YesNoOk

Fighters Unleashed (Read 8173 times)

Started by Diegs, December 07, 2013, 05:11:42 pm
Share this topic:
Fighters Unleashed
#1  December 07, 2013, 05:11:42 pm
Hi people,

This is the old post of my game: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/extreme-fighter-149271.0.html

And finally after a long, long, long time, I was able to realize my project  :dio:

I brought the game forward with the collaboration for the 2D/3D graphic of the Flynet Studios:
http://flynetgames.com/

The name of game is: Fighters Unleashed
- Type: beat 'em up (like Final Fight, Double Dragon, ecc)
- Release Date: very, very soon
- Platform: Win, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Oyua
- 3 playable Characters: 1 - Charlie (Fire), 2 - Alexia (Electricity),  3 - Unknown (to unlock)
- 5 Levels: divided into three sublevels (Total = 15 unique Levels)
- 5 Boss
- 15 Music
- Bonus Stages (Work in Progress)
etc.

Write me any advice you want to give me!   ;D

My page on Twitter (Follow me and I Follw you!) :P
https://twitter.com/KenShiro1973

I put an old video and the new Screen Shot:

Video on Youtube of the Game:
http://youtu.be/0ubV5wfrFco

Charlie And Alexia Hadooken:

Charlie and Alexia Super:

Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:15:45 pm by Diegs
Re: Fighters Unleashed
#2  December 07, 2013, 05:21:02 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Wait, are you serious? You've come a long way! Good job, man!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#3  December 07, 2013, 05:23:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
congratulations and good job! this is bor, right ?
#4  December 07, 2013, 05:28:04 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Whoa!! Excellent stuff you got here. This looks amazing!!

See... Mugen also needs to come to the iOS/Android platform. However, is that impossible since Elecbyte never released the source code??

One can always dream I suppose.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  December 07, 2013, 05:33:04 pm
This is the old post of my game: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/extreme-fighter-149271.0.html
most of the replies in that thread are terrible and you all should be ashamed

it's looking pretty good so far. i have some feedback however
- i hope you get different hitsounds.
- i also hope you can get some voices, unless you already did and they were inaudible because of the loud music in the video
- the falling hitsparks look weird
- green pant enemies have a shoulder attack, i guess? it looks weird. it has zero startup. there's no way for the player to tell an attack is coming
- the running animation around 0:26 looks too fast for the character's actual movement speed
- the character cutout that shows up during supers is too big and i would either remove it or make it smaller. i don't think it works in a beat em up game as well as it does in a fighting game
- the enemies look way too similar, unless there's more variety in the actual game. they seem to be based on 3d models too, so making more variants shouldn't be that difficult compared to using sprites.
- the electricity effect in the game logo at the title screen doesn't look very good, i'd ditch it entirely

i hope some of this feedback is of use to you. good luck with your project
#6  December 07, 2013, 05:56:38 pm

Posted: December 07, 2013, 06:02:56 pm

congratulations and good job! this is bor, right ?

No it's all my code (and and also the editor for characters, levels and particles) :P

most of the replies in that thread are terrible and you all should be ashamed

it's looking pretty good so far. i have some feedback however
- i hope you get different hitsounds.
- i also hope you can get some voices, unless you already did and they were inaudible because of the loud music in the video
- the falling hitsparks look weird
- green pant enemies have a shoulder attack, i guess? it looks weird. it has zero startup. there's no way for the player to tell an attack is coming
- the running animation around 0:26 looks too fast for the character's actual movement speed
- the character cutout that shows up during supers is too big and i would either remove it or make it smaller. i don't think it works in a beat em up game as well as it does in a fighting game
- the enemies look way too similar, unless there's more variety in the actual game. they seem to be based on 3d models too, so making more variants shouldn't be that difficult compared to using sprites.
- the electricity effect in the game logo at the title screen doesn't look very good, i'd ditch it entirely

i hope some of this feedback is of use to you. good luck with your project

- Yes
- Yes
- Now I working for change hitsparks
- In the new version the enemy before to make shoulder attack run towards you (not present in older video)
- You're right, now I change it :D
- In a few days I'll put the new video with the super and then tell me if it is too large
- There are various types of enemies divided by gang (Punk, Ninja etc ...)
- You're right, does not seem electricity, but a blue flame. I change it now.

Thanks for all the advice! :D

Posted: December 07, 2013, 06:06:06 pm
Whoa!! Excellent stuff you got here. This looks amazing!!

See... Mugen also needs to come to the iOS/Android platform. However, is that impossible since Elecbyte never released the source code??

One can always dream I suppose.

My next project is to finish my old game,is a  VS with customizable characterse and  levels by editor (like mugen, but multiplatform) and a long time since I work at this but it is not easy! ^_^

Posted: December 14, 2013, 01:44:37 am
If you want to follow the news of the game:  https://twitter.com/KenShiro1973
#7  July 26, 2014, 02:50:11 am
Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:50:33 am by Diegs
#8  July 26, 2014, 06:27:25 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
wait, this is a beat em up game , isn't this a fighting game thread ? all in all, looks really intresting, reminds me of the classic beat em up on old game platforms
#9  July 26, 2014, 12:01:04 pm
Yes it's a a mixture of gaming system the scrolling beat 'em up and the classic 1 VS 1.  :D

And Yes. Fighters Unleashed is born of our love for the old 2D beat 'em up (Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage etc), and it is for this reason that we decided to revamp this style with a modern graphic style. ;)

We are on Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291506490
#10  July 26, 2014, 12:22:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Would recommend you to contact the big websites like Kotaku and Destructoid via their submit news emails, sometimes they help promoting kickstarter projects If they think they are good
#11  July 26, 2014, 12:22:36 pm
Buona fortuna Diegs!
Dalle immagini e dal video (per quanto siano vecchi) questo progetto sembra fortissimo!
Una domanda, so che il video è vecchio, però ci sarà una modalità storia? Perché non la vedo nel video.
E poi sarebbe meglio se create nuove hitsparks (gli effetti che appaiono quando uno colpisce l'altro con un pugno od un calcio), perché sai, gli effetti CvS appartengono alla Capcom e se hai intenzione di vendere il gioco potresti incorrere in problemi di copyright. (vedi video sotto)

Good luck Diegs!
From the images and the video (although they're old) this project looks cool!
I have a question, I know the video is old, but is there going to be a story mode? Because from the video I can't see it.
And it would be better if you create new hitsparks, because, you know, the CvS effects belong to Capcom and if you intend to sell this game, you could get into trouble with copyright laws and all that.

And related to this:
#12  July 26, 2014, 12:49:05 pm
Ciao Alex,
si gli hitspark sono placeholder, devono essere sostituiti nella versione finale!

La modalità storia c'è, dobbiamo inserire il training, ma per il resto c'è tutto dialoghi, intermezzi e finale.

Grazie per i consigli ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Alex,
the hitspark are only placeholder, must be replaced in the final version!

The story mode is included,, we have to insert the training, but for everything else there's: dialogues, interludes and final.

Thanks for the advice ;)
#13  July 26, 2014, 02:48:05 pm
Would recommend you to contact the big websites like Kotaku and Destructoid via their submit news emails, sometimes they help promoting kickstarter projects If they think they are good

Great... ^_^
Thanks for the advice!
#14  July 28, 2014, 03:41:54 pm
#15  August 05, 2014, 06:14:50 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Nice....
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way