YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1869705 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Alex outta nowhere!) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1361  February 22, 2023, 12:09:13 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Alex updated today!

- Some Palette Changes.
- You can now special cancel from Stand HP and Lariat like in SFV.
- Lariat startup frames increased to prevent Flash Chop loops.
- Slash Elbow loses the extra launch during CC.
- EX Air Knee Smash juggle limit increased on the 1st hit, excluding after EX Flash Chop and Slash Elbow.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1362  February 22, 2023, 05:12:12 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

#1363  February 23, 2023, 12:42:09 am
    • UK

Gotcha. New update!

- Brought back PotS Air Guarding.
- Fixed Special Cancelling into Headbutt/Sleeper Hold.
- Added Lariat's special CC Dampener to Slash Elbow.
WIP Schedule:
#1364  February 23, 2023, 02:48:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Shit, dude. Sorry to crash into this party so late, but I DID notice something about Alex you need to attend to.
-You forgot to add the effects' colors in majority of his palettes. Perhaps in all that you didn't set in Alex by default.
#1365  February 23, 2023, 03:16:33 am
    • UK

Shit, dude. Sorry to crash into this party so late, but I DID notice something about Alex you need to attend to.
-You forgot to add the effects' colors in majority of his palettes. Perhaps in all that you didn't set in Alex by default.

Darn. Fixed in a matter of seconds. Redownload.

Edit: Another Quick Update
- Altered the PosAdd for Stand HK and Flash Chop to prevent opponents passing through them.
- Stand HP given more startup and Heavy Flash Chop given a bit less turn time to prevent linking into near-meterless combos with absurd damage.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 01:57:05 pm by RagingRowen
(DW's Morrigan & Lilith) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1366  April 15, 2023, 05:21:11 pm
    • UK

Morrigan & Lilith released!

Not much else to say, but I think the PotS-lads will appreciate the changes.
Like with the Rock edit, I replaced Tiny Buffering with EXPLODsive Buffering which I believe will surely be appreciated, that's for sure!

Give them a download and see for yourself!
WIP Schedule:
Re: (DW's Morrigan & Lilith) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1367  April 15, 2023, 05:57:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Morrigan & Lilith released!

Not much else to say, but I think the PotS-lads will appreciate the changes.
Like with the Rock edit, I replaced Tiny Buffering with EXPLODsive Buffering which I believe will surely be appreciated, that's for sure!

Give them a download and see for yourself!

Very good news!
I'm glad to have both in similar style and also the fact Lilith use Japanese voice instead of the strange english one she had in the other version.

Not tested in deep, but I noticed Lilith have some color problems in her LK. Possibly in other sprites.
Also, looks a bit strange that she use walk forward animation for walk backward as well. (Not sure of the source game)

I continue to test.
#1368  April 15, 2023, 06:06:27 pm
    • UK

Not tested in deep, but I noticed Lilith have some color problems in her LK. Possibly in other sprites.
Also, looks a bit strange that she use walk forward animation for walk backward as well. (Not sure of the source game)

I continue to test.

Yeah the shading is kinda funky in places, and I noticed Lilith does in fact has unique walk back sprites in the source game, but that's just down to what's in the SFF, sadly.
I did hear that the spriteset for Lilith was incomplete, so funkiness should be expected...
WIP Schedule:
#1369  April 15, 2023, 06:51:19 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Morrigan?! I gotta this out!! :O
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#1370  April 15, 2023, 08:50:26 pm
    • USA

I don't really have much to say here because divinewolf stuff is actually a passable base but I will still say stuff mostly related to presentation and how things are arranged

Morrigan/general:
  • Would replacing the cvs2 slash sounds with the slash sounds found in other pots style characters make it more consistent? I don't really mind it but I feel like it would be jarring to some people
  • I feel like shell kick should be for EX morrigan only because you disabled valkyrie turn in that mode and it would be an interesting trade to make the actual kick from that move a command normal there
  • Maybe keeping finishing shower to EX morrigan does make sense but I don't get why it wouldn't replace the upgraded soul fist in that mode. It's way more unique than the upgraded soul fist but I think morrigan had the upgraded soul fist in cvs2 so it couldn't be replaced in the normal mode
  • Why does morrigan call lilith when she does her illusion move while lilith calls out a clone? I think it'd make sense if morrigan called out a clone as well since that's what she usually does with the illusion move
Lilith
  • Pursuit Stomp still uses a cross edge voice clip. That and I feel like it probably shouldn't be there since morrigan doesn't have a pursuit attack and most of the other cvs darkstalker conversions (not counting pots lei-lei or jman darkstalker stuff) don't have their pursuits
  • Lilith usually says "temptation!" when she does splendor love and for some reason that's not here : (
#1371  April 15, 2023, 10:53:06 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Morrigan's AI sometimes try to change to state 1600, which returns 'invalid state' in Debug.
Lilith has debug flood when using dodge, I'm guessing it has something to do with Tiny Buffer.

I'm mostly happy that Morrigan now has AI, if you accept one suggestion, I think Zzyzzyx's AI is a bit unfair sometimes, as it reads too much inputs. If you consider lowering the random numbers in the conditions it would help to make the AI feel more 'human'. This is mostly for Lilith, when I put her in watch mode against other chars she wins 9 out of 10 matches. Just a suggestion :P
#1372  April 15, 2023, 11:55:35 pm
    • UK

I'll see about fixing/attending to this feedback soon, thanks.

• I feel like shell kick should be for EX morrigan only because you disabled valkyrie turn in that mode and it would be an interesting trade to make the actual kick from that move a command normal there
Well Shell Kick was in CvS2, so it will remain in Normal Mode. I could easily keep it in EX Mode, but I might perhaps make it a special like how it was in some games, giving the kick button some better use.

• Maybe keeping finishing shower to EX morrigan does make sense but I don't get why it wouldn't replace the upgraded soul fist in that mode. It's way more unique than the upgraded soul fist but I think morrigan had the upgraded soul fist in cvs2 so it couldn't be replaced in the normal mode
I could easily make FS the MAX Soul Phoenix replacement in EX Mode, like how Silhouette replaces MAX Cardinal, if that's what you're asking for.
I kinda wanna give Soul Phoenix the added aiming angles for EX Mode, but I think that would be giving it a lil' too much.

• Why does morrigan call lilith when she does her illusion move while lilith calls out a clone? I think it'd make sense if morrigan called out a clone as well since that's what she usually does with the illusion move
If I was up for it, I could make it a clone instead for consistency.

• Pursuit Stomp still uses a cross edge voice clip. That and I feel like it probably shouldn't be there since morrigan doesn't have a pursuit attack and most of the other cvs darkstalker conversions (not counting pots lei-lei or jman darkstalker stuff) don't have their pursuits
Well it would be nice to give Morrigan more specials, so I'd like to give her Pursuit, but maybe on Normal mode so EX isn't getting so much...
WIP Schedule:
#1373  April 16, 2023, 12:46:11 am
    • USA

Well Shell Kick was in CvS2, so it will remain in Normal Mode. I could easily keep it in EX Mode, but I might perhaps make it a special like how it was in some games, giving the kick button some better use.
I booted up CvS2 since I had it ready and yeah you're right, she does have it. Since that's the case I would just leave it as is for both modes

I could easily make FS the MAX Soul Phoenix replacement in EX Mode, like how Silhouette replaces MAX Cardinal, if that's what you're asking for.
I kinda wanna give Soul Phoenix the added aiming angles for EX Mode, but I think that would be giving it a lil' too much.
My idea was to have the EX mode completely replace soul phoenix with finishing shower, giving it a level 1 variation and having it use the same command. My idea for that was primarily because it was her main zoning super/ES in Vsav (even though it wasn't very good in that game) and that it was a much better concept than just "soul fist but better"
#1374  April 22, 2023, 10:12:28 pm
  • For me, it was Tuesday.
    • Ireland

Your powers shall feed my ambitions nicely!
#1375  April 23, 2023, 10:39:33 am
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
#1376  April 23, 2023, 10:45:39 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
What makes CvS2 more "source" than Marvel for this particular character, though?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1377  April 23, 2023, 11:40:38 am
    • UK

What makes CvS2 more "source" than Marvel for this particular character, though?

Sharper audio I guess? I guess Classic is a better and more general-sounding term here.
WIP Schedule:
#1378  June 03, 2023, 09:06:41 pm
    • UK

Quick stealth update for M. Bison, adding compatibility with Karma's Iori update. PotS helped me with it, since it was acting hella funny when I tried to add it, making it not play against the Orochi and Claw modes.

Be alert that it may become obsolete if Karma decides to make a patch for him, keeping in mind that it's a fresh release as of posting this.
WIP Schedule:
#1379  June 03, 2023, 11:26:11 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Quick stealth update for M. Bison, adding compatibility with Karma's Iori update. PotS helped me with it, since it was acting hella funny when I tried to add it, making it not play against the Orochi and Claw modes.

Be alert that it may become obsolete if Karma decides to make a patch for him, keeping in mind that it's a fresh release as of posting this.

are you planning to make ikemen go version?
(Small Ryu Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1380  July 10, 2023, 01:53:45 am
    • UK

Ryu updated with some minor adjustments.
I got the kick to make a few tweaks today, and the most substantial is probably making Denjin Hadouken and Metsu Hadouken Level 2s. Here's a taste of it with Metsu: https://streamable.com/re1ybt
WIP Schedule: