YesNoOk

R.I.P. Randomselect (Now With Archive) (Read 20003 times)

Started by Cyborg Sun, October 08, 2019, 01:25:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: R.I.P. Randomselect
#21  October 11, 2019, 01:25:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thinkingemoji.png

A few years back KFM claimed he was going to lose his hosting and needed unbanning to say "goodbye to people"
Bea then supplied the tools and me and her made him a copy of the site to be a backup, but he wouldnt get unbanned.

it then turned out to be another of his schemes and since he didnt get unbanned he returned to his affairs.

So anyway heres random select archives from a few years back
http://network.mugenguild.com/rs/

I cant reasonably tell when this was taken, but I hope it helps someone.
Re: R.I.P. Randomselect
#22  October 11, 2019, 01:52:08 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
thinkingemoji.png

A few years back KFM claimed he was going to lose his hosting and needed unbanning to say "goodbye to people"
Bea then supplied the tools and me and her made him a copy of the site to be a backup, but he wouldnt get unbanned.

it then turned out to be another of his schemes and since he didnt get unbanned he returned to his affairs.

So anyway heres random select archives from a few years back
http://network.mugenguild.com/rs/

I cant reasonably tell when this was taken, but I hope it helps someone.

That's quite helpful (Since I don't know the extent of what the Wayback Machine saved). Thanks for this link, Iced! I might edit this into the first post.
Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:56:08 am by Cyborg Sun
Re: R.I.P. Randomselect (Now With Archive)
#23  October 17, 2019, 02:17:18 am
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
BRUH... I was just on RandomSelect the other day downloading Mike Obrecht's characters, its a darn shame to see RandomSelect disappear, but ya know... all good things come to an end.
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#24  October 19, 2019, 04:14:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Sorry, but I don't feel so bad about this, sice RS was dead since years ago and the only was left was the website that already has lost content that you can got access from Wayback machine already, it was a matter of time that the site got down eventually.

However, it was a good website with a lot of stuff (not just characters and stages, also resources and screenpacks) and it was a referent in these days. Good to know Iced already had a backup for the site, since though Web Archive got a copy with downloads working, that should last like a year or less before those files become unavailable eventually (because WBM needs space to keep more websites in general and the downloads are the first casualties)

So now I can say properly... RIP RandomSelect, you were a good site after all and you'll be never forgotten...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#25  October 20, 2019, 07:05:11 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i'm more shocked that the wesbite was alive for so long and thought it had died years ago!

more importantly, there goes ironmangos stuff, oh well.

i'm more concerned as to where to go to get sion's castlevania fighter-tingy... is that thing even still active?
#26  October 21, 2019, 04:12:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#27  October 22, 2019, 08:47:41 pm
i'm more concerned as to where to go to get sion's castlevania fighter-tingy... is that thing even still active?
I think people are only hosting the version without malware nowadays.
I recall Serio saying he left the source code for Castlevania Fighter in his forum back in February, but recently his entire site has been shut down so now we can't even get to the link to that either.
#28  October 23, 2019, 02:13:53 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i believe i may have the most recent build of the castlevania fighter lying around on my HDD if anyone needs it.
#29  October 23, 2019, 02:54:57 am
  • I'm a llama!
i believe i may have the most recent build of the castlevania fighter lying around on my HDD if anyone needs it.

Please upload that Castlevania build. I only have the early beta versions on my pc........Thanks!   :sugoi:
MEGA download link
#30  October 23, 2019, 03:12:26 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
It seems I forgot to include the MEGA link for Serio's CV stuff in my original post.

Boom.
#31  October 23, 2019, 06:36:38 am
  • I'm a llama!
Hmmm... Guess I should have read the earlier posts....there is malware all over these files (good thing my anti-virus is up to date)
#32  February 13, 2024, 06:20:22 am
  • ReiBlu
  • Nothing [Personel Text] kid.
    • Chile
Only teabag the teabaggers unless being evil is fun for you.