YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248585 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#281  March 27, 2012, 05:36:31 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
its the upper arm fault, it makes the rest look as if they are too short since the fx is all made of forearms, maybe if you moved the fx up and forwards and left a bit of the arm there

Since the fx is all forearms it looks as if some of the arms afterimages are way too short ( those near his face)

this is a very rough and very jpegish example of what im trying to suggest

I see what you mean, I've fixed the placement.

EDIT:
-Coded the bare-bones of the Drill Module intro
-Ripped some NES sound effect audio from the Konami games, fits perfectly with his Gauntlet Blur anims
-Re-scaled Shredder again, he's even shorter this time, way closer to the Turtles in height.I think I'll be sticking with these dimensions in the final version.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-New dashing frame, New winpose based off of NES Tournament Fighters.
#282  March 27, 2012, 05:46:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow. That above screenshot looks like I just finished posing my action figures. This is way cool.

One thing to nitpick on: That stance you made of the Shredder, which is featured on your avatar: his head seems a little too high, giving the illusion of an elongated neck while being compared to the rest of his sprites.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#283  March 27, 2012, 06:00:55 pm

One thing to nitpick on: That stance you made of the Shredder, which is featured on your avatar: his head seems a little too high, giving the illusion of an elongated neck while being compared to the rest of his sprites.

I disagree, the sprite is fine in my opinion, head isn't high, Shredder's shoulders just aren't tensed. You made a comparison to his other sprites, its important to note that he's either hunched over or bent in some way in almost every other frame so that's probably where you're getting that impression. Trust me, the neck is far from elongated,its merely more clearly defined and distinguishable due to the negative space more than anything else. I based the pose off of one from the comics:
#284  March 27, 2012, 06:04:55 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Ah, I see where that comes from. Sweet deal. Come to think of it, I never read the comics. Also, a palette based off of that stance would be pretty sweet.

This project already looks amazing. I can't wait to see more!!

Completely random question: are you throwing in a dragon punch style move?? I'm thinking something along the lines of Hayato's MvC2 variant or Cyclops XMvSF variant. Tapping the attack button would warrant further strikes.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#285  March 27, 2012, 08:16:56 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
It's pretty funny how the Turtles began as fear inducing nightmare fuel...

DO YOU FEAR US?

to become...

PIZZA TIME!!

and eventually a badass cool team of heroes in the 2003 series. The original comic, they were nightmare fuel a ton. XD
#286  March 27, 2012, 09:46:17 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
U're right rukifellth, quite some way TMNT series have passed. 2003's was a badass incarnation, and 2007's was ok.
But what's gonna happen with the series soon is gonna destroy the earth. TMNT-aliens by Michael bay. Everyone is frightened
Ontopic: awesome progress Dcat, as always, liked TF winpose and new shredder scaling - it's good he's not that tall now, after all as I remember he was one head taller than turtles. And if I remember correctly Krang was one head or even more taller than Shredder.
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:51:01 pm by DeeDevilbat
#287  March 27, 2012, 10:32:58 pm
    • Sweden
Yeah yeah, the Transformers movies was a major disaster for some fans as well. It won't ruin th franchise. It'll be just one incarnation among many.

I try to not take things to seriously. :P
#288  March 27, 2012, 10:58:46 pm
So that is where that stance came from...I knew, I seen him standing like that before.  Since someone brought up that stance before and was complaining, about the only thing moving was the middle park of his body...if you look at his right foot..you can see a little flicker there also..so :P...just having fun...keep up the great work!
#289  March 27, 2012, 11:04:46 pm
yes thats an old GIF, that flickering artifact is fixed in the sprites of his .SFF
#290  March 28, 2012, 12:58:10 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Awesome, dcat, I could just about watch that NES Tournament Fighters winpose all day!
#291  March 28, 2012, 08:54:55 pm
I coded a new attack based on one of those Steel and Bone techniques from Ninja Gaiden.

Shredder lunges towards the opponent, if he hits, he plunges his sword into their middle then rips it out.
If the opponent blocks the attack Shreder is put into a special penalty state where he's stunned for a bit and the opponent can counter.

Currently this attack is QCB + any punch. I'll do 2 other variations with different animations & moveproperties so that each button strength has variety.
#292  March 28, 2012, 08:59:09 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Whoa!! Killer Dcat!! I can't wait to see it in motion.  :sugoi:

#293  March 28, 2012, 09:25:38 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Ouch, Turtle-balls no more  :( !
#294  March 28, 2012, 09:35:28 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
In the right context....that could be used to describe what Bay is doing to the franchise....

Anyway, good stuff Dcat. This really does look to be promising.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#295  March 28, 2012, 11:10:20 pm
  • Shakespear.
Ohh shredder wip! sweeet. 
#296  March 31, 2012, 12:46:41 am
I coded a new attack based on one of those Steel and Bone techniques from Ninja Gaiden.

Shredder lunges towards the opponent, if he hits, he plunges his sword into their middle then rips it out.
If the opponent blocks the attack Shreder is put into a special penalty state where he's stunned for a bit and the opponent can counter.

Currently this attack is QCB + any punch. I'll do 2 other variations with different animations & moveproperties so that each button strength has variety.

QCB + Light Punch     = Basic
QCB + Medium Punch = Nage Throw variety
QCB + Heavy Punch   = Uppercut Slash variety

Here's the demo video for the attack, which still needs a name by the way. Any suggestions?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBq4gLt_pUo
Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:27:11 am by Dcat
#297  March 31, 2012, 01:24:36 am
    • Sweden
Aw that NES winpose just got even more oldschool, even the chorus is in! XD

Hmmm, name for that move... how about Crotch Chop?... er I mean Trapezoidal Cut?

If you know what trapezoidal meens, then you'll find it very punny. :P

Oh btw, here's my current progress on my spriting work:

So far, only most of the basics are done, she still needs Hurt poses, Back Dash and a Taunt before all her basics are done...

But does anyone recognise her? :P
#298  March 31, 2012, 01:27:44 am
    • USA

Here's the demo video for the attack, which still needs a name by the way. Any suggestions?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBq4gLt_pUo

Ha ha!  I love the orange sword to go with the old school Playmates Toys palette!

As far as a name for it goes, I can't offer many intelligent options.

But how about "Death before Dishonor," as a bit of an homage to Splinter's final taunt from the first movie?
#299  March 31, 2012, 01:32:28 am
    • Sweden
I think "Death before Dishonor" would fit better for a Hyper Combo... it's to cool a name to use for a special move. :(
#300  March 31, 2012, 01:35:17 am
    • USA
I think "Death before Dishonor" would fit better for a Hyper Combo... it's to cool a name to use for a special move. :(

The thought came to me in part because that sword special was sorta a two-phase move: (1) the thrust and (2) the gratuity damage.  Hence, (1) Death, then (2) Dishonor.  But I'm glad you think it's cool enough to warrant A-List status!
Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:52:29 am by oldmanwinters