YesNoOk

ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (4/5/2017) (Read 68337 times)

Started by ShinSmoke, February 03, 2017, 06:41:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (2/28/2017)
#41  March 17, 2017, 12:12:14 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
Hey folks my PotS Ryu edit has been updated once more & hopefully it's the final update release.

3/16/17 Update:
1. Hanagashi now uses source command. Command is F + c + z.
2. Tweaked the Hanagashi move. Still doesn't parry projectiles though & I have no intentions of adding that either. Coding that is very frustrating!
3. Tweaked the AI.

Redownload please. :)
Re: ShinSmoke's PotS Ryu Edit Updated (3/16/2017)
#42  March 17, 2017, 02:34:18 am
    • Poland
Wow it might be definitive P.o.T.S Ryu (there is so many versions of him). Little suggestion. Have you ever thought about giving him transformation from Normal Ryu to Evil Ryu in middle of battle like Mr Ansatsuken did . It would be cool I think and with 1.0 yu can change colors after transformation etc. MvC had this kind of thing and it worked great so why not ? It would be great to switch back & forth between different movesets. 
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#43  March 17, 2017, 12:31:39 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
From the first post...
Normal mode Ryu can now change into his Evil mode during the match. However you can't change back into his Normal mode until the round is over. Note: This feature is only available to color palettes 4, 5, or 6.
...and yes, he changes into a "Evil" palette.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Dunno if you have read the edit of my post...

Just found out...

- Normal Ryu Shinkuu Hadou Ken & Evil Ryus version both miss p2 up close and in the corner of the stage...

Nice tweaking of the Hanagashi. Totally missed the three hit Tesshin on my research. Good.

- Tesshin up close has misaligned hit sparks
Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:45:04 pm by Staubhold
#44  March 17, 2017, 05:07:26 pm
    • USA
Wait.....what?! Shinkuu Hadouken misses p2 up close & the corner of the stage? Never seen that glitch happen in my mugen so far. I never messed around with the shinkuu hadouken code let alone his hit box for the move when I worked on this edit. I'll investigate that alright.

Never noticed the misaligned hitsparks for the Tesshin when it hits p2 up close. Alright I'll fix it over the weekend.
#45  March 17, 2017, 05:45:45 pm
    • Germany
It depends on the width of p2...

Tested againts plain KFM.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

On the other hand, Denjin Hadou Ken will hit under the same circumstances. I even rearranged the command to not step back while doing the Denjin.
#46  March 17, 2017, 06:59:53 pm
    • USA
It depends on the width of p2...

Tested againts plain KFM.

On the other hand, Denjin Hadou Ken will hit under the same circumstances. I even rearranged the command to not step back while doing the Denjin.

Hmmmmm must be his hit box for his super projectiles. Does this happen for his normal & ex hadoukens as well?
#47  March 17, 2017, 07:15:33 pm
    • Germany
Short answer: no.
#48  March 17, 2017, 07:28:32 pm
    • USA
Oh about the misaligned hitsparks for his Tesshin when it hits p2 up close well I can't fix that problem cause there's no issue with it. The hitsparks is still on his arm anyway. Look at his hit sparks for his Kyuubi Kudaki (F + z) when it hits p2 up close. Hit sparks becomes misaligned due to the hit box for the attack.
#49  March 19, 2017, 07:50:42 pm
    • Germany
Some bug I found.

While in Excel/Custom Combo (c+z) you should only be able to perform an EX special or a LV1 Super at the end of the EC/CC when Ryu is flashing faster... and it will end EC/CC.

Ruy can do the Hanagashi into Tesshin & Isshin any time while in EC/CC. It will not end the EC/CC ... and every move after the Tesshin or Isshin has the yellow afterimages as if they are EX moves while the EC/CC is still on.

IMO handle the Tesshin & Isshin like a normal EX move while in Excel/Custom Combo. Just the Hangashi parry should work, but not build meter after a successful parry.
#50  March 19, 2017, 08:49:37 pm
    • USA
Some bug I found.

While in Excel/Custom Combo (c+z) you should only be able to perform an EX special or a LV1 Super at the end of the EC/CC when Ryu is flashing faster... and it will end EC/CC.

Ruy can do the Hanagashi into Tesshin & Isshin any time while in EC/CC. It will not end the EC/CC ... and every move after the Tesshin or Isshin has the yellow afterimages as if they are EX moves while the EC/CC is still on.

IMO handle the Tesshin & Isshin like a normal EX move while in Excel/Custom Combo. Just the Hangashi parry should work, but not build meter after a successful parry.

Well I'm not big on EC/CC use so I wouldn't have known about this bug but I'll fix it. In the meantime continue testing him. :)
#51  March 19, 2017, 09:19:46 pm
    • Germany
I do.  ;)

Found another bug...

- Shin Messatsu Gou Shouryuu (tested in MUGEN 1.0 against plain KFM & DivineWolfs version). P2 will not hit the ground, float in the air and then switches into the get up animation. You can read the debug messages.
#52  March 19, 2017, 10:25:28 pm
    • USA
I do.  ;)

Found another bug...

- Shin Messatsu Gou Shouryuu (tested in MUGEN 1.0 against plain KFM & DivineWolfs version). P2 will not hit the ground, float in the air and then switches into the get up animation. You can read the debug messages.

Seem to be all against KFM. Other characters don't have this problem though. That bug comes from p2 not having the required animations not the shin messatsu gou shoryu itself.
#53  March 19, 2017, 11:57:04 pm
    • Germany
Hmm... Dunno if you should work something in like "if this required animation is not there, use this/that required animation".

Have a suggestion for a win animation when Ryu uses Satsu No Hadou transformation into Evil Ryu.
Evil Ryu should transform back into Ryu (since he starts the next round as normal Ryu) then add the win by Ryuu Koku Hadou Ken animation-> Ryu falls on his knees, exhausted.
#54  March 20, 2017, 12:24:34 am
    • USA
Hmm... Dunno if you should work something in like "if this required animation is not there, use this/that required animation".

Don't worry I already fixed it. Also Shinkuu Hadouken & Denjin Hadouken no longer misses KFM up close in the corner of the stage.
#55  March 20, 2017, 12:28:45 am
    • USA
Have a suggestion for a win animation when Ryu uses Satsu No Hadou transformation into Evil Ryu.
Evil Ryu should transform back into Ryu (since he starts the next round as normal Ryu) then add the win by Ryuu Koku Hadou Ken animation-> Ryu falls on his knees, exhausted.

What if he finishes his enemy with Shun Goku Satsu? Can't use his Ryuu Koku Hadouken recovery animation then.

#56  March 20, 2017, 12:36:35 am
    • Germany
Maybe he goes into the "back transformation, falls on his knees exhausted" animation after the normal SGS win animation?
Should cut the SGS win a bit short...
#57  March 20, 2017, 02:16:14 am
    • USA
Maybe he goes into the "back transformation, falls on his knees exhausted" animation after the normal SGS win animation?
Should cut the SGS win a bit short...

I would consider it however that would involve color palette configuration & I don't know how to code that. The same coding that Victorys have for his characters is what I'm talking about. When I first thought of the Satsu no hadou transformation I had a hard time making him turn back into normal mode with the correct color palette. If you happen to input the command for his transformation while still in evil mode that is. That issue alone made me lose interest in giving an option to switch between normal & evil modes anytime during a round. The very frustrating stuff in Mugen character coding I avoid.
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:19:20 pm by ShinSmoke
#58  March 20, 2017, 10:53:53 pm
    • Germany
I hope you can find a solution.

IMO a option to change back into normal mode after "Satsu No Hadou" transformation in a fight doesn´t make much sense.

Really small nitpick...

- maybe change the "Satsu No Hadou" command to F, DF, D, DB, B, s instead of the "easy" D, DB, B, s... Would be a nice "throwback" to MvC1 Ryu and his "mode change" supers

#59  March 20, 2017, 11:43:21 pm
    • USA
I hope you can find a solution.

IMO a option to change back into normal mode after "Satsu No Hadou" transformation in a fight doesn´t make much sense.

Really small nitpick...

- maybe change the "Satsu No Hadou" command to F, DF, D, DB, B, s instead of the "easy" D, DB, B, s... Would be a nice "throwback" to MvC1 Ryu and his "mode change" supers

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgUzyAl8_7E[/youtube]

Ummm the original PotS Sakura had that option too you know. If I would've forced Ryu to stay in his Satsu No Hadou transformation after he transforms into it....there will be no point in holding start + any kick button to chose his Satsu No Hadou mode from the character select screen. Are you suggesting that I should have him stay in evil mode once he transforms like how it was done with Infinite's Ryu edit?

Funny that you mentioned about the command change cause I am planning to have that half circle back + start for the Satsu No Hadou transformation. It was already thought of.
#60  March 21, 2017, 12:44:47 am
    • Germany
The way it is now is great. "Satsu No Hadou" transformation as a Super, but next round he should start as normal Ryu.
IMO while in "Satsu No Hadou" Evil mode he should not have another command/super to transform back at will.
That's why I suggested those win animations, to show that he transforms back into normal form...
Sorry if I didn't made myself clear.