Shredder WIP (Read 248148 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#501  June 24, 2012, 09:56:24 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Also, Dcat were you planning to give Shredder off-wall jump like he had in Manhattan project?
It could work as a special move with it's own input or it could be something like ninja chars like strider or Hanzo from SamSho have - like jumping back and forward while at the corner.
#502  June 25, 2012, 07:01:40 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Dcat this is gonna be sweet, loved your TMNTs, now waiting on Krang and ol Tin Grin
#503  June 25, 2012, 10:51:30 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#504  June 25, 2012, 09:38:21 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Wow. Those throws look awesome.

Building upon the feign kicks (deception and trickery) and your newly added throws, have you thought of giving Shredder some high/low counter moves like Geese?? That would be a great fit.

Also, feign sword attacks would be pretty sweet. You could do some nasty combo extensions if you coded those just right. Think along the lines of Steve Fox and Bryan Fury and you got the right idea.

I'm not familiar with these characters are there well-coded Mugen conversions that are close enough to what you're describing here that I can use as examples?

Also, Dcat were you planning to give Shredder off-wall jump like he had in Manhattan project?
It could work as a special move with it's own input or it could be something like ninja chars like strider or Hanzo from SamSho have - like jumping back and forward while at the corner.

This is a great idea! I'll try to incorporate it somehow.

-Currently I'm finishing up an intro based on the cinematic you get after defeating Shredder miniboss in TMNT IV for the SNES!
-Also managed to whipped up a shock sprite.

Once I hammer out most of his intros I'll get back to attack coding... at least that's the plan. I'm known to be quite sporadic when it involves preset planning and Mugen creation but I want to attack this somewhat sequentially for now so implementing character specific intros for the whole TMNT bunch isn't all left at the end.

Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:43:58 pm by Dcat
#505  June 25, 2012, 10:08:19 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmm... The best two examples I can think of are these.

Geese Howard by P.o.t.S. plays exactly like his in-game counterpart. You have Half Circle Back with Punches for a high counter, or with Kicks for a low counter. This would be a great addition considering how Shredder's throws already look.

Sagat and his feign kicks from SSFIV are the only example I can think of. Also, if you have played Soul Calibur, you can feign any attack by immediately pressing guard right after an input. Perhaps you may not be able to continue with combos, but feigning sword attacks would be amazing for Shredder's repertoire.

Geese is the only coding example I can think of.  :S
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#506  June 25, 2012, 11:58:01 pm
    • France
For Geese, you can look at :
- Geese by POTS : http://mugenguild.com/pots/
- Geese by Vans : http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat3
- Geese by K.O.D & Koopakoot : http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat21;dlsort=id;desc;p=10
- Young Geese by IronMugen & OrochiKOF97 : http://randomselect.piiym.net/hosted/oro-geesenw.htm

My Batman also has a counter move like this : http://network.mugenguild.com/cybaster
So does Kasumi by IronMugen and many others.

As for faint move, I guess looking at Last Blade or Samurai Shodown chars could help, but I'm not very familiar with their gameplay...
#507  June 28, 2012, 10:53:56 am
Would be good if he isn't easy to beat. Make the strongest AI possible and that is without some cheap lazors that deal damage to the entire screen. A good example of a strong and yet balanced AI is Marvel's Vulture

This
#508  June 28, 2012, 12:07:33 pm
  • turtles go
all my faith is in you
#509  June 28, 2012, 11:45:01 pm
#510  June 28, 2012, 11:52:24 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
 :o :o
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#511  June 28, 2012, 11:56:07 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hehe great stuff all around, such dedicated compatibility :)
#512  June 28, 2012, 11:57:46 pm
Fantastic! :o  I really liked how you put together the Krang special when he increases his size.  I can't wait for these to be done!
#513  June 29, 2012, 12:03:53 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I really like that special intro of shredder and krang, it reminds me of that final episode of tmnt 1987 on season 1
#514  June 29, 2012, 12:08:09 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Dude, I loved the special intro as well, but woah on that Dimension X hyper! That's amazing!
#515  June 29, 2012, 12:09:19 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
and I also loved the turtles being compatible to electric, fire, and ice attacks
#516  June 29, 2012, 12:13:08 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
and lets not forget Anakaris' curse too.

loving this so far Dcat, can't wait for the releases now
#517  June 29, 2012, 11:23:23 am
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Nice progress man, liked everything!
Shredder is starting to look really good :)
#518  June 29, 2012, 11:28:12 am
    • France
:2thumbsup:
#519  June 29, 2012, 12:06:51 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Shredder is looking amazing. But not just through your amazing sprites or fantastic moves. It's through his personality. And that's what makes all of your creations shine. I can't wait to try Shredder out.

This question comes after watching your video: with Anakaris hyper that ends in his sarcophagus crushing you, Leonardo does not appear to be crushed. On the flipside, Deathmask flattened Michelangelo. Will all four turtles include this flattening animation??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#520  June 29, 2012, 01:07:14 pm
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the short preview, it was a bit of an indulgence after going so long since the last recording. As always, there will be more to come.

Yes Saikoro, all turtles share that flattening anim in addition to the other special anims featured in the video. Deathmask is the first (only?) character I know of so far that has that special 'crushed/ stuck in ground' state but I could be wrong about that. Keeping that in mind, don't forget that Dr. Kelexo's Deathmask is a more recent character release than Thomas Hsieh's Anakaris by a considerable margin so that could be the most likely reason why the character doesn't use it. We have to start implementing it in future creations from now on, though.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty