YesNoOk

Makeact problem  (Read 1136 times)

Started by *Ken_Masters*, March 07, 2009, 02:51:30 am
Share this topic:
Makeact problem
#1  March 07, 2009, 02:51:30 am
Ok I am relativly new creating pallets using Makeact and i seem to have a problem when making a pallet for kong's inuyasha sprites.

I have transfered them to 256 color Pcx sprites using infraview, but then when i use the makeact code
it says the the sprites contain more the 256 colors and the pallet is not generated.

Here is the code i use for making the pallet
PCXCLN is the folder that contains the makeact exe

Code:
echooff
cls

\PCXCLN\makeact -s -c:ff00ff *.pcx c:\PCXCLN\Inuyasha.act

echo on

Is there something wrong with those sprites?, becuase i can generate pallets for MvC2 characters and others but not inuyasha ones
Or am i missing out on something?

Re: Makeact problem
#2  March 07, 2009, 12:28:28 pm
    • Thailand
I'm not familiar with the makeact program, have you tried something ike photoshop or paintshop pro, or in this case fighterfactory itself? if you just want a palette and you're not editing palettes, iI think it' safe to say that you can use fighter factory to make your palette. It's not recommended more than the other two i mentioned though.
#3  March 07, 2009, 12:39:52 pm
Well i tried making the pallet in fighter factory but how would i apply the pallet to all 1018 sprites

I tried pcxclean but like makeact it didnt seem to work. 
#4  March 07, 2009, 12:43:44 pm
    • Thailand
Fighter Factory has a batch apply-palette function, go to the palette interface:

1. load your palette in the left palette box.

2. On the left of the interface, it has a white box with "add" and "remove" under it, go to "add" and then insert all of the sprites you want to have the palette's that you loaded, palette.

3. Then click "apply palette to images" which is under than white box on the left, save them to your selected folder ad you're done.

That's one of the fastest ways to apply palettes from my knowledge; Fighter Factory is good in this case.
#5  March 07, 2009, 12:50:41 pm
Wow i had no idea fighter factory had this thanks rajaa  :)