Shredder WIP (Read 247016 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#261  March 23, 2012, 11:48:59 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
I would save bebop and rocksteady for future stuff,
He can always add a failsafe to have them replaced in the super with Krang's already sprited stone soldiers if Shred's fighting Bebop and/or Rocksteady.

Or Foot Soldiers. :P

BTW, about spriting B&R, Right now I'm spriting a different character, but nontheless a surpricing one. The shock will literelly leave you headless. :P
#262  March 24, 2012, 02:25:40 am
Dcat...just have them do the collision thing it's the best..because it has Shredder's two favorite goons screwing up in classic Bebop and Rocksteady fashion...and I'm not just supporting it cause I suggested this idea way back  ;P
#263  March 24, 2012, 02:47:34 am
    • Sweden
In any case, the priority for Shredder are his regulair moves and specials, I think assists comes last. :S

Speaking of abilities, I'll try and list them up here:

Ground Flame: Forward Down Forward P... A flame that goes across the floor, kinda like Iori...

Gauntlet Blur: P-P-P... A flurry of punches. Go Atatatatata on your enemies. :P

Aura Crusher: Back "Hold" Forward Punch... He charges forward, dealing a mighty uppercut.

Knee Crusher: Back "Hold" Forward Kick... He does a swift knee kick up in the air...

Aura Shield: Punch + Kick... He creates a small shield that reflects projectiles...

HYPERS:

Super Powerball: Down Forward Punch: A super charged firewaveball thinghy

Thundercrash: Hard Punch + Kick: He get's hit by lightning, creating a massive powerfull shockwave that moves across the floor...

The rest are basically the Arcade moves. :P

#264  March 25, 2012, 01:24:12 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
-Sprited TMNT Arcade game 2 intro with April O'Neil and color separated the turtles cut-scenes.
-Re-Sprited Gauntlet Blur and Dive Kick
-Color separated the Drill Module and added it to the .SFF
He's still missing his sword during some animations so I need to tie up those loose ends before I get into the advanced stuff

Here's another short video with some progress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXB-_r18y0
#265  March 25, 2012, 01:45:39 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Great stuff, liked everything except maybe his idle stance, because no face can be seen from behind his shoulder (only tip of the helmet).
#266  March 25, 2012, 01:58:58 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I think his stances totally MAKES him badass ;)
Great showcase in the video, I'm actually getting pretty excited for him, after seeing him in action!
Your sprite edits are really good, even better then Krang's.

But what is his flurry punch greenish, is it seperate from the palette template?
Keep on going ! :D
#267  March 25, 2012, 02:05:46 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Really nice stuff going on here. We can definitely see your usual touch with this one.
Nice progress.
#268  March 25, 2012, 04:41:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow man. Crazy awesome.

One thing I noticed: His sword animations. Are you going to make it so he is always carrying the sword around, or is it only going to come out during certain attacks??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#269  March 25, 2012, 05:57:15 pm
    • Sweden
You're using my stage! I'm so happy! ^___^

Anyways, I agree that it is a pitty you don't get to see his full face during his regulair stance, otherwise, Great Job! :D
#270  March 25, 2012, 10:02:24 pm
 :sugoi: so cool!  Loving the cartoon voice from the original!  :sugoi:
#271  March 25, 2012, 10:12:00 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
This is progressing at an amazing rate, and nice to hear the voice clips in there. :) I really wish they would bring James Avery back to voice ol' Shredhead
#272  March 25, 2012, 10:26:50 pm
With midnight bliss properties for thoce who do not mutate back to turtles. :P

Perhaps after mutation, they explode back into their regulair form?
Midnight  Bliss and Retromutation are two separate custom states. For those characters that do not have the required sprite and animation numbers in their respective files, they'll mutate into a predetermined default creature using sprites from Shredder's own .SFF file.

Great stuff, liked everything except maybe his idle stance, because no face can be seen from behind his shoulder (only tip of the helmet).
You're using my stage! I'm so happy! ^___^

Anyways, I agree that it is a pitty you don't get to see his full face during his regulair stance, otherwise, Great Job! :D
That's the same stance from the arcade, I'm fine with it to be honest. You'll get plenty of profile view Shredder sprites with all of the edits I'll be doing, trust me. 

But what is his flurry punch greenish, is it seperate from the palette template?
Keep on going ! :D

That's part of his projectile aura, its included in his shared palette (think Bison's pyscho power aura that covers his fist during some attacks). I wanted to make the move an updated version of how it looked on the NES, thanks to Enscripture for ripping Shredder's Tournament Fighters sheet.  I still need to rip the actual sound fx and see if they make for a better fit with it.

One thing I noticed: His sword animations. Are you going to make it so he is always carrying the sword around, or is it only going to come out during certain attacks??
Whether he's using it or not I want him to always carry the sword around. I've been thinking up a few ways for him to stow it while not in use beyond just switching hands, for instance, during Gauntlet Blur he stabs it into the ground to free up both hands.

I'm glad you guys like it.

GIF spam:
-Sprited TMNT Arcade game 2 intro with April O'Neil and color separated the turtles cut-scenes.
-Color separated the Drill Module and added it to the .SFF
--> 

Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:51:52 am by Dcat
#273  March 25, 2012, 10:37:11 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow. Very impressive.

Some general ideas that could play into his sword is some vaulting (think Yoshimitsu), juggling it in between hits or throwing/lobbing of sorts.

This is looking red hot. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:43:19 pm by Saikoro
#274  March 25, 2012, 11:32:34 pm
Good progress on Shredder. Looks amazing.
#275  March 26, 2012, 01:07:53 am
    • Sweden
BTW, speaking in a matter of percentage, how much of Shredder is done? :S
#276  March 26, 2012, 01:47:56 am
I'd have to honestly say... none percentage complete.
#277  March 26, 2012, 02:05:23 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Your fast punch fx needs some work, his arms look shorter while doing it, other than that its looking great.
#278  March 26, 2012, 02:23:44 am
Really?
Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:08:41 am by Dcat
#279  March 26, 2012, 02:42:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its the upper arm fault, it makes the rest look as if they are too short since the fx is all made of forearms, maybe if you moved the fx up and forwards and left a bit of the arm there

Since the fx is all forearms it looks as if some of the arms afterimages are way too short ( those near his face)

this is a very rough and very jpegish example of what im trying to suggest

#280  March 26, 2012, 11:55:42 am
    • Sweden
Actually, I think it looks fine as it is...