YesNoOk

Random Topic V9 (Read 2029607 times)

Started by c001357, May 25, 2014, 07:28:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V9
#1041  August 08, 2014, 05:11:57 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Well, I just finished cleaning out the storage area of my grandmother's apartment. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I found. Among them were a bunch of old pictures she forgot she had, some jewelry she used to keep, and a couple of my old memory cards from God knows when (one for PS1, and one for PS2). Oh, and a couple of my old homework assignments from when I was little.
#1042  August 08, 2014, 06:30:28 pm
    • USA
#1043  August 08, 2014, 08:31:11 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Consider the following: the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are in fact grown up versions of the Eraserhead baby
#1044  August 08, 2014, 08:36:39 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1045  August 08, 2014, 09:49:59 pm
#1046  August 08, 2014, 10:05:47 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
damn poor guy
#1047  August 08, 2014, 10:20:58 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...But....he forgot the funny part of the tweet.  He just posted to look like an asshole for those who are in knowing he's being sarcastic and the expected response from those who are not, and just got more than expected. :blank:

I never get these guys.
#1048  August 08, 2014, 10:32:31 pm
the part that is meant to be funny is the part in which he doesn't recognize a guy that shows up on the media often and just calls him a nerd. you don't have to think it's funny, but you have to know it's a joke. you don't need to really know dogboner or his previous tweets to consider that it might be ironic. you just need to look at his profile and notice all the other ironic tweets (takes 20 seconds tops), which means it's very likely he was kidding. you know, doing research, something championed by science yet completely lost on those that claim to fucking love science
#1049  August 08, 2014, 10:37:56 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28614816
As presenter of the popular science programme Cosmos and director of the Hayden Planetarium, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson has become the leading voice of science and reason for many Americans. But not all.

"He is the fetish and totem of the extraordinarily puffed-up 'nerd' culture that has of late started to bloom across the United States," writes Charles CW Cooke for the National Review. "'Nerd' has become a calling a card - a means of conveying membership of one group and denying affiliation with another."

For Cooke the idea of the "nerd" no longer represents World of Warcraft and Star Trek. Instead the term has been co-opted by liberal Americans as a kind of political strategy:

"One part insecure hipsterism, one part unwarranted condescension, the two defining characteristics of self-professed nerds are (a) the belief that one can discover all of the secrets of human experience through differential equations and (b) the unlovely tendency to presume themselves to be smarter than everybody else in the world."
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1050  August 08, 2014, 10:40:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
pretending to be retarded to an audience only gets reacted to as if you are serious.  It takes a really good jokester to make it clear they are actually making a joke. its the problem with all cringe humour. Sometimes acting like a racist or etc for lolz just atracts the fools that really think they are in good company.

also a ton of people want to believe themselves smart so they bandwagon anything that allows them to act as if others are sheeple and they are superior, they will find you and sacrifice you for their new religion

this is funny because in a way they are just approaching non religion in a religious way.
#1051  August 08, 2014, 10:57:01 pm
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
pretending to be retarded to an audience only gets reacted to as if you are serious.  It takes a really good jokester to make it clear they are actually making a joke. its the problem with all cringe humour. Sometimes acting like a racist or etc for lolz just atracts the fools that really think they are in good company.

also a ton of people want to believe themselves smart so they bandwagon anything that allows them to act as if others are sheeple and they are superior, they will find you and sacrifice you for their new religion

this is funny because in a way they are just approaching non religion in a religious way.

the most smartest thing I've heard all day.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#1052  August 08, 2014, 11:00:38 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
1 post down, 2 more to go
#1053  August 09, 2014, 01:30:22 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1054  August 09, 2014, 02:30:34 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Consider the following: the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are in fact grown up versions of the Eraserhead baby

Now I kinda want to imagine Shredder dissecting those Turtles with a pair of scissors.
#1055  August 09, 2014, 02:33:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Even if dogboner actually didn't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson was, it wouldn't justify those stupid ass tweets he was bombarded with. Fuck those douchebags.

pretending to be retarded to an audience only gets reacted to as if you are serious.  It takes a really good jokester to make it clear they are actually making a joke. its the problem with all cringe humour.
Nah. And even just counting the non-scripted reality stuff (because stuff like The Office and Louie qualify as cringe comedy), it's not a problem that affects everything. The things that employ cringe comedy that are good are able to walk the line and balance things so it doesn't become pointlessly mean-spirited. Like, to take a recent example, Nathan For You handles this all with aplomb. It's a great show and I promise I'm not getting paid to keep talking about it.

Now I kinda want to imagine Shredder dissecting those Turtles with a pair of scissors.
They grew the shells to replace the bandages holding their organs in!!!
#1056  August 09, 2014, 02:56:43 am
this is twitter we're talking about. dogboner built an audience, he knows his audience of followers, he knows his audience knows and enjoys his sense of humor. no good jokester can make the joke in that tweet work any better, because the joke there is that he doesn't know who that is. throw in a "WINK WINK IM ONLY JOKIN HERE", subtle as it could be and you're ruining it. if you, as an outsider, take something out of context to further your agenda or just because you're dumb/lazy and didn't feel like doing any research at all, you risk looking like huge dumbass.

of course dogboner also looks like a dumbass here because his tweet was seen by millions, and most of those people aren't going to find out he was joking. they're not going to read the gawker article. that's the thing about irony, it's a double edged sword, much like most swords
#1057  August 09, 2014, 03:28:55 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
But not the greatest of them all.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1058  August 09, 2014, 05:41:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Even if dogboner actually didn't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson was, it wouldn't justify those stupid ass tweets he was bombarded with. Fuck those douchebags.
the oen saying that he is as famous as stephan hawking was fun on so many levels.
#1059  August 09, 2014, 08:38:45 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
lol the george takei bit is so funny, takei's social media/pr teams makes these really cringeworthy posts to seem hip but they are co-opting humor from early 2000s internet and the only people who find it funny are middle aged people and weird nerds like the ones who worship tyson
#1060  August 09, 2014, 10:52:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I used to like Takei because of all of his contributions to LGBT rights and bringing awareness to Japanese American Imprisonment during WWII, but I had to Unlike him on Facebook because his parade of LULZ got too annoying too quickly. Off the top of my head, I remember Carrie Fisher and William Shatner having a friendly Star Wars VS Star Trek feud, then George Takei jumping in saying that the fanbases should combine to combat... Twilight. I'm pretty sure Twilight wasn't even relevant any more when he did that, either.

There was also an instance where his staff posted this image, and I commented that the guy who blanked out the last panel should've blanked out everything except maybe LOTR. My News kept updating with people responding how shitty my opinions are, then some of my IRL friends saw my comment and I ended up losing their friendship over it because apparently not liking Hunger Games lead to me hating gay rights? I dunno.

So what I'm saying is fuck George Takei's Facebook staff, but also I guess thanks for weeding out people that weren't really friends in the first place???
Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:36:01 pm by Jango Kayano