YesNoOk

Random Topic V9 (Read 2030076 times)

Started by c001357, May 25, 2014, 07:28:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V9
#121  May 28, 2014, 08:36:16 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
this is the smash melee intro with valve characters. pretty cool
I love SFM when people actually put effort into making movies with it and show off the power the tool has.

Related:

#122  May 28, 2014, 09:00:11 pm
if i knew how that shit worked fanfictionimg would be a lot better
#123  May 28, 2014, 09:54:13 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
#124  May 28, 2014, 10:59:37 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#125  May 28, 2014, 11:03:40 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I love SFM when people actually put effort into making movies with it and show off the power the tool has.
It's harder to find the better ones ever since SFM became free and everyone's uploaded thousands of their own little messes.  Only one I remember before they released it to the public that I can still find is Jill's Song.

Though yeah, there's some good ones out there done more recently.  I still like Practical Problems.
#126  May 29, 2014, 03:05:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that weird moment when you (I) realize that best friends and fellow mangaka toriyama and katsura are fans of superman and batman respectively.
#127  May 29, 2014, 03:24:33 am
and terminator.
#128  May 29, 2014, 03:28:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a facebook contact posted this

so I told him that yeah toriyama copied superman's origins on purpose as he is a fan, and yesterday I just finished watching iria zeiram so I had katsura's work fresh on my mind.
#129  May 29, 2014, 03:29:50 am
    • USA
Toriyama?  As in Akira Toriyama?  I thought Goku being a combination of Sun Wukong and Superman was the intention from the beginning, due to being a big fan of both.  And inspiration from Disney, specifically 101 Dalmatians in attention to detail if I recall one of his interviews correctly.  Or at least from DBZ's start onwards, anyways.

Damn, I went to fact check something and you both ninja-ed me.
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:32:59 am by Long John Killer
#130  May 29, 2014, 03:35:51 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Claiming that people act like rape victims over a pony image is just demeaning, even if you call that "having fun".
and that concludes another episode on Iced's pretentious adventures
Eh I don't know there's something nice about the shopped images going with those fan fic inserts, just feels more fitting to me
#131  May 29, 2014, 03:41:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#132  May 29, 2014, 04:07:01 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I took the damn sig down already, can we just leave it alone?  Jesus you guys.  This whole stupid shitshow over one stupid picture.  >_<
#133  May 29, 2014, 04:12:07 am
    • USA
In my opinion, it wasn't any more bizarre than your one on a goofy looking Godzilla sucking on a mech's head with a sword jammed into its shoulder and trying to shoot Godzilla with an arm cannon.
#134  May 29, 2014, 04:13:17 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Scans daily went to shit

( this is gail simone, a writer, being admoenished by someone and then the mods ordering people to not correct someone because they are transexual)

this sentence popped up while reading about sjw:
  What I’m trying to identify is a kind of false morality. A morality which is driven by heavily adolescent impulses, like the desire to elevate oneself by tearing down others and setting parameters for a kind of coolness that allows you to be “in,” while excluding others.
http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/19628/fuck-liberal-puritans-ted-rall-racism-trial/
#135  May 29, 2014, 05:24:31 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
That's some fucked up shit. This kind of internet "Social Justice" shit is royally fucking up what real equality movements have been steadily (albeit not fast enough) creating or improving upon. It's building up a sort of schism between people who build their minds up to crazy, and attack folks who are all for equal rights, equal amenities, and all that good stuff due to reasons of which are typically some privilege, which ironically also happens to be a direct prejudicial stereotype. It'll make the anti-equality crowds louder and push back more, while more of the sane people who are for equal rights sit quietly because they don't want to be associated with these tumblr-types.

The irony from their own ignorance used to be funny but I'm finding it pretty absurd now. The thinking is backwards, and they are making themselves the enemies of people who'd otherwise have no problem with them, and slowing down progress by attempting to create divides and enforce differences. Finding demons where there may not be any is all the rage with idiots, the Ted Rall thing seems to be pretty good indicator of that. Pretty disturbing and sad shit. Something like equality shouldn't be about silencing groups of people or brining people down, it should be about bringing everyone up to the same place.

No idea why I posted that in an All That's Left thread, doesn't fit my theme of being mentally impaired ChronO'Reilly. :(

Also, I totally blocked that Pony sig yesterday too!  :smartass2:
#136  May 29, 2014, 05:28:31 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
That's it, mandatory pony sigs for everyone bragging about how they blocked that one!

...Oh yeah I'm not in charge anymore. Wonder why.
#137  May 29, 2014, 12:32:40 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
In my opinion, it wasn't any more bizarre than your one on a goofy looking Godzilla sucking on a mech's head with a sword jammed into its shoulder and trying to shoot Godzilla with an arm cannon.

Spoiler: Context (click to see content)
#138  May 29, 2014, 12:49:07 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
For vids or just images? Because if it's just the images, you can pull that off with Garry's Mod very easily.
#139  May 29, 2014, 03:58:24 pm
    • USA
#140  May 29, 2014, 04:00:44 pm