Re: Shredder WIP
#601  July 15, 2012, 06:41:28 pm
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#602  July 17, 2012, 07:47:26 pm
    • Germany
Here's some new anims, I've been work-shopping ideas in FF seeing how they might play out.

So because I did not say something to the new anims, I do it now.

The first both attack animations are looking nice the second one maybe is a little to slow at the beginning but I'm not sure about it yet, because I must see it in Gameplay first to know how it works there and to judge it better.

The last animation looks a little funny to me, like we have here the "friendly neighborhood Spider-Shredder". xD
Don't get me wrong I still like the animation but it is a little funny for me to see the Shredder in hanging on a wall this way.^^
Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:14:02 pm by moep
#603  July 18, 2012, 12:36:05 am
It would be nice to combine the jumping part of 2nd animation with the end part of the 3rd (of course not him clinging to a wall) but rather the same stance on the ground, kinda like a samurai strike you see in the movies (anime) when the opponent gets hit with a brutal strike and the person showboats by doing a stance like that.  I don't know if you get what I am trying to say though.  :P
#604  July 18, 2012, 01:47:06 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I think I do.

What comes to mind is that amazing fight from Ninja Scroll where Jubei makes that vertically splitting slice/blow to the rock dude. Sorry about not remembering his name. That style as a possible counter move would be beyond epic for the Shredder now that I think of it.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#605  July 23, 2012, 04:45:57 pm
    • Germany
It would be nice to combine the jumping part of 2nd animation with the end part of the 3rd (of course not him clinging to a wall) but rather the same stance on the ground, kinda like a samurai strike you see in the movies (anime) when the opponent gets hit with a brutal strike and the person showboats by doing a stance like that.  I don't know if you get what I am trying to say though.  :P

I don't think that would look good, on the wall it has something spiderman like but if you would use this stance on the ground it would look silly, like some kind of "Frog Shredder" or something like that. ö_Ö
#606  July 26, 2012, 11:07:08 am
How about less talk about female chibi Shredder and such, and more on the Shredder's progress so far? Awesome new anims, above. Is this a different palette or? I don't see purple mantle. You used the same color that is for transparency so that 1 of the palettes he will use he is without a mantle? not a bad idea
Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:22:41 am by Emetar
#607  July 26, 2012, 07:02:15 pm
    • Germany
How about less talk about female chibi Shredder and such, and more on the Shredder's progress so far? Awesome new anims, above. Is this a different palette or? I don't see purple mantle. You used the same color that is for transparency so that 1 of the palettes he will use he is without a mantle? not a bad idea

Dcat's Shredder only has his cape in his prefight intros.
#608  September 04, 2012, 02:28:19 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Hello everyone, sorry for the hiatus. I've been working on Shredder a bit more during my leave and I'll be getting back into the thick of things shortly.

I made a video to display what little progress I've made these past few weeks.
It showcases an unfinished version of Shredder's special intro against the turtles (still need to add the smoke and flame animations to the scene), also some early progress with the Retro Mutation special, classic arcade style dodge, and a new super attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaGAXAdPWU
Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:37:41 pm by Dcat
#609  September 04, 2012, 02:35:13 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Thanks for the update!
Beautiful intro!
#610  September 04, 2012, 03:11:45 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Mind ='s blown. Dcat, I believe the Mugen fanatic within me is developing a man-crush on your talents. I was recently wondering how you have been.

Please keep with the phenomenal work. Your releases are some of the most unique Mugen has to offer. I can't wait to try him out!!

Upon further view, there are two things that I thought would be cool:

1: his fist style projectile. I think it would be awesome to have variants on how that could attack. Think Cyclops Optic Blast.... Jab could hit low, medium would be standing, and fierce could be a larger version. If this move attacks in close range, it would catch the enemy and squeeze them very similarly to Bishamon's ex torso fist. Multiple hits would be the result of tapping the attack button.

2: Having Shredder shout out awesome one liners after his sword hyper connects. You could randomize it for instance. My favorite would be "tonight I dine on turtle soup!!" as the last hit connects. Don't forget to add in hit sounds that pack more oomph for the last few strikes to make the attack sound powerful and imposing.

And for that intro... You're going to eventually have all four turtles, yea??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:55:41 pm by Saikoro
#611  September 04, 2012, 04:10:12 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I hope you're intending for him to be a boss character, because the mutagen ray (or whatever) looks to be a tad powerful. I'd recommend it only keeps them mutated for one hit, similar to NeoKamek's Kamek's "turns-them-into-a-koopa" move or the countless moves that stun the opponent for a little while in Mortal Kombat. I'm certainly hoping well for this project and going to follow this topic. I'll post more feedback as it comes.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#612  September 04, 2012, 04:22:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Can't remember : is the mutagen compatible with only a few chars with code in them, or with any character compatible withAnakaris' Pharao Curse, or with all chars (using a template anim if they don't have curse anim) ?

I love how during the move where he has a clone, both Shredders don't perform the exact same combo at the same time, as it usually is in DS and other fighting games. Looks "messier" but much more dynamic. :)
#613  September 04, 2012, 04:24:32 pm
  • tired
Yeah, he has an excuse for not doing the same moves: it's not a clone he's doing the moves along with (I think). I immediately thought of Choujin's Piccolo when he did that move. It even started up similar.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#614  September 04, 2012, 04:40:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
good to see that the shredder wip thread's still active, keep it up
#615  September 04, 2012, 04:55:08 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Great progress Dcat, I'm glad you are back again :D
Liked the intro - only his movement animation during that intro looked a bit stiff, but awesome stuff overall.
Can't wait to trry him out, and see more your updates, cheers :)
#616  September 04, 2012, 05:07:05 pm
    • Germany
Nice to see you back Dcat, and that you have found some time to make a update again. =)
I realy like the new Intro, and the way Shredder teases his opponent when he uses his clone move against him, btw. from which episode are the this soundclips?  =D

I hope you're intending for him to be a boss character, because the mutagen ray (or whatever) looks to be a tad powerful. I'd recommend it only keeps them mutated for one hit, similar to NeoKamek's Kamek's "turns-them-into-a-koopa" move or the countless moves that stun the opponent for a little while in Mortal Kombat. I'm certainly hoping well for this project and going to follow this topic. I'll post more feedback as it comes.

I don't think that the move is to Powerfull, because the move is blockable and let's don't forget the char is still not final, so Dcat can and will probably do some balancing on the char anyway.
Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:10:43 pm by moep
#617  September 04, 2012, 05:08:55 pm
  • tired
Dcat can and will probably do some balancing on the char anyway.
Yeah, I'm aware it isn't finished yet. I was throwing in my two cents. What better time to balance a character than when it's still being made?
#618  September 04, 2012, 05:29:39 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Whoo! Awesome update dude! Loving what I see with the intro and the Clone super. :)
#619  September 04, 2012, 06:13:40 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
1: his fist style projectile. I think it would be awesome to have variants on how that could attack. Think Cyclops Optic Blast.... Jab could hit low, medium would be standing, and fierce could be a larger version. If this move attacks in close range, it would catch the enemy and squeeze them very similarly to Bishamon's ex torso fist. Multiple hits would be the result of tapping the attack button.

2: Having Shredder shout out awesome one liners after his sword hyper connects. You could randomize it for instance. My favorite would be "tonight I dine on turtle soup!!" as the last hit connects. Don't forget to add in hit sounds that pack more oomph for the last few strikes to make the attack sound powerful and imposing.

The way I have things set up now, the explosive shuriken, hand aura and retromutation ray are the three variations of projectiles for the QCF + any punch button command.  Implementing multiple directions for the hand blast could be really cool though, and I could remap the shuriken and retromutation attacks to EX commands! I really like your idea about having the hand projectile have an added constricting attack as well.

And for that intro... You're going to eventually have all four turtles, yea??
The intro will be compatible with all four turtles, and I also wanted to figure out some code to have it function in a 2 on 1 co-op match as well  but I wasn't thinking of including 3 additional non-player controlled turtles in the intro scene. Do you think I should, it'd be similar to the channel 6 intro I have in Krang.

Can't remember : is the mutagen compatible with only a few chars with code in them, or with any character compatible withAnakaris' Pharao Curse, or with all chars (using a template anim if they don't have curse anim) ?

I love how during the move where he has a clone, both Shredders don't perform the exact same combo at the same time, as it usually is in DS and other fighting games. Looks "messier" but much more dynamic. :)
Yeah he'll have the monkey template for characters that lack particular animations for Anakaris' Curse. Interestingly enough though, Thomas Hsieh's Anakaris has an assortment of template animations contained within Anakaris' .sff file for quite a number of Capcom characters and assigns these upon contact using name triggers and variables. I intend to copy those animations and this method from Anakaris into Shredder so at the very least some basic characters like Ryu and Demitri will have a standard unique animation to use in lieu of my monkey retromutation.

Nice to see you back Dcat, and that you have found some time to make a update again. =)
I realy like the new Intro, and the way Shredder teases his opponent when he uses his clone move against him, btw. from which episode are the this soundclips?  =D
I believe that the audio clips and partial inspiration for the clone move itself are from the episode "Shredder and Splintered" where Shredder fights Splinter inside the Technodrome.

I don't think that the move is to Powerfull, because the move is blockable and let's don't forget the char is still not final, so Dcat can and will probably do some balancing on the char anyway.
It actually isn't as devastating as the video may lead you to believe. The ray consists of 2 parts, the first part of the move hits the opponent multiple times sending them to a shock state each time it connects, the second part is where they are transformed into their retromutation form. The attack has considerable start-up time and all successive hits of the ray and the retromutation effect itself are negated if the opponent blocks any one animelem of the move as you saw in the video. This move inflicts 100 damage total and once the opponent is transformed ,Shredder cannot use any of his specials/super attacks again until they have returned to their default state. I made it behave this way out of necessity for the most part to prevent  the opponent from being decimated and or placed in some unwieldy custom states while mutated. There's other safeguards in the Retromutation custom state coding to prevent the latter but I just wanted to cover all my bases. In addition, I intend to make the retromutated effect last for a shorter duration than was depicted in the video so you shouldn't worry too much.

Loving the feedback guys, its much appreciated, I'll try my best to keep you all posted regularly and in a timely fashion!
#620  September 04, 2012, 06:23:05 pm
  • tired
Oh, nice to know you've implemented safeguards on the mutagen attack.