tall top hat, long hair with no scrunchie, dress shoes)
= = = = = = = = = =
#15  March 27, 2015, 05:28:44 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> Alright, just a quick update. I've made a few minor modifications that should make Creamy a little more playable. Here's a detailed list of said changes...

Version 0.1.2 updates...
- Added HitDefs to both versions of the Atomic Fireball (3200) and (3300) to push point blank opponents backward so that the projectile no longer misses them (3/21/2015)
- Sped up quick Atomic Fireball (3200) animation by reducing the number of ticks in the fifth frame from 50 to 10, so that Creamy takes only 55 ticks to charge the attack instead of 95 (3/21/2015)
- Sped up hard Atomic Fireball (3300) animation by reducing the number of ticks in the seventh frame from 80 to 20, so that Creamy takes only 125 ticks to charge the attack instead of 185 (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of Hop Backward (Start & Air) (105) so that it only takes 6 ticks to start moving backward instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased recovery time of Hop Backward (Land) (106) so that it only takes 6 ticks to return to the Stance instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of Jump (Start & Air) (40) so that it only takes 6 ticks to start rising instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased recovery time of Jump (Land) (47) so that it only takes 6 ticks to return to the Stance instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of Back spin kick (224) so that it only takes 13 ticks to wind up instead of 17, and decreased post-attack time from 11 ticks to 7. (3/22/2015)

> The updated version of Creamy - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.1.2).zip
= = = = = = = = = =
Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:53:04 am by Creamy_Goodness
#16  August 02, 2015, 05:44:45 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> It's been several months since the last update of my Creamy Goodness beta character, but Version 0.1.3 is finally ready for release. This time around, I'm proud to present the first of Creamy's attack combos...

Version 0.1.3 updates...
- Added QP short combo (3 hit combo: QP, QP, HP) (4/3/2015)
- Added QP medium combo (6 hit combo: QP, HP, HP, QP, HP,  Forward, Down, DF + {QP or BP}) (7/27/2015)

> The updated version of Creamy - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.1.3).zip
= = = = = = = = = =
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:23:15 am by Creamy_Goodness
#17  February 28, 2017, 05:23:49 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> Sorry for resurrecting a super old topic, but I've got another update for my Creamy Goodness beta character. Version 0.1.4 comes with a new combo, plus some minor bug fixes as well. As is the case with every update, here's the official list of changes...

Version 0.1.4 updates...
- Added QK short combo (5 hit combo: QK, QP, QP, QP, HP) (2/20/2017)
- Added blue hit boxes to attacking hands of some previously completed combo attacks (2/20/2017)
- Deleted hit boxes around attacking hand of first frame of Standing quick jab (200), so that it takes 4 ticks to hit instead of 1. (2/20/2017)
- Changed PauseTime of Standing quick jab (200), from 10, 5 to 10, 7. (2/20/2017)

> The updated version of Creamy - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.1.4).zip
= = = = = = = = = =
#18  March 13, 2017, 08:56:32 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
These animations are so fluid, dude. The gameplay, feels like it's unfair to judge the character by it.
It sorta feels like a platform game character. Good work so far.

PS. Any animation projects I could check out? Looks like you've got some talent hidden somewhere :)
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#19  March 19, 2017, 08:31:22 pm
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

@GDPenguin

“PS. Any animation projects I could check out? Looks like you've got some talent hidden somewhere :)

> Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I don't really have too much in the way of animation projects, but I have been working on a multitude of projects on an on and off basis for over a decade. Since we're on the subject of MUGEN, there is another character I've been working prior to Creamy Goodness. The character is known as Brandy Oteigh, my judoka elf, and she's been on hold for several years. Perhaps I'll start working on her again after I officialy release Creamy, but that remains to be seen.

> Brandy Oteigh's official project page...

http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Games/MUGEN/Characters_-_Brandy_Oteigh.html

> Brandy's field tests and the first two parts of a three part series that I call The Making Of Brandy...

http://creamyg.jdluke.com/CGF/VG_Projects/MUGEN(fs).html

> Besides MUGEN, I've also done some work on Quake 2 add-ons. My latetst project was making a plugin player model (PPM) of my pretty nephew Austin's online persona called Austavin. Here is Austavin's offical project page...

http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Games/Quake2/PPMs_-_Austavin.html

> A short promotional video of Austavin's PPM...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x44b2i9_quake-2-austavin-promo_videogames

> Stepping away from video game based projects, I've put together some animated shorts, which are similar to the AMVs which are popular on YouTube...

http://creamyg.jdluke.com/CGF/Animated_Shorts/CGF_-_Animated_Shorts%28fs%29.html

> And finally, a short music video to celebrate 100 videos on Creamy Goodness Films...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19eu9p_hundred_music

> Enjoy. :)
= = = = = = = = = =
#20  September 02, 2018, 05:49:32 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> After yet another long ass break from this thread, I present to you Version 0.1.5 of my Creamy Goodness MUGEN character. This version has a new 11 hit combo that begins with his running Quick Punch attack, and ends with his Hypercane 3-Pack super attack. The combo can be tricky to pull off, and requires one energy stock to finish, but it inflicts up to 460 points of damage on the opponent, which is nearly half of a normal character's full health. Enjoy.

Version 0.1.5 updates...
- Replaced and added blue hit boxes to first frame of Sure You Cane - QP - CT from 256. (358) (6/19/2018)
- Replaced missing second frame of Sure You Cane - QP - CT from 256. (358) (6/19/2018)
- Replaced missing third frame of Sure You Cane - EX - CT from 256. (428) (6/19/2018)
- Reduced ground.velocity of high straight end candy cane thrust (241) from -10 to -6 to make it easier to combo into standing candy cane backswing. (261) (6/25/2018)
- Reduced ground.slidetime of high straight end candy cane thrust (241) from 10 to 6 to make it easier to combo into standing candy cane backswing. (261) (6/25/2018)
- Deleted hit boxes around attacking foot of first frame of quick ground kick (215), so that it takes 4 ticks to hit instead of 1. (6/25/2017)
- Hypercane 3-Pack (3100) is now performed by entering F, HCF + QP instead of HCF + HP. (6/26/2017)
- Removed diagonal joystick motions of Hypercane 3-Pack (3100) in order to make it easier to perform. (6/26/2017)
- Removed diagonal joystick motions of Pixie Stick Stunner (370) in order to make it easier to perform. (6/26/2017)
- Added Running[QP] long combo. (11 hit combo: Running[QP], QP, HP, QP, HP, HP, QK, HP, Forward, HCF + QP) (6/26/2018)

> The updated version of Creamy - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.1.5).zip
= = = = = = = = = =