YesNoOk

Black Widow Edit for 1.0 (updated - 9-11-21) (Read 20682 times)

Started by Swanky, February 02, 2021, 10:07:58 pm
Share this topic:
Black Widow Edit for 1.0 (updated - 9-11-21)
#1  February 02, 2021, 10:07:58 pm
Black Widow
Arkady, NIco & Hyper
edited by Himegami
Palettes by AlanHoult & Yolomate

additional AI code by MystikBlaze
Hyper Combo Finish BG by Winane
edits by Swanky

Download Black Widow

There are many versions and revisions out there for Black Widow. I kinda wanted to complete the (movie) Avengers roster in my game but none of the versions / edits I found for her felt fully satisfying. After doing the first pass on Captain Marvel I wondered how I could touch up Black Widow's gameplay a bit.
TL:DR She can now wallbounce twice. To that I added some of the staple MvC ish things like Countermoves.

List of Changes:
- major pass on her gameplay. Black Widow can now wall bounce an enemy twice.
   - sHK and sHP follow up can both wall bounces, as well as QCF HK
   - changed around a good bit of AvX bounce code to make this possible
- cWK can now OTG but increased cost to 2 juggle points. Overall juggle points of 15 remain unchanged.
- changed around a few ground and air.hittimes
- can now push block (again?)
- can now counter
- Hyper Combo Finish BG
- deactivated Sniper Hyper for AI. Doesn't do anything useful with it.
- disabled her charged shot. Didn't do anything for her gameplay. Can of course be re-enabled if you so choose.
- shortened liedown time
- optional portraits by Shulbocka

update 1.1
- updated hittimes on basics, should be more consistent for comboing
- gave sHP very slightly more vel to make hits and follow up more consistent
- QCF k is slightly easier to hit, also bumped priority to 6 from 5. Revamped spinkick hitboxes. Can now hit bosstype characters
- QCF KK deals more damage and has negative vel so it "sucks" enemies in to prevent them from accidentally escaping the chain
- shortened liedown time considerably (from 120 -> 30)

Moveset
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

General gameplay is unchanged from Himegami's update. She's a light, yet very fast fighter. Also, she is more strictly ground based and doesn't combo well in the air. The details however are a bit different since you can now wallbounce an opponent twice and scoop them up from the ground with Deadly Legs Heavy or cWK. It's less effective against opponents that have a short lie down time or use recoveries of any kind, but it also gives her some more unique tools to deal with the opposition. For those who are not back on their feet quick it's a nasty surprise.
You can still easily finish off your combo chains with either Heavy Artillery or Widow's Dance, the latter coming out lightning quick since Himegami's update.

My other releases

MOAR Screenshots

€ updated Download link to moddb. File contains all of my full character edit releases so far.
Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:35:59 pm by Swanky
Re: Black Widow Edit for 1.0
#2  February 02, 2021, 10:36:58 pm
    • USA
Wrong Link, use put Magneto's on both threds
#3  February 02, 2021, 10:46:01 pm
Thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed.
#4  February 03, 2021, 04:25:05 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I appreciate you giving me credit for the alt portraits in some of your recent releases, but I checked through all the sprites of each character and I didn't see any portraits that were made by me, except Magneto's and that one is ancient.
As for Black Widow, she feels much better now and performing combos with her now doesn't feel forced like it did to me in the past. She kind of feels like a mix of MvC, MKX, and DBFZ with the added wall bouncing and OTG, which I think is awesome. I haven't ran into any bugs yet either which is a plus. As far as I can tell, great work and great improvement. I'm loving these edits you're releasing lately
Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:07:04 pm by Toxic Masculinity
#5  February 03, 2021, 10:23:08 am
Hey, thanks for the praise. If it wasn't you, then I don't know who is responsible for the portraits, though. I'm going to have a look through your files and may or may not use them in the future (given full credit, of course). For now, I'll keep the credit listed as is. Should someone have a reasonable claim, I'm going to update the files.
#6  February 04, 2021, 05:37:35 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
The praise is well deserved, you're doing awesome work with all the edits.
Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:06:47 pm by Toxic Masculinity
#7  September 11, 2021, 02:31:38 pm
I've updated Black Widow, link in first post

update 1.1
- QCF k is slightly easier to hit, also bumped priority to 6 from 5. Revamped spinkick hitboxes. Can now hit bosstype characters
- QCF KK deals more damage and has negative vel so it "sucks" enemies in to prevent them from accidentally escaping the chain
Re: Black Widow Edit for 1.0 (updated - 9-11-21)
#8  September 12, 2021, 09:05:12 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
I've updated Black Widow, link in first post

update 1.1

Is there a separate download link just for Widow? The link on the site is for every character together.
Re: Black Widow Edit for 1.0 (updated - 9-11-21)
#9  September 12, 2021, 02:27:09 pm
I don't plan on having separate links for this at this time.