YesNoOk

What Is Your Career/Job? (Read 10979 times)

Started by Predictabo, March 19, 2015, 04:04:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: What Is Your Career/Job?
#21  March 19, 2015, 04:36:33 pm
co-owner liquor store and sideline as photographer at my friend's studio. and if me and my partner have enough time and extra money this year we'll be in food catering business.
#22  March 19, 2015, 06:27:07 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Computer Systems Engineer.

Mog

#23  March 19, 2015, 07:02:09 pm
Full time for the US Department of the Interior, and I teach part time.
#24  March 19, 2015, 07:05:32 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Admin for a defence solicitors
New #25  March 19, 2015, 07:45:45 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
*Removed by user
Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:39:38 am by inktrebuchet
#26  March 19, 2015, 07:55:10 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm insurance broker in a family business (my father has his own company in a future I'll hereby, I guess), but here we work with general insurance only (cars, houses, transport, businesses, etc), so basically I can assure your works guys ;D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#27  March 19, 2015, 08:01:55 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Security at a convention center, only good thing about is i get in expo's for free.
#28  March 19, 2015, 08:10:52 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
information technology, still practise on that bullshit.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#29  March 19, 2015, 08:13:16 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
911 dispatcher.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

Bea

#30  March 19, 2015, 08:18:28 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#31  March 19, 2015, 08:55:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'M A TRUCK DRIVER LOL. I quit Werner today and had a job at Schneider waiting already lol. When you have a Class A CDL, companies fight to hire you. I have no criminal history and good driving record, I'm like a diamond to these companies!

thanks, now I know, schneider did not ring a bell at all because I am from a different country, lol.

since I asked now I'll oblige; computer systems engineering , the past 5 years I have been working on engines, tho 9 months ago I switched jobs from a bankrupt, then resurrected company to a company that's just starting to work more sensible hours as I was pulling 70+ hours weeks including working on weekends/holydays amongst other reasons.
#32  March 19, 2015, 09:22:24 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52
Owner of a Locksmith/Electronic Injection business and also a Parking lot (which is in front of my business)
I will also open a General Electronic fused with a Game Store business, so we can fix Notebooks, cellphones, tablets, motherboards and also work with assistance for consoles

And spriter
#33  March 19, 2015, 09:43:10 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
i make incredibly shitty code that ensures you pay more each month for car & home insurance
#34  March 19, 2015, 11:47:08 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Currently I'm the Billing Manager at a Child Development Agency. Formally an Insurance Agent, a position I am soooo happy to leave behind. Babysitting adults is a massive pain in the ass.
#35  March 20, 2015, 02:28:04 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#36  March 20, 2015, 02:33:08 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nah, I don't really take any of it home. It was unnerving the first couple of months but then it all starts to run together honestly. It's surprising and a little disheartening how much of the same shit happens every day.

Of course it's hard to tell, I could be insane.

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:39:35 am by Speedpreacher
#37  March 20, 2015, 03:37:01 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Technical Analyst aka Software Support Tier 2.5. I talk to the end users, IT staff/programmers/DBAs, the developers, and all those good people usually over the phone. Research problems, determine cause, and come up with solutions.
Since I don't like recommending tedious workarounds I'll rewrite code that causes defects, make utilities, scripts, SQL queries, or restore database backup copies to restore corrupt data en masse to fix issues permanently most of the time. Usually I do it all through desktop share.

The past 2 years I started working on products where I'm not given access to make changes to the code, due to the integration or my department not given the tools to work with it. In addition the databases are typically hosted by other companies, so no access. So I basically tread gray lines, make a lot of guesses, beg developers and third-parties for assistance, and come up with tedious workarounds that piss off everyone, including myself (seriously, the lack of hands on and being forced to make guesses stresses me out like mad), because there is no access to fix the actual problems.

I'd rather be a developer in all honesty. I'm apparently good at working with people, but it's exhausting. As a result of this job, I also found out I'm incapable of lying to people, so I can never do sales... Anyway gotta go getting my knob sucked by my 2 super model girlfriends right now! See you losers later!
#38  March 20, 2015, 03:47:41 am
  • Pon de Replay?
    • USA
    • Skype - MCJimmyCalo
    • mcjimmy.net
Sales associate at a store, and I deliver newspapers on the side for some extra cash. Oh and I make music for commission. Hoping to transfer to the warehouse job for the store soon or I'm waiting for my application to go through in April for a state job. $8.75/hr with an little extra money on the side doesn't cut it in New York to live. That's why I need one of those $15/hr jobs soon I'm applied for.
#39  March 20, 2015, 04:02:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Technical Analyst aka Software Support Tier 2.5. I talk to the end users, IT staff/programmers/DBAs, the developers, and all those good people usually over the phone. Research problems, determine cause, and come up with solutions.
Since I don't like recommending tedious workarounds I'll rewrite code that causes defects, make utilities, scripts, SQL queries, or restore database backup copies to restore corrupt data en masse to fix issues permanently most of the time. Usually I do it all through desktop share.

The past 2 years I started working on products where I'm not given access to make changes to the code, due to the integration or my department not given the tools to work with it. In addition the databases are typically hosted by other companies, so no access. So I basically tread gray lines, make a lot of guesses, beg developers and third-parties for assistance, and come up with tedious workarounds that piss off everyone, including myself (seriously, the lack of hands on and being forced to make guesses stresses me out like mad), because there is no access to fix the actual problems.

I'd rather be a developer in all honesty. I'm apparently good at working with people, but it's exhausting. As a result of this job, I also found out I'm incapable of lying to people, so I can never do sales... Anyway gotta go getting my knob sucked by my 2 super model girlfriends right now! See you losers later!

ouch, I was there 4 years ago; I quit because remember what I said about 70+hour  weeks ? when I was doing this I worked 10 days straight the had a one day break , the hours were 9 am to 10 pm during the day shift or 9 pm to 9 am during the night shift so per week i either worked 7*12 = 84 hours or 6*12 = 72 hours, assuming I did not have to work (unpaid) overtime.
#40  March 20, 2015, 04:06:41 am
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
Security at a convention center, only good thing about is i get in expo's for free.

I still have my unarmed license. As I said, at the Oil Refinery, I made $11.75/he to basically do nothing. That's about 22K in a year. Dumped that for Truck Driving.