Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#2221  July 29, 2022, 03:28:43 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm loving the look of Yashiro!
Me too, loved their own and unique Goenitz version for their costumes, and even they made Orochi colors for normal versions for free, that was so cool :D

Im a bit disappointing because the changes for them are not dramatically different. they just copied and pasted others attacks that is already in the game.
How to say you never played KOF97-98-2002-Neowave without saying it be like:

God, what a scan! They just giving them the outfits of the regular versions is so hilarious, go to hell, SNK!
Bro, this is not Dead or Alive nor Tekken where all chars have special skins/change of clothes instead of palettes. Nu-SNK made that with few chars only, not with all, only with Terry, Leona and Team Southtown they outnumbered the special skins they made in KOFXIV

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#2222  July 29, 2022, 01:04:40 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
my real annoyance is that this is Team Awakened Orochi in the first place

...that DLC spot could have been used on Team Kim instead, where the FUCK is Kim? He never missed out on a KOF before, why would he suddenly do it NOW?!

and while we're at it: where's Kensou? where's Shingo? where's Oswald? where's Shen? where's Duo Lon?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2223  July 29, 2022, 01:53:55 pm
that DLC spot could have been used
It's 2022, who still believes that a DLC spot could have been used for someone else instead
It was a massive disappointment for everyone when it finally sunk in that the roster was slashed down from the previous game, but to look at one specific DLC team and be disappointed by that team ? Why aren't you disappointed in the Geese team ? Why aren't you disappointed in the final 4th team ? Why this one ? The Orochi team has a big fanbase and they were basically guaranteed since the ending of XIV. This reaction is just super weird.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 02:01:24 pm by Byakko
#2224  July 29, 2022, 05:29:56 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
he was talking about cys normals not their specials. they look ok the only gripe i have is chris not transforming into orochi himself as his level 3 should be.

No it shouldn't. 2002 is not canon. It didn't make any sense back then, and it would make even less sense now.

my real annoyance is that this is Team Awakened Orochi in the first place

...that DLC spot could have been used on Team Kim instead, where the FUCK is Kim? He never missed out on a KOF before, why would he suddenly do it NOW?!

and while we're at it: where's Kensou? where's Shingo? where's Oswald? where's Shen? where's Duo Lon?

Sorry but "they should've added X character instead" isn't an argument, this is just saying you don't like it because it isn't the character "you" wanted.

Personally I think this is the sort of stuff that should be either an unlockable in the base game or free DLC, not paid stuff.
Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 05:37:06 pm by Magma MK-II
#2225  July 29, 2022, 08:03:48 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Personally I think this is the sort of stuff that should be either an unlockable in the base game or free DLC, not paid stuff.
Sadly that's the problem with actual videogames in general, all the extra content goes into DLC instead of be unlockable content as it was before, with some few exceptions (like Casey Jones in TMNT: Shredder's Revenge)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#2226  July 29, 2022, 08:08:14 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2227  July 29, 2022, 08:25:46 pm
all the extra content goes into DLC instead of be unlockable content as it was before
It's pretty obvious that the budget is not the same. They budget content for the base game, and then they budget more content for after that initial content is made, with money that doesn't come from the base price. Unlockable content in old games was obviously budgeted as part of the initial game.
The shift here is that the content they can make with the initial budget from the base sales numbers comes out smaller than the content that could be made before, so they make a first batch, and then everything else is budgeted with DLC sales.
Believe it or not, there's definitely extra work involved in making the Orochi versions of CYS and converting Geese's team with new outfits, and that work is budgeted with DLC sales.
It's not rocket science.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2228  July 29, 2022, 09:34:52 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
It's nice to me, as a person who isn't as familiar to the King of Fighters series, to see what the Orochi version of this team would be like.

I had no idea that Orochi Yashiro was a grappler and Orochi Shermie could summon lightening (although wasn't that something she had back in... I want to say 02?)
#2229  July 29, 2022, 09:43:45 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Yes, because the Orochi team is meant to be a direct parallel of the Hero team.
I must confess, despite loving KOF for over 20 years, I never actually made the connection until last night, because I always played Orochi Yashiro above the others and I never touched Daimon once in my whole life. No Daimon in XV certainly didn't help lmao, I needed O.Yash's Climax for it to click like "OH SO THAT'S WHY SHERMIE IS JUST BENIMARU 2 IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW"

God, what a scan! They just giving them the outfits of the regular versions is so hilarious, go to hell, SNK!
I don't want to sound mean, so I'm gonna hold back. Their alternate costumes are literally just doing what the Orochi team used to do since '97. You are getting mad over nothing. If it was their default costumes I'd understand, but you're getting mad over a harmless extra. Seek help.
#2230  July 29, 2022, 10:02:06 pm
    • Brazil
#2231  July 29, 2022, 10:06:41 pm
    • USA
Like I said before, I don't have a problem with the awakened orochi team themselves. My problem is, that they could have been added as like, "Oh you can select them by holding start, or whatever," like in the previous games, instead of a whole damn dlc team. It doesn't help that KOF XV has virtually no bonus content to grind for, like where is survival, single play, etc! or even offer more content for boss rush, like add ReVerse or Otoma Raga and add some bonus shit there, even adding the awakened orochi forms for boss rush would be a neat little thing to add, and could have been a way to unlock their classic costumes, something! But no, all we have is a glorified arcade mode and a rundown mission mode (boss rush is literally "just fight omega rugal").

The game had so, so, so much potential to be awesome, and they have the starting grounds, but that's all it is right now still, starting grounds. It feels like a more refined XIV, much like how XIII was a much more refined XII, or how XI was a much more refined 2003. Is that the new standard? Release a decent or not so good but something that has potential, game, then release a slightly better game but its still basically the same game? The old games managed to make each entry feel fresh, even with the yearly releases, and in that regard, recycled content was more understandable!

They had like between 5 and 7 years for KOF XV, no excuse as to how 80% of the fucking game is just recycled content. The least they could do was give characters new or returning moves or supers (yes im aware a few characters did get special treatment like Terry, but that is one of the only exceptions). Like I would have loved to see Ryo's Jump chop, Kyokukenryu Renbuuken, Kohou Shippuken, or even some of King's crazy shit she could do in 98 or 2002 UM, anything to give them more life and charm!
#2232  July 30, 2022, 12:06:16 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Like I said before, I don't have a problem with the awakened orochi team themselves. My problem is, that they could have been added as like, "Oh you can select them by holding start, or whatever," like in the previous games, instead of a whole damn dlc team. It doesn't help that KOF XV has virtually no bonus content to grind for, like where is survival, single play, etc! or even offer more content for boss rush, like add ReVerse or Otoma Raga and add some bonus shit there, even adding the awakened orochi forms for boss rush would be a neat little thing to add, and could have been a way to unlock their classic costumes, something! But no, all we have is a glorified arcade mode and a rundown mission mode (boss rush is literally "just fight omega rugal").

The game had so, so, so much potential to be awesome, and they have the starting grounds, but that's all it is right now still, starting grounds. It feels like a more refined XIV, much like how XIII was a much more refined XII, or how XI was a much more refined 2003. Is that the new standard? Release a decent or not so good but something that has potential, game, then release a slightly better game but its still basically the same game? The old games managed to make each entry feel fresh, even with the yearly releases, and in that regard, recycled content was more understandable!

They had like between 5 and 7 years for KOF XV, no excuse as to how 80% of the fucking game is just recycled content. The least they could do was give characters new or returning moves or supers (yes im aware a few characters did get special treatment like Terry, but that is one of the only exceptions). Like I would have loved to see Ryo's Jump chop, Kyokukenryu Renbuuken, Kohou Shippuken, or even some of King's crazy shit she could do in 98 or 2002 UM, anything to give them more life and charm!

Yeah. I’m not really too thrilled about Team Awakened Orochi being a paid DLC team ether, even though the characters themselves look cool. That said, I think they decided to make them DLC over the other teams in the base roster to make the base roster look better, and because they figured they probably wouldn’t have been able to feasibly make, say, Team Secret Agent, a DLC team, namely since characters like Mary & Vanessa were already DLC in XIV.

Granted, they did still do that with Rock and Yamazaki, but they probably felt more confident with those since Rock had 2 other fan favorites that weren’t in XIV on his team, and Yamazaki teamed with Geese after his super popular Tekken 7 crossover DLC.

Also in terms of the extra moves, as much as I’d like to see some more of the UM specials return, that would probably require a significant reworking of all the characters and the system itself, depending on how many of them they would want to add. They probably just decided to refine and tweak it like they did because they thought it would still work well without changing a gigantic amount, and I believe it still does (though I personally like how XIV handled EX Moves & Max Mode better, but that’s just me and besides the point).

I think KOF XV probably could have been more than it already given the timespan and how XIV had a larger base roster, (which is partially why I don’t have a copy of it yet), but at the same time, I think a lot of it was trimming the fat and trying to refine the game instead of trying to fix what wasn’t broken to begin with.
#2233  July 30, 2022, 01:02:23 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Right now for me, it's actually not bad at all seeing the Awakened Orochi Team finally getting the proper treatment as playable characters again.

It's just that this means it will take soooo muuuuuch more time until we see more actual new faces being revealed to the public... :[

Nothing remarkable showed up since this post, so my thoughts keep the same.

that DLC spot could have been used
It's 2022, who still believes that a DLC spot could have been used for someone else instead
It was a massive disappointment for everyone when it finally sunk in that the roster was slashed down from the previous game, but to look at one specific DLC team and be disappointed by that team ? Why aren't you disappointed in the Geese team ? Why aren't you disappointed in the final 4th team ? Why this one ? The Orochi team has a big fanbase and they were basically guaranteed since the ending of XIV. This reaction is just super weird.

If this makes you feel better, there are people out there who indeed feels disappointed with, quite literally, every single paid DLC choice for this game.

• I actually gotta specify it's only the paid team ones, because holy hell dat Rugal outta nowhere...!!! How's it even the same marketing team behind all those ideas?!? :pwn:
#2234  July 30, 2022, 01:14:11 am
    • USA

If this makes you feel better, there are people out there who indeed feels disappointed with, quite literally, every single paid DLC choice for this game.

• I actually gotta specify it's only the paid team ones, because holy hell dat Rugal outta nowhere...!!! How's it even the same marketing team behind all those ideas?!? :pwn:

Team Garou was at the very least fine because atleast we got Jenet and Gato, fighters we haven't seen since Kof 11, and in Gato's case, the first time he has been in a 3D Kof game. Team Southtown was literally copy paste from Kof 14, with the exception of Billy's new super and Geese having rashoumon as a SECOND LEVEL 3 (why couldnt they replace his useless grab super is beyond me). If for example, instead of Billy, we got Kain, it would have been a different story because it would have been more unique for the team, and the character obviously not being a copy and paste.
#2235  July 30, 2022, 01:24:27 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

Team Garou was at the very least fine because atleast we got Jenet and Gato, fighters we haven't seen since Kof 11, and in Gato's case, the first time he has been in a 3D Kof game. Team Southtown was literally copy paste from Kof 14, with the exception of Billy's new super and Geese having rashoumon as a SECOND LEVEL 3 (why couldnt they replace his useless grab super is beyond me). If for example, instead of Billy, we got Kain, it would have been a different story because it would have been more unique for the team, and the character obviously not being a copy and paste.

They got a couple other new moves other than those in XV: Billy’s old KOF counter, Geese’s 96 DP+P, Yamazaki’s OTG stomp from Real Bout 2, and such. So while most of it is the same from XIV with modified frame data, it’s not really a complete copy and paste ether, it’s more like using the XIV versions as the base.

Also, if the useless grab super your talking about is Oni Hanmon, that super is not useless, as it’s a frame 1 counter super that can counter pretty much any physical attack that’s not a throw and do massive damage, in addition to being Advanced or Climax Canceled.

Unless your talking about Rashomon as the useless grab super, in which case that’s not useless ether since it’s active from the moment it starts, it’s unblockable, and it also does massive damage.

Also, I think there was probably no way they could replace Billy with Kain since Billy’s been in pretty much a vast majority of the KOF games, while SNK’s kind of mostly dropped Kain after Garou, other than a few cameos.
#2236  July 30, 2022, 03:47:11 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

so looking at their level 3s for orochi new faces team i noticed a few things here

orochi yashiro can do a power bomb like alex from street fighter 3

orochi shermie can shoot lightning from her foot

orochi chris does a sonic boom at the end of his level 3
#2237  August 05, 2022, 04:45:01 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#2238  August 05, 2022, 05:36:59 pm
    • Brazil
Who is back?
#2239  August 05, 2022, 06:03:56 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#2240  August 05, 2022, 08:51:11 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
And the biggest change to Goenitz's character:  He now knows how to use a smartphone.