YesNoOk

Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (01/01/2022) (Read 15901 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, November 30, 2021, 05:43:21 pm
Share this topic:
Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (01/01/2022)
#1  November 30, 2021, 05:43:21 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Angel updated.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)

Haohmaru updated.

Q updated.

Rugal updated.

Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:02:46 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Q released, Angel and Rugal updated
#2  November 30, 2021, 06:17:22 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Damn he’s a real Q-T pie.

Okay I deserve to die for that one.

In all seriousness I’ll make sure to try him when I get off work. The screenshots are very compelling and I’ve been excited since the first reveal. All hail Q!
#3  November 30, 2021, 06:40:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
3 great news in a post!
Thanks for sharing!

So you also converted the old Angel palettes to be compatible with the CS SFF?
#4  November 30, 2021, 08:28:24 pm
My new main has arrived, it is time !
#5  November 30, 2021, 09:23:10 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#6  November 30, 2021, 09:59:29 pm
  • Why,
Oh... there already at some Q but that ... well... it see at like Q bee! Cool!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#7  November 30, 2021, 10:21:26 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
That was fast, Great Release. I made a video using your Q and Rugal. Enjoy!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#8  December 01, 2021, 09:06:07 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Feedback on Q:
-Palette (1,4) is not the default SF3 palette that matches the small portrait on the select screen (Or it is not using the LK.act palette).
-The backwards dash has two pixels on the bottom left of his sprites (105,1).
-Standing HP is missing the stomp sound for the envshake used on the taunt and the crouching HP (It feels lackluster without it).
-The hitspark and guard spark of standing HK is misaligned.
-His Dashing Straight, Dashing Head Attack and Dashing Leg Attack could use sliding dust at the end of their animations.
-Vicious Impact has a normal ground shockwave and sound alongside the strong one when the opponent hits the ground.
-There is a normal ground shockwave and sound instead of the strong one when the opponent hits the ground from the 2nd hit of Deadly Double Combination.

That should be it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#9  December 01, 2021, 08:07:14 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
This is more of a strange thing I noticed from using him in Ikemen's tag system, so it may not be relevant but figured I would mention it. Currently in the latest Ikemen, I noticed when he's a tag partner and he's off screen, he starts playing his breathing sound when he's not actively in combat. Solid release so far, Q's always been a favourite and you did a great job on him!
Re: Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (04/12/2021)
#10  December 04, 2021, 11:39:44 am
    • Germany
-Palette (1,4) is not the default SF3 palette that matches the small portrait on the select screen (Or it is not using the LK.act palette).
Fixed.
-The backwards dash has two pixels on the bottom left of his sprites (105,1).
Fixed. Can you believe this is a small mistake on the actual game files? :O
-Standing HP is missing the stomp sound for the envshake used on the taunt and the crouching HP (It feels lackluster without it).
Added stomp sound, sounds indeed better this way.
-The hitspark and guard spark of standing HK is misaligned.
It is tricky to align. I aligned it to match the frame that plays thru the hitpause of that anim.
-His Dashing Straight, Dashing Head Attack and Dashing Leg Attack could use sliding dust at the end of their animations.
I tried and while it worked for regular Dash Punch, I couldn't fit it with the overhead variant at all x.x
-Vicious Impact has a normal ground shockwave and sound alongside the strong one when the opponent hits the ground.
It's a strong one when he hits the ground, and another one when landing from the bounce.
-There is a normal ground shockwave and sound instead of the strong one when the opponent hits the ground from the 2nd hit of Deadly Double Combination.
Fixed.

That should be it.
Thanks, mister :)

This is more of a strange thing I noticed from using him in Ikemen's tag system, so it may not be relevant but figured I would mention it. Currently in the latest Ikemen, I noticed when he's a tag partner and he's off screen, he starts playing his breathing sound when he's not actively in combat. Solid release so far, Q's always been a favourite and you did a great job on him!
Fixed!

Q, Rugal, Angel, and now Haohmaru, were all updated. The four of them experimented small tweaks in line with recent changes of the PotS system (shout outs to Jmorphman hitting me up for those). Q got all the mentioned reported bugs fixed. Haohmaru, on the other hand, while still being the same in terms of gameplay design, experimented a huge revamp on all of his hitboxes to match a fairly recent discovery made regarding hurtbox and hitbox data from CvS2.

Angel updated.

Haohmaru updated.

Q updated.

Rugal updated.

#11  December 04, 2021, 11:52:06 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Awesome!!!
Also, I cusrious to have more informations about this discover for CVS hitboxes...

Also... Wait, Did I saw some RB Mary in the line ???
The hype is already here... My fav design of hers.

Sigh...... I definitely wish I code as fast and as good as you, and JM etc. ^^
#12  December 04, 2021, 12:22:39 pm
    • Germany
I forgot to answer you, Ned. Yes, I did!

Also, I cusrious to have more informations about this discover for CVS hitboxes...
While labbing CvS2 a couple months ago for accuracy, I've noticed the internal CvS2 data had discrepancies with its execution. This was because the game was internally coded to be 358x224 game resized to 320x240. Because of this, we had to take the horizontal movement data ripped and scale it to match the change from 358 to 320. I documented that here and notified Jesuszilla about it.

JZ kept investigating this issue and while studying Chang, he found out that the same interpretation made over horizontal movement needed to be made over hitboxes too. Because of this, all this time, we were ripping hurtboxes and hitboxes data were 1.11875 smaller than they should. Rugal came after this discovery was made, so he had the boxes updated mid development. Meanwhile, Angel and Q used custom box design which means they were not affected by this. Haohmaru was the only one that needed the update really badly, and I didn't have the time to revamp the .air up until now.

But now he's out!
#13  December 04, 2021, 01:02:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I forgot to answer you, Ned. Yes, I did!

While labbing CvS2 a couple months ago for accuracy, I've noticed the internal CvS2 data had discrepancies with its execution. This was because the game was internally coded to be 358x224 game resized to 320x240. Because of this, we had to take the horizontal movement data ripped and scale it to match the change from 358 to 320. I documented that here and notified Jesuszilla about it.

JZ kept investigating this issue and while studying Chang, he found out that the same interpretation made over horizontal movement needed to be made over hitboxes too. Because of this, all this time, we were ripping hurtboxes and hitboxes data were 1.11875 smaller than they should. Rugal came after this discovery was made, so he had the boxes updated mid development. Meanwhile, Angel and Q used custom box design which means they were not affected by this. Haohmaru was the only one that needed the update really badly, and I didn't have the time to revamp the .air up until now.

But now he's out!

No problem.
By checking the update, I can see the palettes are still compatible (updated)
Good move considering the very good palettes some guys provided!

About CVS2 data. This is a good news.
It's always nice to have more precise/accurate datas for conversions.
#14  December 04, 2021, 03:08:36 pm

- Missing required animation 100.

- Not a fan of easy cancellable crouching light kicks. Not sure if it's intended.
You can cancel the c.lk before it even connects.

- Back standing heavy punch makes the enemy fall: in source it doesn't, so I think it shouldn't in this version.

- Probably intentional, the Dashing Head Attack makes the enemy fall down while it doesn't in the source.

- I think a screenbound state controller in the "falling from above" intro (state 192) should be put there so that when the round starts the camera doesn't move and "get fixed".

- There are many expressions truncated to integer in the "falling from above" intro (state 192) in the debug messages.

- Custom combo:
on p2's side, pressing forward + punch will make him do the dash punch. Remember: just forward + punch, meaning there is no need to press back to do the back,forward motion and then press punch.
I know the custom combo removes the charge aspect of certain attacks and specials, but in this case it completely removes the back portion.
On p2's side.

On p1's side it works correctly.

- Custom combo:
to deal a lot of damage during the custom combo, you can just press back+standing medium punch. It deals a lot more damage than any other combo. Just wanted to mention it.

- If Deadly Double Combination's first attack gets parried, the move stops there. In the source Q continues to attack.

- Speaking of it and its MAX version, there are expressions truncated to integer there too.
In the MAX version, if it gets guarded normally there's debug flood (probably because Q stops there for a while). This debug flood mentions the change to invalid action 3150 (state 3150).

- Even the Capture & Deadly Blow (HCB, any kick) has expressions truncated to integer.

Basically it's all the posadds you added in the moves which are multiplied by the const(size.x scale). Adding ceil or floor should fix that.

- Crouching heavy punch shouldn't be defendable from the idle position, you need to guard low.

- The second attack of the EX Dashing Leg Attack should be guardable from the idle position instead of low.

- You can't go to the taunt from the back standing heavy kick.
- But you can do a Dashing Leg Attack / Dashing Straight from back standing heavy punch. :S
Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:32:36 pm by AlexSin
Re: Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (05/12/2021)
#15  December 05, 2021, 12:40:10 am
    • Germany
Thank you so much for all the feedback <3
- Missing required animation 100.
- Fixed. Added a Run animation with this update.
- Not a fan of easy cancellable crouching light kicks. Not sure if it's intended.
You can cancel the c.lk before it even connects.
- Fixed. It was meant to be special/super cancelable, no mash cancelable.
- Back standing heavy punch makes the enemy fall: in source it doesn't, so I think it shouldn't in this version.
- Fixed. Now it's -1 on hit/block.
- Probably intentional, the Dashing Head Attack makes the enemy fall down while it doesn't in the source.
- This is indeed intentional.
- I think a screenbound state controller in the "falling from above" intro (state 192) should be put there so that when the round starts the camera doesn't move and "get fixed".
- Added.
- There are many expressions truncated to integer in the "falling from above" intro (state 192) in the debug messages.
- Fixed all of them! 1.1 doesn't report you expressions truncated :O
- Custom combo:
on p2's side, pressing forward + punch will make him do the dash punch. Remember: just forward + punch, meaning there is no need to press back to do the back,forward motion and then press punch.
I know the custom combo removes the charge aspect of certain attacks and specials, but in this case it completely removes the back portion.
On p2's side.
On p1's side it works correctly.
- Fixed.
- Custom combo:
to deal a lot of damage during the custom combo, you can just press back+standing medium punch. It deals a lot more damage than any other combo. Just wanted to mention it.
- Added a dampener.
- If Deadly Double Combination's first attack gets parried, the move stops there. In the source Q continues to attack.
- This is intentional. The move is still dead on parry.
- In the MAX version, if it gets guarded normally there's debug flood (probably because Q stops there for a while). This debug flood mentions the change to invalid action 3150 (state 3150).
- Fixed.
- Crouching heavy punch shouldn't be defendable from the idle position, you need to guard low.
- Fixed.
- The second attack of the EX Dashing Leg Attack should be guardable from the idle position instead of low.
- Fixed.
- You can't go to the taunt from the back standing heavy kick.
- Fixed. PotS characters usually can't cancel normal moves into Taunt, but since Q's Taunt is super integral to his gameplay, you can now exceptionally special cancel into taunts.
- But you can do a Dashing Leg Attack / Dashing Straight from back standing heavy punch. :S
- Fixed. You could also do it on the landing states of Standing Heavy Punch and Crouching Heavy Kick. It was an oversight on the kara cancel code.

Thank you so much once again for testing this guy and giving me all this feedback <3

Q updated. All of the feedback and more was addressed.
#16  December 05, 2021, 11:55:17 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Could not dl genjuro or yang, due to a virus.
#17  December 11, 2021, 09:49:08 am
    • USA
This Q is amazing! A must keep for any serious POTS user. I didn't use Q in 3S, but I did get my ass wooped by my older brother back in the day by Q. Now with Mugen/IKEMEN GO, I'll get a chance to use him and make him shine.

After already loading him into my IKEMEN GO games, some of the fighters in my community are already loving this Q as well, including me. Stay tuned for more actual fight footage in our tournaments, in the near future.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#18  December 26, 2021, 08:44:37 pm
hey just wanted to say your Q is amazing i enjoy playing him alot!
#19  January 01, 2022, 03:04:45 pm
    • Germany
Could not dl genjuro or yang, due to a virus.
This is a false positive! Plenty people were experiencing the same thing with different characters (myself included). I scanned all files with multiple antiviruses and its all safe, don't you worry.
This Q is amazing! A must keep for any serious POTS user. I didn't use Q in 3S, but I did get my ass wooped by my older brother back in the day by Q. Now with Mugen/IKEMEN GO, I'll get a chance to use him and make him shine.

After already loading him into my IKEMEN GO games, some of the fighters in my community are already loving this Q as well, including me. Stay tuned for more actual fight footage in our tournaments, in the near future.
hey just wanted to say your Q is amazing i enjoy playing him alot!
Thank you guys :)

Angel, Q and Rugal were all updated today.

Spoiler: Angel (click to see content)

Spoiler: Q (click to see content)

Spoiler: Rugal (click to see content)
Re: Q, Angel, Haohmaru, and Rugal updated (01/01/2022)
#20  January 01, 2022, 05:33:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks for the updates!
Hope angel is not too nerfed ^^
Good stuffs!