YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 748599 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2661  October 08, 2021, 01:16:30 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
If anything, I'm curious what characters they made extended deals with other companies to continue to include said characters in future titles.  Seeing from hearsay most everyone was fine with Ultimate here keeping all prior guest stars except Square.  And then whatever their renegotiated deal was with Sephiroth going forward brought in a truckload more content, as well as also tying into Sora.

Same to all those Mii costumes that certainly took their own extra degree of bartering to get at all in this game, how many of them are being lined up as full fledged characters the next time around?  Doom's resurgence in popularity since 2016 continuing to rise ever since tells me that since Doomguy cleared the biggest hurdle of getting in at all, he's a prime candidate next game.
#2662  October 08, 2021, 01:27:25 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
#2663  October 08, 2021, 01:39:44 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Sakurai's earned the best vacation in history tbh. I know everyone's said that already but fr I hope he's relaxing knowing he's engraved himself as a legend and his hard work paid off.

If they announce a new Smash sometime soon I hope he doesn't return for it. Simply cause he doesn't need that stress.
#2664  October 08, 2021, 02:09:47 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Smash is over.
Well Ultimate will still be featured in tournies officially or not, spirits and gimmick tourneys will still be a thing, FP2 Amiibos are in production with Min Min and Steve/Alex arriving first, maybe a final balance patch.

I'd say it's got a good a year or two left before production begins on the next entry.
If they announce a new Smash sometime soon I hope he doesn't return for it. Simply cause he doesn't need that stress.
I don't see anyone other than Sakurai that can pull off Smash as it is now.  Maybe Harada, but that's the thing.  Unless you want a Nintendo styled Playstation All-Stars, the next developer will have a monumental task ahead that only Sakurai is familiar with.
#2665  October 08, 2021, 02:23:04 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Well Ultimate will still be featured in tournies officially or not, spirits and gimmick tourneys will still be a thing, FP2 Amiibos are in production with Min Min and Steve/Alex arriving first, maybe a final balance patch.

I'd say it's got a good a year or two left before production begins on the next entry.

I didn't mean that, I meant, the franchise itself is over. Like, yeah, all the tourneys will still happen, balance patches may still come out, amiibos will come, spirit events will come, rumors of another game, followed by another game in actuality...

But like, Sora joining Smash as the final character of the ultimate Smash game, just feels like the end. Like, it doesn't matter what keeps happening after this. Smash is... just kinda done. Even though it's not done, it's... it's just done.

We've "finished the main story" so to speak, and now everything after is just post-game content.

I don't see anyone other than Sakurai that can pull off Smash as it is now.  Maybe Harada, but that's the thing.  Unless you want a Nintendo styled Playstation All-Stars, the next developer will have a monumental task ahead that only Sakurai is familiar with.

And that's fair, but if Sakurai MUST helm another Smash, then I don't want it for a long ass time. The man needs MORE than a couple of years away from this shit.
#2666  October 08, 2021, 02:32:53 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Counter-point to mull over, Smash is just Kirby.  The guys who took over the Kirby series from Sakurai can feasibly likewise take over Smash from him if need be.

And sure, just like how the Kirby series has changed a bit since Sakurai left it to do Smash, I'd imagine them at the helm would also bring some unexpected changes to Smash.  Probably some sort of tag-team combo deal I'd imagine since they've made that a focus of sorts over a few titles.  Or greater emphasis on elemental damage types I guess.
#2667  October 08, 2021, 03:18:37 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Smash made too much money to be done, regardless of whether Sakurai is involved or not

Mario and Zelda had to eventually move on without Miyamoto, Sonic had to move on without Yuji Naka, hell John Madden hasn't actually been in Madden for years
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2668  October 08, 2021, 03:20:44 am
    • Brazil
haha, remember when people were hoping that Smash Ultimate would be the last Smash game and would be used as a "platform" to constantly update it with new fighters, almost in a "games as a life service" kind of way?
haha, they were so damn naive
They didn't say it would be, they said it should be. And honestly, I don't think that would be a bad idea, certainly not forever, but realistically, the game could hold for a long time, it has good gameplay, it doesn't really need to be crazy good when it comes to graphics and it would be awesome to see a lot more franchises in this crossover. I didn't really expect it to happen, but it would have been awesome.
#2669  October 08, 2021, 03:48:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#2670  October 08, 2021, 03:54:14 am
    • USA
then I'll have to wait for 5 and 6 too.
They've already confirmed that Vol. 2 was the definite end.

Just wait for the next Smash game. Of course there will be a next Smash game, Ninty will do one with or without Sakurai.

There is at least 6 more passes in there^^^
That is not at all how that works, but ok.

With enough money and the right push, that can exactly be how it works.
#2671  October 08, 2021, 04:16:04 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
But like, Sora joining Smash as the final character of the ultimate Smash game, just feels like the end. Like, it doesn't matter what keeps happening after this. Smash is... just kinda done. Even though it's not done, it's... it's just done.
It'll truly be over the moment Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot, and a Gundam become a part of the roster.
Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 04:20:00 am by Kirishima
#2672  October 08, 2021, 04:21:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
With enough money and the right push, that can exactly be how it works.
No amount of money is going to change the fact that Ultimate is done.
If you want to think otherwise, that's on you.
#2673  October 08, 2021, 04:24:42 am
    • USA
#2674  October 08, 2021, 04:27:52 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm just gonna :yes:
#2675  October 08, 2021, 07:11:30 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
then I'll have to wait for 5 and 6 too.
They've already confirmed that Vol. 2 was the definite end.

Just wait for the next Smash game. Of course there will be a next Smash game, Ninty will do one with or without Sakurai.

There is at least 6 more passes in there^^^

My dude, Sakurai's gonna overwork himself to death at this rate if he were to keep working on more Fighter Passes.  Sakurai needs treatment for his body instead of money at this point.  Maybe you're correct about the right push, but that said push, Iwata, is no longer around.  It's no secret that his heavy ambitions for Ultimate was partially a result of his loyalty to him.

This also assumes that the Switch's lifespan is going to actually last that long.  No way Nintendo would let Sakurai continue developing passes for Ultimate when they could be paying him to develop Smash on a new console instead.

----

It's obvious that Sakurai wants to put his work on Smash to rest and move onto other projects.  He said that this would be the last time he works on Smash, but that's what he said for 4 and Brawl too.  Nintendo is definitely going to continue the series with or without him, because it just prints so much money.  ...But at the same time, I don't think Sakurai would be satisfied with letting someone else handle a new Smash.
#2676  October 08, 2021, 11:18:32 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
You're talking to Melcore as if he cares.

But based on his attitude, he clearly doesn't.
All he sees in Sakurai is a slave who just has to work his bones off and deliver more and more and more DLC.
And honestly, people like him disgust me beyond words.

Volume 2 is the end of Smash Ultimate's DLC! End of discussion!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2677  October 08, 2021, 03:29:24 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
and the end of smash bros series in general
#2678  October 08, 2021, 04:37:38 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
This is the most accurate Fighters Pass 2 prediction you will ever see:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Man, this post aged well. Like a sweet, sweet bottle of milk after being exposed to a combo of supernovas. :pleased:
#2679  October 08, 2021, 05:01:30 pm
    • Brazil
#2680  October 08, 2021, 05:07:22 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update