YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 933840 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#601  October 24, 2020, 07:14:48 pm
Hmm.

I'm pretty sure I remember the universal card was already mentioned in the rumors just before the new system came out. So they didn't actually make any change, they only finished what they'd already planned before. Eh, anyway it's still a way to force us to expand our inventory size.

I don't want them to revert to the previous card system, fuck RNG. I just want regular cards to be worth something again. If I roll a 6* card, but I already have 3 complete sets of it, it still has absolutely zero value to me, and I just leave it in my inbox until it disappears a month later. It only makes it frustrating to roll a 6* that you don't want and not the one you need.
All they have to do is allow us again to use cards for both EXP and skill up. Just with a fixed amount of EXP, no RNG - and still make the skill EXP a lot bigger if you feed it to an identical card, make it worth my time to roll multiple copies of a rare card.
It's not that fucking hard. How do you even get the idea to REMOVE something like that from the previous system. Why do these people still have a job when they think this dumb shit is a good idea.

On the guild raid... Well, if it makes guilds any useful, why not. Just no live co-op of course, simply throw us a mission and you can participate and help reduce the boss HP when you want or can, and at the end of the raid, if enough people participated, your guild gets nice rewards. Right now, guilds and friends are completely pointless.

And why do they not want to add a sorting system to the inbox, I'll never figure that out.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:19:41 pm by Byakko
#602  October 26, 2020, 04:56:44 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

With the anniversary arriving soon, new units have been announced.  Next seasonal FES revealed to be Halloween Alice.

The other FES revealed next is Chris who will finally don a Halloween attire to go along with the rest of New Face team and is a Purple Unit.  It's worth pointing out that Chris has his own 6* SP and Option cards, yet it's unsure if Halloween Chris counts as regular or Orochi form.
#603  October 26, 2020, 05:57:04 pm
It's regular Chris. At least he's better than 98 Chris by default.

Alice

Full stream, with a go at the Rugal guild raid (it's not live co-op, thank fuck)

Uh, when they're rolling at the end of the stream, they notice that Halloween Chris is not in the pickup selection, looks like he can't be rolled.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:24:23 pm by Byakko
#604  October 28, 2020, 12:42:16 am
NA Stream is over and codes are out for a limited time.

THANKYOUCONTENDERS20   200 Rubies

HALLOWEENRICHES   1,000,000 Gold

ZOMBIEROADRAGE   200 Rubies

DESTROYALLZOMBIES   500 Rubies

1000SKELETONS   500 Rubies

TRICKORRUBIES   500 Rubies

HALLOWEEN2020FUN   500 Rubies

2000GATECRASHERS   500 Rubies

THECHERRYONTOP   100 Rubies

HALLOWEENCAPSULES   Plus Capsules

HALLOWEENBOXES 10x item summons

#605  October 28, 2020, 12:51:43 am
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:58:44 am by Byakko
#606  October 28, 2020, 01:03:12 am
And Halloween Chris is free if you are lucky with soul gain in roulette much like Elizabeth.  Nice.
#607  October 28, 2020, 01:28:42 am
Uh, Chris is on a roulette ? IDGI, the wonderland roulette ends this week, will we have a week without roulette ?
And Mr Karate wasn't on the pickup pool in the Korean stream, I wonder if that was a goof up.
#608  October 28, 2020, 05:36:15 am
Yep, no roulette for this week until the next.  Halloween Xiangfei super mission as well as extra missions featuring Alice and Chris as the focus.

Not surprising that the NA stream leaked something in advance yet again much like Saiki and Bunny Fem-Chang although this one was actually for a mini event.  Karate XIII will be fun no doubt.
Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:16:09 pm by Kirishima
#609  October 29, 2020, 03:38:57 pm
New update is out and it gives you a special card for Gold gain!

First impressions involving the improved combine card feature.  It has a lot more use now that it always churns out a 5* skill XP card.  However, 5* dupe cards STILL have no purpose outside of coin filler.  I am certain at some point there will likely be a 5* combine feature that will give you 6* stuff.

The new card dungeons now give XP and Skill XP cards per round with slughtly more at higher levels.  That's nice.

Core memories at the exchange shop got shifted to those that are polular meta.  Goenitz, Nameless, Ms. Big.  AS units now reduced to 2 as well as costs 1000 coins.

Guild shops got heavily adjusted so now awakened XP capsules are sold including Plus Capsules.
#610  October 29, 2020, 04:29:52 pm
Core memories at the exchange shop got shifted to those that are polular meta.  Goenitz, Nameless, Ms. Big.
The hall of memories shop from the elemental boss you mean ? Seems like it's random for everyone. I have Igniz, Kyo 13, O Zero, Iori 13 and I forget who else.
Mr Karate didn't come out but his skill icons were datamined, so probably next week with Chris.
#611  November 06, 2020, 04:39:35 am
Halloween Chris is now live and for 2 weeks you can nab his souls via Roulette and craft him for free.  This guy is worth getting for his leader skill that benefits Purple class by increasing attack and power charge rate.  He's useful for Nameless and Orochi as well as collabs like Genjuro, Heihachi, and John Cena.

Additionally new set cards got released.

•Kula's exclusive 6* Cards that can also work with Idol Kula, the best Kula out of the rest.
•New Halloween set cards that greatly increases Gold gain for farming.
•A new Chibi Orochi card that increases Burn and Darkness damage.  This is handy for Omega Rugal guild raids that are going on now.

No Mr. Karate for the time being.  Maybe in a week or two.
#612  November 10, 2020, 11:24:38 am
The official forum put up a survey asking us which FES character needs a rework.
'97 Orochi Leona
'97 Orochi Yashiro
'97 Orochi Chris
'97 Orochi
2000 Zero (Clone)
2001 Zero (Original)
2001 Igniz
2003 Ash
2003 Mukai
2003 Terry Bogard
XIII NESTS Style Kyo
Also asking who we want to see as FES.
I see Orochi Shermie is the only Orochi they think is okay. Sure she can stunlock for ever, but she still takes forever to do any damage. Why don't you make OShermie a balance (but keep the same damage) and OChris an attack, that'll be a start.
NESTS Kyo doesn't need anything if we get a 03/XI black jacket FES Kyo (and I hope Mr Karate will be a great red to rival Geese, no need to make Kyo XIII a strong red), Ash and Terry are fine, just boring, Igniz doesn't need anything. The Orochis need another overhaul (especially Orochi since we won't get another version of him), and I'd say OZero needs some major fixes (he's slow, he just won't turn around when you try to chain multiple skills, summon Krizalid too close to a wall and it'll completely whiff...)
I just want a FES Mature XIII that's a clone of the XII (design and skills) but with Sacrilege instead of the grab, and good cores. Also someone like a good King with Silent Flash or Robert with Hien Senpuu Juudan Kyaku.
Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:35:58 am by Byakko
#613  November 10, 2020, 01:53:05 pm
OROCHI YASHIRO

Good god, this guy is the epitome of outdated.  His whole gimmick is having no gimmicks that trigger enemy cores in PvP but as a drawback he dies to everything because he lacks everything.  I'll be amazed on what they can do to get him into today's meta because he desperately needs it.

Orochi Leona as well.  She has some cool stuff like being one of the few units with very low cooldowns on her skills but is underwelheming in general and outclassed by much better Blue units including Leona XII.  Both O.Yashiro and O.Leona need serious improvements to get better Blue choices.

Original Zero also would be my choice to get a rework no thanks to Zeroko being a much better option.  Yea this is why Blue units are rated the lowest class from the anniversary stream survey.

As of this time, Orochi seems to be leading the polls by an overwhelming lead and why do I feel it has something to do with him being a freebie at one point.

Also asking who we want to see as FES.
Pretty sure King or Mai will be winning but I would love to see Andy Bogard, Kasumi, or Shingo to make use of their exclusive Option and SP Cards. 
Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:49:24 pm by Kirishima
#614  November 10, 2020, 02:05:15 pm
I lost hope for Andy when they made the ninja outfit gold with no bleed. FES Andy should just be 98 Andy but FES. Maybe reorganize his specials (ditch the Kuuhadan, put an EX Zan'eiken followed by the flip kick... Who the fuck needs anti-air moves in a game where you can't jump)
Kasumi 99 has been part of those datamined stuff for ever, you know she'll be gold with the same 3 shit moves. They have good moves for her, they created a nice one for her Christmas version, but you know they'll never use it again...

Yeah, I forgot about Mai. I'll assume O Yashiro and Mai win those polls (Orochi deserves to win but Yashiro has been a meme for too long). ... actually I don't even know what they could do with Yashiro, his problems is that he has nothing but grabs, that's exclusively good for PvP and nothing else. What would they even fix ?

Oh shit, the official Facebook page is teasing Mr. Karate, finally. I was already expecting to wait yet another week.
Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:33:21 am by Byakko
#615  November 12, 2020, 03:10:03 pm

Mr. Karate is out now along with his 3PG and 5PG SP Cards!  What's interesting this time is now there is a $99 package that not only grants you him but various Souls, Memories, and Plus Capsules to level him up to Awakening Lv. 30+.  Not recommended unless you don't have any good red units, in dire need of a decent unit for Arena and League, or want something for Dungeons.

Along with this update, World Drop has returned as well as a Bingo Card that rewards Unpair Imprint Stones that are hard to find in the base game and a Dice Event.

What would they even fix ?
For PVP, the issue is that he is too vanilla.  While he has Def -> Att conversion on one of his skills, Armor on Guard, and Regen HP on hit, he lacks most meta stuff to keep up against everyone else like DoT, damage immunity, status immunity, status inflection, etc.  He doesn't hit hard, he needs to get hit to function well, he's lost in the shuffle.  He needs a core overhaul to be better if anything.  If he had something like grabs that bypass Hyper Armor like WWE units, maybe he'll be worth something because at the moment the only thing he's worth are his memories used to craft purple dimension tickets to level up FES collabs.
Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:27:09 pm by Kirishima
#616  November 20, 2020, 04:28:48 am
#617  November 20, 2020, 08:15:54 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
https://mobile.twitter.com/playkofallstar/status/1329605520315928576

New teaser of upcoming units.  Description hints it might be a new collab coming soon.

Seems it's been inadvertently leaked by the Japanese AllStar Twitter account before they put up the teaser image to cover it up.

It's a Netmarble collab from Seven Knights. Seems the mobile game is a gatcha nightmare, but there was an RPG on the Switch?  Might just be me, but I would have liked more characters from the SNK universe, but hey...
#618  November 20, 2020, 11:16:14 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks good !
BTW, Any idea where you can access all the characters protraits ?
#619  November 20, 2020, 01:24:26 pm
It's a Netmarble collab from Seven Knights.
At first I wondered how that is gonna work but then I realized not too long ago we had Dwayne Johnson offering a divine entity a role in his upcoming action flick after somehow besting him in a fight.

The Switch edition is also made by Netmarble so I can see the collab progress being made easy to get around.  Still would rather have something like Blazblue as that has had interactions with KoF characters in past crossover games.

I just realized we are gonna wait even longer for Omega Rugal '95 ugh.

Looks good !
https://thekingoffightersallstar.fandom.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_All_Star_Wiki

Only for those released.  There are some datamined but release elsewhere.
Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:02:46 pm by Kirishima
#620  November 20, 2020, 07:51:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
It's a Netmarble collab from Seven Knights.
At first I wondered how that is gonna work but then I realized not too long ago we had Dwayne Johnson offering a divine entity a role in his upcoming action flick after somehow besting him in a fight.

The Switch edition is also made by Netmarble so I can see the collab progress being made easy to get around.  Still would rather have something like Blazblue as that has had interactions with KoF characters in past crossover games.

I just realized we are gonna wait even longer for Omega Rugal '95 ugh.

Looks good !
https://thekingoffightersallstar.fandom.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_All_Star_Wiki

Only for those released.  There are some datamined but release elsewhere.

Thanks for the link, buddy!
Good ressource!

Now I also have hopes for the animated protraits (I'm not even sure it's in this particular game...)