YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4719650 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ruby quick update (06/01/22)
#961  June 11, 2022, 03:16:29 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
BURST SYSTEM OVERHAUL
-New Burst Icon that also turns red when Not Over Yet is active.
-Burst now slowly regenerates overtime after use and does not fully regenerate between rounds.
-The rate of regeneration scales according to how much health has been lost.
-Burst meter is also gained on hit based on the amount of damage taken.
-When not over yet is active, the amount of meter gained is increased in both cases.

EXCEED ACCEL
-Triggered by pressing Y+Z when Ultra Burst is active.
-While it doesn't deal as much damage as most Distortion Drives, it has minimal damage scaling.
-Does not cost meter, but will immediately end Ultra Burst after use.
-Cannot be Rapid Canceled.
-Becomes upgraded when Not Over Yet is active.
-Holding down Y+Z during an Ultra Guard Cancel will immediately follow up with the Exceed Accel after the animation finishes.
-Hitting the opponent with an Exceed Accel will refill the Burst Gauge by 30% and will prevent the Burst Gauge from overheating.

OVERHEAT
-Burst gauge becomes overheated either when Ultra Burst runs out or if the Exceed Accel or Astral Heat is unsuccessful.
-An overheated burst gauge won't be able to regenerate for a set amount of time and will cause the power meter to slowly drain throughout the duration.
-Overheat is immediately removed between rounds.
-Astral Heat will not be available during Overheat even if you manage to have enough meter for it.

NEGATIVE PENALTY
-Performing too many consecutive back dashes or dodges will trigger a Negative Penalty, which immediately sets your meter and burst gauge to zero and puts you into overheat status.
-You will receive a warning before you get a Negative Penalty
-Moving toward and attacking the opponent will make the warning subside.

MISC
-Type Lumina style Super Jump. Heavier characters such as Blitztank have reduced distance on their super jumps. Triggered by tapping Down then Up in quick succession.
-A+B+Forward and A+B+Back are now macros for Double Tap Forward and Double Tap Backward respectively, Making instant air dashes easier to pull off.
-Significantly reduced knock back from a regular burst on block.
-Ultra Burst Cut-ins are no longer exclusive to the Persona cast.
-The base amount of time for Ultra Burst has been increased.
-Ultra Burst Timer will no longer increment during the initial Ultra Burst state.
-A successful Astral Heat will set the Burst Gauge to zero on the next round, assuming that the match isn't over.

Now this is MY kind of update! :mmhmm:

Although I do have some concerns, as well as regarding to the past update (NOY)
some doesn't seem to matter too much, since I do have beefy pc specs now, but these are just for some people who either use 1.1 and ikemen only, have older computer specs, like making bigger rosters, etc.

1. With the addition of the new burst Icon, as well as the timer length bar, is there any minor increase to sff filesize? I did a test to see what were the previous amount of KB was inserted to the burst icons which include BURST, ULTRA BURST, THE RED X, ULTRA BURST TIMER, and EMPTY BURST. (I might have to recheck again, ff3 doesn't like to save sometimes. :V)

-I used Yang as an example here.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

and overall to my surprise, despite being hi-res sprites, it only seems to be a very small 134KB increase. So I guess the changes will be little apparently.

2. (from NOY update) The Ultra Burst BG is a bit heavy in size, arranging to a 3745KB (Still using Yang), and most characters make use of their Astral BG with Explods, which is a single sprite. Was that the only best BG you could find for Ultra Burst, or would more additional explods for the Ultra Burst background mess up your chars? (I'm not an expert on this, So I was just learning about Explods long ago.)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#962  June 12, 2022, 02:24:16 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how did you come up with the new ideas and mechanics of this version of the Burst system, like the new icon for example, which is pretty cool because as far as I know there hasn't been any other mugen character that uses the Burst icon from Central Fiction. Also what's the name of the stage that you used at the end of Marx's showcase video and the steamable videos you used to showoff Kirby's two new copy abilities?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#963  June 12, 2022, 12:10:22 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Alright, I think it's about time for me to point out which attacks doesn't hit Marx plus any unrelated feedback if any:

Yang:
-Too Hot to Handle
-The air version of Strawberry Sunrise still has increased cornerpush when it hits opponents in the air.

Ruby:
-Any hit from Gun Blast.

Mika:
-66B and the first hit of Mika Revolution when whiffed.

Ragna:
-The 2nd hit of 5BB and Carnage Scissors.
-5BBB has no step sounds when he starts running.
-Hitting Marx with Blood Scythe causes has no target with hit id -1 debug errors.

Mai:
-The first hit of Sylvan Hurricane Assault.

Gordeau:
-5B (Causing you to unable to do the rest of the command normals), the first and last hit of B Percise Aim, last hit of Aerial Aim when it connects and the 4th hit of Turbulence.
-Mortal Slide: Divest will connect the first two hits, but the 3rd will not connect and make him jump in the air without grabbing.

Azrael:
-66A, charged 5C, charged jB and both charged versions of Hornet Bunker and Valiant Crash.
-Hitting Marx with 5BB and Hornet Bunker causes has no target with hit id -1 debug errors.

I find it odd that the non-charged version of Hornet Bunker connects while non-charged Valiant Crash doesn't.

Terumi:
-Dungeon of Serpents
-Seprent's Cursed Sting can still perform the grab animation when the two hits successfully connects (Hitsparks appear on Marx, but deals no damage to him).

Wagner:
-jC and the last hit of EX Kugel Blitz.
-The vignette effect will still play if the previous hits on Uber Wackenroder connect, but the last hit does not.

Waldstein:
-5AAA without the grab and the 2nd hit of 5BB.
-5C causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

Robo Weiss:
-The player meter on Stabilisieren gives a explod facing param must be 1 or -1 debug error.

Misaka:
-EX Electro Shock

Kuroko:
-The first hit of 5AAA, 5C, jC and How Careless when successfully countered.

Kokonoe:
-The bullet fire of Absolute Zero V4.32 (It also pushes the camera forward).
-The gauntlets on B Broken Bunker Assault V2.21 disappears by frame if it successfully connects.

Tager:
-The last hit of Magna Tech Wheel.
-The dusts when touching the ground or walking still share the palfx as they glow along with him when dodging.

Yu:
-66A.

Quote:
-Polar Star A and B.

-Akatsuki:
-The swish effect in front during A Armor Piercing Kick follows him after rapid canceling.

Issac:
-Mom from the D6 (Would make a huge disadvantage since Issac is the only one who could be hit by it).

Thief:
-The last hit of 5AAAA and Whirlwind.

Ky:
-5C.

Lina:
-Hitting Marx with jC causes has no target with hit id -1 debug errors.

Vlov:
-The first hit of Burya Lev.
-Ice, Memory on the 2nd use sometimes gives a no parent for parentvarst debug error.

Piranha Plant:
-The first hit of Rapid Chomp connects, but it causes a bunch of has no target with hit id -1 debug errors.

I also noticed there are some debug errors on certain characters if they hit Marx specifically. There's a bit of inconsistency where certain moves hit and doesn't do the rest of the distortion drives, while some does and got bugged like Terumi or they simply not hit at all. I think those should deal a single hit and that's it.

Also, not sure if you have forgotten but I think it would be a good time to add those intros with Ichida's characters as you still haven't yet:
-Ragna, Mai & Carmine with Naoto Kurogane
-Misaka with Miyuki
-Yu with Chie
-Hyde with Linne & Seth
-Mitsuru with Seth
-Kohaku with Akiha
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#964  June 12, 2022, 12:39:51 pm
    • USA

Also, not sure if you have forgotten but I think it would be a good time to add those intros with Ichida's characters as you still haven't yet:
-Misaka with Miyuki
-Yu with Chie
-Hyde with Linne & Seth
-Mitsuru with Seth
-Kohaku with Akiha

Also to add on to Zolidsone's discussion about special intros, Kuroko has a special intro with Miyuki and Tatsuya, with the Miyuki interaction being kind of funny since she curses at Miyuki over her "Onesama". Here's this video I found that shows the two interactions at 4:27 to 4:42
https://youtu.be/wBWJkCBTd64

And also there's the special intro for Merkava with Robo-Weiss you mentioned awhile ago.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:46:48 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#965  June 12, 2022, 10:28:08 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
-Misaka with Miyuki
-Yu with Chie
-Hyde with Linne & Seth
-Mitsuru with Seth
-Kohaku with Akiha

I'll go ahead and add in that the same should be for Resentone's characters as well.

- Aoko with Shiki, Red Arcueid and Saber (also with Ichida's Akiha)
-Kohaku with Hisui and Shiki

I think Taiga also has one with Rentaro, but I could be remembering wrong.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#966  June 13, 2022, 04:12:09 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Would it be possible to add a Code, which allow to change the position (maybe size too?) of every layer and variable code that forms the BURST icon(s) so there be the option to change it in case it doesn't display properly (aka on top of main portrait, turns portrait, lifebar, ect) with the set of lifebars you choice?

That would require having some Variables available for each of my characters and my variables are honestly all over the place, so making a config option for each parameter of the HUD across all my characters wouldn't really be feasible. Fortunately, the Burst HUD will be in its own dedicated cns file, so the code for the parameters will be very easy to track down. Plus, you'll be able to just edit one BurstHUD.cns and copy and paste that one in all of the other character folders.

May I ask on where did you get the raw persona 4 cut ins? Was scrounging around sprites resources and haven't got much luck.

I made them myself using Photoshop.

Do me a favor (again) and show me Meta Knight's Exceed Accel

Here you go:
https://streamable.com/ogd74z

1. With the addition of the new burst Icon, as well as the timer length bar, is there any minor increase to sff filesize? I did a test to see what were the previous amount of KB was inserted to the burst icons which include BURST, ULTRA BURST, THE RED X, ULTRA BURST TIMER, and EMPTY BURST. (I might have to recheck again, ff3 doesn't like to save sometimes. :V)

Using Ruby for Comparison, her raw file size 56.3 MB before the update and 57.9 MB after the update, So the increase is pretty miniscule.

2. (from NOY update) The Ultra Burst BG is a bit heavy in size, arranging to a 3745KB (Still using Yang), and most characters make use of their Astral BG with Explods, which is a single sprite. Was that the only best BG you could find for Ultra Burst, or would more additional explods for the Ultra Burst background mess up your chars? (I'm not an expert on this, So I was just learning about Explods long ago.)

I do like how the current background looks, and I don't really find it's file size to be too much of a concern right now, but I won't rule out swapping it out for an explod based background if I can find some good enough sprites for it.

Hey OHMSBY, how did you come up with the new ideas and mechanics of this version of the Burst system, like the new icon for example, which is pretty cool because as far as I know there hasn't been any other mugen character that uses the Burst icon from Central Fiction.

Me and my friend have been going back to play Central Fiction a lot more recently, so I ended up getting most of my ideas for the EXA update from there.

Also what's the name of the stage that you used at the end of Marx's showcase video and the steamable videos you used to showoff Kirby's two new copy abilities?

"GrimmsNotes_Windmill_Hill" by Neat Unsou.

Got these all out of the way, and the fixes will be included with their respective EXA Updates.

Also I should clarify that this is going to be the same deal with the previous system updates, not everyone will be updated at once, Although there will be a lot more in the first batch than last time, and the rest will receive their EXA updates in waves.

Honestly, special intros with characters that are not my own are very low priority right now, especially with working on the EXA update for everyone on top of my unreleased projects. I'd rather just be focusing on my own work rather than what other people decide to do with their work.
#967  June 13, 2022, 11:25:30 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#968  June 13, 2022, 12:18:44 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Aoko Released + EXA Update for 26 Characters (06/19/22)
#969  June 20, 2022, 04:57:07 am
    • USA
Aoko has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Aoko here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBjN9-QHgyzR8UOOpjSxv9YPn9uZqg_V/view?usp=sharing

Also:
The Following Characters have received the EXA Update:
Akatsuki, Blitztank, King Dedede, Faust, Heart Aino, Hilda, Hyde, Jin Kisaragi, Kirby, King K. Rool, Lina, Mai Natsume, Merkava, Meta Knight, Nanase, Piranha Plant, Pyra, Ragna the Bloodedge, Robo-Weiss, Ruby Rose, Shana, Susano'o, Thief Arthur, Yu Narukami, Yukiko Amagi, and Yumi.

More info on the EXA Update here.

Google Drive link for characters who currently have the EXA update here.

Character Specific Changes:

King Dedede
-Gordo now disappears if Dedede is hit (No changes to Deluxe Gordo)

Kirby
-New Copy Abilities: Tornado and Ranger
-List of Copy Ability Triggers has been adjusted accordingly
-Plasma's Static Charge now also charges Kirby's Burst Gauge

King K. Rool
-Krownarang is now a regular special that does not cost meter
-Krownarang's frame data has also been adjusted

Mai Natsume
-Exseal can now be special canceled (The redirect is only special cancelable on hit)
-Juncture can now be canceled into Moon Blossom
-Juncture can now be canceled into itself near the end of the animation
-Removed Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm as a Force Break (It is now her Exceed Accel instead)

Yukiko Amagi
-Fire Boost and Fire Flame Boost now charge Yukiko's Burst Gauge
-Dia now slightly increases the Burst Gauge's regeneration throughout it's duration

The Japanese voice patches for Ragna, Ruby, Mai, and Yukiko have also been updated

Spoiler: And my next character is (click to see content)

Have fun.
#970  June 20, 2022, 05:57:42 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
By the way, I found a bug with Marx, when a character has teleportation In the minute 3:02

#971  June 20, 2022, 07:19:11 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Found a small error for Ragna:
His EXA move sprites are using default palette instead of custom. I tested it with my Gintoki palette.
https://streamable.com/cvmndz
#972  June 20, 2022, 07:24:09 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Just a quick question, but have consider making a "KFM" template?
#973  June 20, 2022, 08:34:44 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#974  June 20, 2022, 08:56:49 am
    • USA
Here is my feedback mostly regarding the Exceed Accels:

Ragna:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Seed of Tatarus should be the other way around (The strong wall bounce when the opponent hits the wall and the normal shockwave when they touch the ground).

Kirby:
-The white background starts flickering after a few frames during both versions of Crash! (Seems to be a bug on 1.0 as it's not behaving that way with the clips you provided previously).
-For the Done For animation, the stage music should stop temporary until the death theme ends (I just realized it does that in the source games. Also, the same applies to Shantae too. Thought I let you know now since you haven't updated her yet).
-Sinon is listed twice on the copy abilities list (I can't think of another character named that other than the one from Sword Art Online).
-Blissful Adachi should have the Ranger copy ability (Can be put next to "Happy Chaos" since he shares his moveset).
-Kimono Asuna should be added next to "Asuna".
-Bonne Jenet should be added next to "B Jenet".
-T. Hawk doesn't have a variation without the space.

I was kinda worried about Kamui_Kanjai's list that you would accidentally duplicate some characters as most of them were listed already. I know that using parentheses doesn't magically make a specific character work as that's dependent on the author and how they name the character on the def.

Yu:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Lightening Flash should be the other way around.
-Also, I think it should be spelled "Lightning Flash" as Lightening doesn't have a good ring to it.

Susano'o:
-The first strong ground shockwave on Execution of the Heretic is layered incorrectly.

Heart:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Ouranio Toxo should be the other way around.

Jin:
-The icicle effects on Gekka Hyourou are lacking transparancy.

Hyde:
-The orbiter effect when it explodes on Dark Lotus Anthesis causes a changed to invalid action 460 debug error.

Thief:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Moonsoon should be the other way around.

Piranha Plant:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Packun! should be the other way around.

Lina:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Devian Buzzsaw should be the other way around.

Hilda:
-All the hits with the exception of the first one in Submersion have no envshake in them.

Shana:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on the non-NOY version of Hono no Tsubasa should be the other way around.

Merkava:
-All the hits in I, Incerinate have no envshake in them.

For the Exceed Accels that hit the wall before touching the ground, I personally think it should be reversed as they add more oomph to it. Hopefully you'll remember adjusting the layering and add the envshake for the strong wall bounce.

Overall, the EXA update is great. The Burst is much better for survival mode as I constantly spam Ultra Burst every round when low just to refill health previously. The new Burst revision prevents that and will allow me to use other Burst options. Although, it will be a tad annoying that I will have to keep adjusting the def every time I need to update for 1.0. But hopefully, the Burst files won't have to be updated since it is a completely separate cns now.

Edit: Oh by the way since your next character is Dead Apostle Noel, where is the small portrait from? I noticed it looks different as it doesn't look like her main portrait used in the character select screen. Kind of looks like the one from her win screen. Thought I ask and no point to rework it again since you made it already as it still looks great.

Just a quick question, but have consider making a "KFM" template?
He already said that he won't at this time. And even if he does, it might become obsolete if bugs are found later on.

And some responses on some old posts as I wanted to type it along with the feedback:
I see. If it's alright with you, could you perhaps share it please? Either the png or psd is fine. I'm just trying to keep my characters consistent with yours.
I second that as well. Otherwise, we are kinda stuck using a cut in that will not fit with yours or the ones I'll be testing with.

Honestly, special intros with characters that are not my own are very low priority right now, especially with working on the EXA update for everyone on top of my unreleased projects. I'd rather just be focusing on my own work rather than what other people decide to do with their work.
Guess you might as well cut the BBTAG ones since they're mostly edited to make them work with 1v1 and were originally interactions with their partners in mind. I could make patches to add those interactions in, but that's not my priority either and that would also require updating those having Japanese voices too. But even if I do, I would only do the ones that are source accurate in mind like the Dengeki Bunko or Melty Blood characters.
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:06:36 pm by ZolidSone
#975  June 20, 2022, 10:37:44 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
So, on Faust, I found it off that his Exceed Accel didn't have the screen invert in colors when he struck the opponent's butt.
#976  June 20, 2022, 01:18:01 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
One bug I found with Dedede is his Ultraburst uses 2 Super FX (from the fightfx file):

I also updated MetaKnights' Japanese soundpack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m1Ghb_cfXrXWIxsxE_ZfQJs3EIxvDYCe/view?usp=sharing to go along with the EXA system update. If anything is missing or misplaced, ask me whenever possible.
Thank You.

and don't worry, both Faust and Pyra will be updated as soon as possible (Hopefully finding their new-ly added sfx for them won't be a hassle XD ).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#977  June 20, 2022, 06:46:57 pm
    • USA

All fixed. With the exception of

-For the Done For animation, the stage music should stop temporary until the death theme ends (I just realized it does that in the source games. Also, the same applies to Shantae too. Thought I let you know now since you haven't updated her yet).

I was never a fan of having the BGM interrupted in fighting games unless it's for something like an Astral Heat, so omitting the music stop was a conscious decision.

Along with these bugs, there was another where Negative Penalty wouldn't end Ultra Burst when it was currently active, so that has been fixed too.

The links for the recently updated Voice patches have also been updated on the site.

Oh by the way since your next character is Dead Apostle Noel, where is the small portrait from? I noticed it looks different as it doesn't look like her main portrait used in the character select screen. Kind of looks like the one from her win screen. Thought I ask and no point to rework it again since you made it already as it still looks great.

It is from one of her win screen portraits. And the same portrait will also be used for her big portrait as well.

I see. If it's alright with you, could you perhaps share it please? Either the png or psd is fine. I'm just trying to keep my characters consistent with yours.
I second that as well. Otherwise, we are kinda stuck using a cut in that will not fit with yours or the ones I'll be testing with.

The cut-in template has already been shared via PM.

So, on Faust, I found it off that his Exceed Accel didn't have the screen invert in colors when he struck the opponent's butt.

I have tried using the invert effect and it did not work well with the Exceed Accel background, so I have omitted it.
#978  June 20, 2022, 08:58:14 pm
I'm hyped for hot dead apostle noel... not gonna lie!
#979  June 21, 2022, 05:53:30 am
    • USA
2nd feedback as I missed one by mistake, an issue that still happens on 1.0 and the other still has the incorrect layering after the fix:

Mai:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm should be the other way around.

Kirby:
-The white background on Crash! still seems to be flicking on 1.0.

Piranha Plant:
-The shockwave and the wall bounce on Packun! are not layered correctly.

For those I haven't mentioned and are fixed with the correct fightfx effects and layering, I noticed that you also forgot to add envshake on the strong wall bounces too. But I don't think it's too important and only adds to the oomph. You could also increase the staggering when they hit the wall as it still feels like a normal wall bounce with just the sound and aesthetics of a strong one.

I was never a fan of having the BGM interrupted in fighting games unless it's for something like an Astral Heat, so omitting the music stop was a conscious decision.
That's fine. It was something I noticed a long time ago, but didn't bother asking about it until now.

It is from one of her win screen portraits. And the same portrait will also be used for her big portrait as well.
So it's more of a personal preference to use that one instead. Don't bother making the original as an alternate since I know how time consuming it takes to make a small portrait. Only the Smash characters makes more sense to have it to keep them consistent with each other. I can do it in your behalf close to release if the demand is there.

The cut-in template has already been shared via PM.
Alright, I'll PM Ichida or Resentone about it if I'm interested. But most likely won't as I'll opt to something more custom for me.
Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 06:50:48 am by ZolidSone
#980  June 21, 2022, 07:01:47 am
    • USA
Kirby:
-The white background on Crash! still seems to be flicking on 1.0.

Really? I just tried it out on my 1.0 and I'm not getting any flickering. You may want to try downloading him again.

The other two issues been fixed and I have also decided to add a little envshake to the Exceed Accel wallbounces.