YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 247055 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#661  September 23, 2012, 04:35:49 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
thanks, as for the retromutagen suggestions, i suggest tails and renamon turned into a baby fox, sonic, and shadow be turned into hedgehogs,  u can also make rouge into a regular bat too, etc.
#662  September 23, 2012, 07:48:50 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Already using World Heroes 2 sprites for Sonic:
#663  September 24, 2012, 11:30:06 am
    • Germany
I was actually thinking that the different monkey types would be unique sprites with unique animation even, so I wasn't considering making a template available for public customization, but it would be far easier with some contributors pitching in their efforts & if you guys wanna take a a crack at it be my guest:

You can go ahead and edit it to your liking and submit the results here, I may include it in the character. Could really go for those ninja monkeys that were mentioned or a Kung Fu Man or Kung Fu Girl monkey even. None of the Retromutation sprites are shared palette so feel free to go crazy color-wise so long as it looks good and is limited to 256 colors. Seeing as how a bunch of Capcom cursed sprites are already implemented into the character please don't submit Ryu alternates or whatnot since it'd be rather redundant. Other fighting game franchises, mutations for SNK characters, or unique/original mutations would be greatly appreciated here and are what I'm currently lacking the most.

Because you said that you don't have any SNK Mutations yet, I attempted to make a Omega Rugal Monkey.^^

I tried to give him some of Omega Rugals traits, like his pale skin, his evil grin and his cybernetic eye and hand, but I realy had problems to add Rugals hair too the Monkeyhead, I believe with the hair it would look much more like Rugal, but it just looked stupid all times I tried to add it.  =(

I know it is not much, but maybe it inspires someone to improve it, or even make a much better one.^^
#664  September 24, 2012, 10:17:43 pm
Thanks for trying I guess. Maybe give it another crack. A Rugal monkey should have white fur, maybe be a larger gorilla type as well.
#665  September 25, 2012, 12:04:27 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
suggestion

a Geese Howard mutation should be a goose.

For Leo from Red Earth/Warzard and Lion-O from Thundercats could turn into lion cubs

Poppy from Samurai Showdown V could get turned into a puppy (maybe edit off Poppy's Puppy sprites)

thinking the mutagen ray could devolve pokemon which would work for the pokemon characters out there such as Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Chansey, Blaziken, Gardevor, and Snorlax
#666  September 25, 2012, 12:32:39 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't have much to offer in terms of sprites, but I can send you my HUGE list of names to trigger the winposes (nad that can be used to detect various characters).
#667  September 25, 2012, 12:47:22 am
Yes, please do! My method of going about things is taking forever in that regard and I was bound to miss the majority of characters out there.

@Lucky Dearly: Good ideas, Royal Judgement sprites for Leo from Warzard is already included in Anakaris's files so is Hydron. I'll see what I can do about those Pokemon, not really familiar with anything beyond the 1st generation though, I'll have to look at the new additions.
#668  September 25, 2012, 12:41:20 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for trying I guess. Maybe give it another crack. A Rugal monkey should have white fur, maybe be a larger gorilla type as well.

I attempted to give him white fur before but it looked odd someway.
I will search for some Gorilla sprites and I will try to make some better edits with them.
Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:00:04 pm by moep
#669  September 25, 2012, 04:47:27 pm
  • Shakespear.
#670  September 25, 2012, 05:44:56 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
IMO... Blanka would need a special retromutagen too...

Recoloured ape? Spiky red hair?

Good olĀ“ Solid Snake into a snake?
Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:34:47 pm by Staubhold
#671  September 25, 2012, 07:11:04 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Or fox. Or you know, an old eye patched monkey xD
#672  September 27, 2012, 12:47:04 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Wow, seems like Shredder's sprite set is about to get quite a bit larger with all these retro-mutation options!

I ESPECIALLY love that Screwloose sprite for Wingnut.  Is there a specific Wingnut character you have in mind with your compatibility, dcat... er... Rumble McSkirmish?
#673  September 27, 2012, 08:45:40 pm
A link that might be helpful for retromutagen sprites:
Animal Sprites

Thanks a bunch! I can put these to good use, I'm sure!

Wow, seems like Shredder's sprite set is about to get quite a bit larger with all these retro-mutation options!

I ESPECIALLY love that Screwloose sprite for Wingnut.  Is there a specific Wingnut character you have in mind with your compatibility, dcat... er... Rumble McSkirmish?

Speaking of which I finished Screwloose:

I don't know of the specific Wingnut characters available. If you have multiple versions could you pm me the names in their .DEF files or link me to their downloads, so that I can make them compatible with Shredder?

UPDATE - 9/26/2012
====================
-Remapped SHURIKEN Special to QCB + Any Punch
-Remapped ENERGY WAVE Special to QCF + Any Punch
-Added EX ENERGY WAVE Special : QCF, Same Strength Punch + Kick Button

Getting ready to code the EX Energy Wave using Ruby Heart's Sublimation attack
#674  September 28, 2012, 07:10:14 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Looking at your updated avatar, I completely forgot about Super Shredder's integration. Apologies for being late on feedback.... Work's schedule has been murder. Lots of stress equates to little Mugen time....  I'll leave something soon. Sorry for the delay man.... :(

Otherwise, Shredder is shaping up rather nicely!! :)
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#675  September 28, 2012, 08:06:24 am
Don't bother, I only post the changelog from the readme to summarize what I've gotten done that day. There'll be more to test when there's enough content to do so. I'll let you guys know when I send out the new betas.
#676  September 28, 2012, 06:39:03 pm
    • Germany
Dcat could you make a little vid to show us non Beta testers how the Super Shredder Mode works?
I think many others here would realy like to see it too.^^
#677  September 28, 2012, 09:07:58 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
@Dcat, dat avatar........  :woeh:
#678  October 02, 2012, 07:07:34 pm
Dcat could you make a little vid to show us non Beta testers how the Super Shredder Mode works?

Once I get around to coding it, I may make a preview.

Here's what I've been working on lately
Early versions of his EX Fireball:
-EX Energy Wave specials (QCF, Punch button + Kick button).
Each version deals 150 damage.

-Also added an automatic Shuriken throw to his dive kick depending on whether or not Shredder crosses up the enemy. If he doesn't, Shredder will bounce back and lob a shuriken at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ddnKbYBdfo

The medium (energy constrictor) version needs more oomph though, any suggestions?
Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:33:25 pm by Dcat
#679  October 03, 2012, 12:11:23 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released

Once I get around to coding it, I may make a preview.

Here's what I've been working on lately
Early versions of his EX Fireball:
-EX Energy Wave specials (QCF, Punch button + Kick button).
Each version deals 150 damage.

-Also added an automatic Shuriken throw to his dive kick depending on whether or not Shredder crosses up the enemy. If he doesn't, Shredder will bounce back and lob a shuriken at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ddnKbYBdfo

The medium (energy constrictor) version needs more oomph though, any suggestions?

Awesome, Indeed D-Cat! That looks excellent! I'm loving how your carefully thinking about his gameplay mechanics very carefully.

#680  October 03, 2012, 02:27:09 am
Looking great Dcat!