YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248438 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#841  November 14, 2012, 10:04:52 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
if this comes out this year it will give vegeta a run for his money and im all for that. an actual competition would be great.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#842  November 15, 2012, 05:17:39 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
#843  November 15, 2012, 07:52:16 am
  • Was it something I said?
Character of the Year, right here! Shredder is looking great!
#844  November 15, 2012, 04:44:57 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
I could see the new hopping custom state coming in handy for a lot of different characters / moves in the future if it becomes common place.  Hopefully foresight provides people with incentive to update and add it!

Is there a list somewhere of all the 'suggested' popular custom states?  Like:
Electrocution
Burning
Midnight Bliss
Mutagen
Hopping
etc.

Also Super Shredder is looking bad ass! Can't wait for the release man, +1 all your effort really puts your characters in a class of their own.

@RobotMonkeyHead:
check out the Optional Animation Standards thread.

+1
I'm too, even more excited now :)
By the way - Dcat are you planning to code AI for Shredder yourself? Or you will code it only for Krang?

-Krang's AI is only a partial attempt on my part. I wanted to ask Veanko to code the AI for all of my characters if he'd be willing to. I was really impressed with his earlier work for my turtles as well as his recent character treatments. I guess I'm officially calling him out to step up once again Veanko.

I'm really glad you guys are fired up for the character, I'm pretty proud of how much I've put into him. There's still quite a bit more to go though.

-I fixed the issue I was having with Super Shredder's normal attacks glitching the character when the opponent counters them with a reversaldef. All of Super Shredder's attacks are either helper based normals or helper based projectiles.

-I've got ideas to have Super Shredder negate that super armor / infinite hitstun conundrum by allowing him control prematurely (after he takes some appropriate damage), or having him teleport out of it maybe. This is tricky since I need to keep him beatable by the turtles, right now the best option for Turtles vs Super Shredder is to attack him after he uses one of his aura specials just like in the old arcade games. My characters combo so quickly though that you can stun him until the end of the round unless I put some sort of fail-safe in there to prevent it. C.A.N's idea of a combo breaker might be the best idea here as it could be an automatic offensive knock-back attack. Maybe the classic Lightning Crusher pose from TMNT SNES   

-Lengthened the time that Super Shredder's transformed from 3000 ticks to 4000 ticks since I got annoyed that he kept ending Super Shredder mode mere hits before I could kill him while transformed. It got me to thinking that it might be better for Super Shredder mode to remain active for the duration of the round instead of the timer system I have now. I've got to add that whole config deal that moep mentioned earlier in the thread, with a proper configuration file I could have both.

-Still need to do Super Shredder's Thunder Wave super attack, all the sprites are ready just got to get to coding

-That ever elusive air super will never cease to haunt this project, I'll get to it eventually. Refined idea is to have Shredder do a giant powerful upwards swipe maybe (Tournament Fighters Aura Crusher style or with the Sword of Tengu like in TMNT Smash Up) which instantly puts P2 into the upwards falling hit animation where they're then hit by a crisscross pattern of Foot Soldiers then finally sent to the ground where Shredder and company flash in an add insult to injury with a cool Foot Clan group pose.

-I've got the April intro/helper working a bit more properly now, I still need to add the winscreen to it though and code the corresponding special winpose for the Turtles.
#845  November 15, 2012, 07:01:50 pm
  • I see you.
do you think it will be out in time for char of the year voting?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#846  November 15, 2012, 07:11:24 pm
  • Shakespear.
#847  November 15, 2012, 08:19:32 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Would be cool, but looks like Dcat will have to work for quite some time on shredder. Let's hope it will be at least this winter.
#848  November 15, 2012, 08:21:59 pm
  • I see you.
well this is the only char who could possibly beat vegetaz2 so I actually hope so.

#849  November 15, 2012, 08:26:51 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Let Vegeta win this year, and next year let's look at the fierce competition between SSJ Goku, Shredder, Krang, Mel Masters and Bluestreak. :D
#850  November 15, 2012, 08:31:08 pm
    • Germany

Guys guys guys.. you should stop to pressurise Dcat to haste, it don't makes any difference if the char gets finished before or after the voting, and we all should have some more patience with that, because we all want to play a good char and a good char needs some time to be created.

DW

#851  November 15, 2012, 08:35:12 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
There's no pressure. He just asked if he will be finished before this year is up. A legit, unbadgering question. Also...

Let Vegeta win this year, and next year let's look at the fierce competition between SSJ Goku, Shredder, Krang, Mel Masters and Bluestreak. :D

I opt for other chars to be in that competition as well. Like Jin by either DS or DKDC, and Skullomania by Sean and I. ;)

#852  November 15, 2012, 11:30:11 pm
    • Germany
There's no pressure. He just asked if he will be finished before this year is up. A legit, unbadgering question. Also...

Sorry sometimes if I translate my sentences from German into English it sounds a little harsh.^^
#853  November 16, 2012, 01:43:15 am
    • Ukraine
#854  November 16, 2012, 01:46:11 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Or another Z2 char :mmhmm:
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#855  November 16, 2012, 02:12:34 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA

-Lengthened the time that Super Shredder's transformed from 3000 ticks to 4000 ticks since I got annoyed that he kept ending Super Shredder mode mere hits before I could kill him while transformed. It got me to thinking that it might be better for Super Shredder mode to remain active for the duration of the round instead of the timer system I have now. I've got to add that whole config deal that moep mentioned earlier in the thread, with a proper configuration file I could have both.

-That ever elusive air super will never cease to haunt this project, I'll get to it eventually. Refined idea is to have Shredder do a giant powerful upwards swipe maybe (Tournament Fighters Aura Crusher style or with the Sword of Tengu like in TMNT Smash Up) which instantly puts P2 into the upwards falling hit animation where they're then hit by a crisscross pattern of Foot Soldiers then finally sent to the ground where Shredder and company flash in an add insult to injury with a cool Foot Clan group pose.

I think it can be handled a few different ways.
-Have it to where you need to input another special command to come out out Super Shredder if wanted. DDD+Taunt for example.
-Make it perma
-Make an option in the config to allow perma or timed

Foot Clan Group Pose. Oh...oh my....this sounds extremely bad ass. Maybe a funny Ginyu Force Style pose? I just have so many different ways this good look in my head it's scary. Like Shredder looking all Gangsta either standing like Sagat when he crosses his arms and laughs, standing with his back to the screen with his cape flowing, or very samurai/yakuza looking. Like how Mitsurugi in Soul Calibur kind of does when he whens and crouches down and points his katana in the loser's face.
#856  November 16, 2012, 07:25:24 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Foot Clan Group Pose. Oh...oh my....this sounds extremely bad ass.

Very good idea. For a group pose, I thinking something along the lines of this should be in place:

"Make no mistake, they are exceptionally well trained."

Something like what happens after he snaps his fingers should be worked in for Shredder's robotic Ninjas. Epic.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#857  November 19, 2012, 01:11:48 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Hey guys I've been busy

Thanks to the generous contribution of RobotMonkeyHead Shredder now has a fully animated idle stance. He really did a great job!

UPDATE 11/18/2012:

Made a config file with Super Shredder Options, among them you can :

-Have infinite timer during Super Shredder mode

-Start Round 2 as Super Shredder
(this disables the human commands for Super Shredder at all times)

-Always play as Super Shredder
(includes special Super Shredder intro from the arcade for Round 1. This option overrides all other options as every round will be in Super Shredder form and the timer will never deplete)

It functions perfectly at the moment, I don't think I'll put the once per match restriction on accessing Super Shredder mode that I originally mentioned in the final version. It could be way too restrictive especially for human players, making it limited to once per match seems more like a condition that the AI should stick to. What do you guys think?

Also coded the basic combo breaker attack its an homage to Cyber Shredder's special from Tournament Fighters on the SNES.

I still need audio rips of C.Shredd's voice and the sound fx from Tournament Fighters to add to this attack, if anybody can provide me with these I'd much appreciate it, I have no idea how to go about ripping from SNES games.

While I'm at it I may as well ask for the full Sound Effects from Turtles in Time as well (either Arcade or SNES version). What's available online isn't the full deal and there's tons missing from what I recall.

===What's next?=====

-I'll be trying to tackle Super Shredder's Thunder Wave super next.

-Also just going to toss some Foot Soldier sprites into the .SFF, regardless of color separation, and get down to business on that air super. Its way too nebulous still.

-For all those who were asking earlier, I'm aiming for a Christmas 2012 release of all of my TMNT WIPS (Shredder, Krang, and the Turtles). If I don't make that date however expect a late December or early Januray release date.
Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:15:05 am by Dcat
#858  November 19, 2012, 01:28:03 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
-For all those who were asking earlier, I'm aiming for a Christmas 2012 release of all of my TMNT WIPS (Shredder, Krang, and the Turtles). If I don't make that date however expect a late December or early Januray release date.

The WHOLE Post. :flipout:

Also

This is PERFECT
Actually wait....it's kinda creepy that his legs/feet are as still as concrete. Don't know I'll have to see it in action. Minor details ignore me.
Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:56:31 am by Niko the Majin
#859  November 19, 2012, 01:48:42 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Hey guys I've been busy

Thanks to the generous contribution of RobotMonkeyHead Shredder now has a fully animated idle stance. He really did a great job!

This christmas will be awesome for me!  :woeh: thanks Dcat!  :2thumbsup:
#860  November 19, 2012, 06:28:42 am
    • Canada
    • unstabler2012@gmail.com
    • www.mediafire.com/?7e103tuw8ozz8
I still need audio rips of C.Shredd's voice and the sound fx from Tournament Fighters to add to this attack, if anybody can provide me with these I'd much appreciate it, I have no idea how to go about ripping from SNES games.

While I'm at it I may as well ask for the full Sound Effects from Turtles in Time as well (either Arcade or SNES version). What's available online isn't the full deal and there's tons missing from what I recall.

Hey Dcat, thanks for the awesome update, as usual Shredder looks to be kicking some serious ass!

Here are links to "all" audio rips from TMNT Tournament Fighters and Turtles in Time for the SNES.  Sound effects from SNES games can be ripped using a tool called SNESSOR.  When I ran SNESSOR on the Turtles in Time SNES rom I got the exact same sound effects as the link I provided, so I think it's as complete a set as possible.