YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248168 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#961  January 09, 2013, 02:06:31 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Good. Dammit I'm getting so hyped. Even watching the cartoons. Got Forever Turtles on the tv right now.

"But Niko! What about the live action series?! What about the Power Rangers x Turtles cross-over?"- I'll fucking kill whoever says this. They weren't even the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers either. Fuck off. LOL
#962  January 09, 2013, 04:38:48 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Good. Dammit I'm getting so hyped. Even watching the cartoons. Got Forever Turtles on the tv right now.

"But Niko! What about the live action series?! What about the Power Rangers x Turtles cross-over?"- I'll fucking kill whoever says this. They weren't even the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers either. Fuck off. LOL
Dude

Calm down

It's just a character being converted for a Fighting game engine.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Concerning Super Shredder: I agree with what was said, Don't get rid of him. And this is coming from someone who's just spectating.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#963  January 09, 2013, 08:40:15 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Dcat, you did a ton of work on Super Shredder and it's awesome, NOPE don't get rid of it please.
#964  January 09, 2013, 10:18:05 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Calm down! DCat isn't about to just drop a part of a character that he probably grew grey hairs over from a few measly comments that didn't even hint at getting rid of it. All I asked originally was if he added a function to allow them to be separate versions.

For example: TheShredder.def, TheSuperShredder.def, ShredderNoSuper.def

For fuck's sake, as much as I love TMNT, asking to get rid of him would be heresy to myself. LOL
#965  January 10, 2013, 05:15:27 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
I'm all for keeping Super Shredder in DCat. I've always wanted Super Shredder in Mugen and this is a chance to see him ^^
#966  January 10, 2013, 02:23:50 pm
I would be fine with Super Shredder not being included with the character, especially if when he turns into Super Shredder, he is actually easier to fight.  Just by the sound of it, it sounds like once he turns into Super Shredder he is less of a threat...it's like The Hulk getting mad and instead he turns into Bruce Banner.

I know I'm the minority in this, but from the looks of the demos Shredder seems to play well enough, without this feature alone.  I might be biased though, since I am more of a fan of the original cartoon.     
#967  January 10, 2013, 02:49:38 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
He is more of a threat in his super form. At least in the hands of human player.
#968  January 11, 2013, 01:45:51 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Actually, having a command to turn into him is perfect: you use the command or you don't. Simple as that. Don't want Super Shredder?? Don't use the command!!

He also has a config.txt file to change some elements around, so there's no need to worry about the details.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#969  January 11, 2013, 05:02:03 pm
are we getting 2 shredders chars or 2 forms in 1 char?
#970  January 11, 2013, 09:02:10 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
oh dear god at your name sorry for offtopic but really?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#971  January 11, 2013, 09:21:38 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
id like to know if he about to be release more then i would to be talking about getting rid of the super shredder i say keep it. you work really long and very hard on this character dcat and for anyone to tell you just to get rid of it is becuse it well be more harder of a character is like getting a slap in the face how insulting. how some people can be if you whine about something that can kick your ass in a game then you really shouldn't be playing video games in the first place
#972  January 11, 2013, 09:27:13 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm no moderator, but guys, please stay on track here. Dcat made very clear as to what his intentions are progression wise, as well as sharing some excellent progress thus far.

Consult previous posts as to what's up as opposed to rambling back and forth. Stay on topic please.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#973  January 11, 2013, 11:14:06 pm
  • Shakespear.
^ yup.
#974  January 11, 2013, 11:41:46 pm
Agreed with these two.
#975  January 12, 2013, 10:07:58 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I'm no moderator, but guys, please stay on track here. Dcat made very clear as to what his intentions are progression wise, as well as sharing some excellent progress thus far.

Consult previous posts as to what's up as opposed to rambling back and forth. Stay on topic please.

You know I seriously thought one of my posts made it very. . .kinda clear that it wasn't going to happen and to carry on topic as if nothing was said. *sigh* Some peoples' posters. I swear.

Okay since I'm basically taking a break from spriting and MUGEN until this gets released. . . .can we at least get a 'best of' palette preview?

Actually. . .I didn't seem to see it anywhere but was the palette posted anywhere to allow people to make their own? I'm dying to go crazy making some for Bucketbreath.

EDIT:

Made this for ya for now. I plan on making a better one along with Lifebar and Win ports. In better quality.
(Doing Krang too :P )
Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:04:33 pm by The Real Niko
#976  January 12, 2013, 05:55:29 pm
    • Germany
I'm not sure anymore if Dcat postet a sprite at the beginning for pallet making, but he postet all pallets that are allready done.

Yeah I'm really proud of how he's turning out.
Gratuitous palette spam:

Spoiler: '89 TOON, ARCADE1, ARCADE2 (click to see content)

Spoiler: NES1, NES2, PLAYMATES TOY (click to see content)

Spoiler: COMIC, ANIME, 2K3 TOON (click to see content)
#977  January 14, 2013, 11:06:40 pm
  • Do the Mario!
    • USA
    • alannunes77@gmail.com
Yeah, I think he did.
#978  January 15, 2013, 06:41:20 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Shredder will also have palettes based on his appearances in TMNT1 Amiga PC game, NES Tournament Fighters, TMNT Adventures by Archie Comics, the second series of the TMNT Anime (Dark Devil Shredder), Cyber Shredder from the recent animated series, and a TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze palette. Many of the earlier posters have provided me with palettes in the thread.

Hey guys so there's been some news as far as progress
Veanko's just coded a custom AI for Krang and it suits him perfectly, he should make for a challenging opponent now.
Also I've made a new video to show the Foot Assists in action this also serves as a bit of visual information for Veanko on how I want combos to flow when I send him off for an AI as well.

-Standing HK can be chained into a Standing shuriken
-Crouching HK > Foot Assist is just plain fun
-Jumping HP > Jumping HK can be an instant setup for ground supers once Shredder lands.
-He can really do some damage if you know what you're doing

#979  January 15, 2013, 07:25:20 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
:pwnonk:

51 hits FTW!! Wow... You make all of his combos look easy. Stunning stuff. And nice effects too. Wow!!

#980  January 15, 2013, 07:40:31 am
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Awesome progress, and it would be really great if Veanko will be kind enough to make AI for Shredder also (he's the only one remains now, oh there's Raph also without AI).
Those combos look cool, I also liked that new stuff you added.
Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:17:28 pm by YagamiBrando