YesNoOk

[Shim's Thread]: Jaiden Animations, Nicole and Marceline W.I.P.s (Read 31413 times)

Started by シム (Shim), May 07, 2022, 11:09:52 am
Share this topic:
[Shim's Thread]: Jaiden Animations, Nicole and Marceline W.I.P.s
#1  May 07, 2022, 11:09:52 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Welcome to Shim's Workshop Cave, or Shim's W.I.P. thread...

Its been a while since I posted here, but, now I'll show two new character W.I.P.s...

Marceline Abadeer
Adventure Time

Nicole Watterson
The Amazing World of Gumball

For both girls, they're introducing a new gameplay style I made, which I call "Gen 2", this one, draws inspiration from the Senran Kagura series of games, so their commands are anime-styled, have mechanics such as an air ground smash, which works similar to those from the Senran Kagura series, and some stuff inspired by my friend Nep-heart, like air-dashing, and one-button dodging. Additionally including a Palette selection option. As for the visuals, I took many effects from Nep-heart and OHMSBY, and as for the gameplay's sounds, they're also taken from the Senran Kagura games.

Now, here's some screenshots showing the gameplay style:

Western cartoon characters with anime-styled gameplay... cool huh?

Answers to any questions and feedback is welcome.
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 09:13:33 am by シム (Shim)
Re: Shim's Workshop Cave [Nicole and Marceline W.I.P.s]
#2  May 07, 2022, 06:21:00 pm
They both look cool.
Honest question: Will they be 6 button characters?
#3  May 07, 2022, 06:55:24 pm
  • I'm the Crazy Evil
  • Paramore is awesome AF
    • Argentina
Nice! I like that Nicole
#4  May 07, 2022, 09:14:28 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
I should interested this project, yet this spriteart looks cool.
#5  May 08, 2022, 01:53:40 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
They both look cool.
Honest question: Will they be 6 button characters?

Three-buttoned for Normals, and another three buttons for mechanics, like Grab, Dodging and Air ground smash.

Support me on PayPal!
#6  May 09, 2022, 12:38:31 am
    • USA
Hey Shim, these characters are pretty cool and I like the anime style concept behind them, especially Nicole since she had a full on anime fight scene in the show she was from. And also do you plan on showing some gameplay teasers down the road and will the characters have aggressive ai? Because I would love to see these gals go up against other cool gals like Arcueid Brunestud and Felicia. Also what was the inspiration process behind creating these two wonderful gals of the night?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#7  May 09, 2022, 02:02:49 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Hey Shim, these characters are pretty cool and I like the anime style concept behind them, especially Nicole since she had a full on anime fight scene in the show she was from. And also do you plan on showing some gameplay teasers down the road and will the characters have aggressive ai? Because I would love to see these gals go up against other cool gals like Arcueid Brunestud and Felicia. Also what was the inspiration process behind creating these two wonderful gals of the night?

I will one day do gameplay teasers on both, as for AI, I'm not that good at making AIs, so I do my best...

As for the inspiration, Nicole and Marcy were planned since many years, like 2013, but were never made, and now they're have very good progress.

Support me on PayPal!
Re: [Shim's Thread]: Jaiden Animations, Nicole and Marceline W.I.P.s
#8  May 13, 2022, 09:14:26 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Yesterday was the day of a reveal...

That's-a right! Third W.I.P. is... Jaiden Animations!! She was a commission, making her the first MUGEN commission work I do!

Jaiden Animations

Her moveset will consist of moves referencing her cool vids.

And yep, she's the third Gen 2 char from me ;)

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 09:41:40 am by シム (Shim)
#9  May 16, 2022, 11:55:12 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Ah man, you should make a game vs YouTuber animators! You have no idea that has had this idea for a long time! Lilly, Chaos, and Rebbeca Parumm.

Nijisanji Vs. Holo Live & Stars! I hope someone makes a mugen game out of that!
#10  May 17, 2022, 02:15:17 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Indeed, very cool :8): great projecxts you have, I'll be looking for them, good luck :D

(not that's interesting but always I wanted to make Johny Bravo but never concreted some sprites to do it)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#11  May 18, 2022, 12:38:15 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Indeed, very cool :8): great projecxts you have, I'll be looking for them, good luck :D

(not that's interesting but always I wanted to make Johny Bravo but never concreted some sprites to do it)

Thanks!

A custom-sprited Johnny Bravo would be pretty neat than the Hulk sprite edit out there, and is one of my wished chars.

Support me on PayPal!
#12  May 18, 2022, 07:21:48 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
A custom-sprited Johnny Bravo would be pretty neat than the Hulk sprite edit out there, and is one of my wished chars.
I tried once to do something like that

As a single edit, it looks so cool, as a char project not so much, it would be great if someone else can do this a reality

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#13  July 15, 2022, 09:51:47 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
I tried once to do something like that

As a single edit, it looks so cool, as a char project not so much, it would be great if someone else can do this a reality

I heard from fewer years you wanted to collaborate with Mugen Toons before it felt abandoned nowadays. It felt it has been ten years I had to trace his sprite to be smoother.

I just realized from what I remembered to make Johnny's sprite since lately 2012, it feels like it has been taken ten years ago before to retrace his sprite more polishable.

Re: [Shim's Thread]: KHII Kairi and .GIFfany W.I.P.s
#14  November 09, 2023, 10:54:24 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
I came back to announce two new W.I.P.s of mine I've worked for months, since its two characters.

Kairi
Kingdom Hearts

.GIFfany
Gravity Falls

Both girls were commissioned by two friends, and two have a distinct play style; Kairi is Gen 2-styled, and .GIFfany is KoF2002UM-styled.

Kairi's moveset is based on her KHIII ReMind appearance, while her normals are based on Sora, and her personality is based on her KHII manga appearance, including her portraits, so expect some kawaii stuff on her, if you read the manga that is. Her design is based on her KHII design, as requested by my client, as well as my preference... popular opinion. She will also have an element special that'll change by a command, influenced by Nep heart's Neptune and inspired by Sora in Smash.

.GIFfany's a collaboration with Garfieldfan, moveset has inspiration from her source episode Soos and the Real Girl, and some original moves that fit for her character, including electric-based moves, and some Japanese references in the mix.
The fact we made this character is a reference on the fact she's got trapped inside the arcade of Fight Fighters after the events of Soos and the Real Girl according to the Journal 3 official book.

Support me on PayPal!