YesNoOk

Random Topic V9 (Read 2029607 times)

Started by c001357, May 25, 2014, 07:28:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V9
#1061  August 09, 2014, 01:20:08 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
How was being bombarded by internet "social justice warriors" all Takei's fault?
#1062  August 09, 2014, 03:34:09 pm
Because he participated in it. Well, actually, the morons who write for his Facebook account did. So... it's not Takei's fault.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1063  August 09, 2014, 05:27:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Alright, fine, I'll make a clarification in my post
#1064  August 09, 2014, 07:03:25 pm
"george takei" became a facebook brand for epic memes and the most viral rebloggable content. even though he's not the one posting that shit, he's the one that made that decision. so fuck him for that
#1065  August 09, 2014, 08:07:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
"george takei" became a facebook brand for epic memes and the most viral rebloggable content. even though he's not the one posting that shit, he's the one that made that decision. so fuck him in the ass for that
#1066  August 09, 2014, 08:56:33 pm
#1067  August 09, 2014, 09:01:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Even if dogboner actually didn't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson was, it wouldn't justify those stupid ass tweets he was bombarded with. Fuck those douchebags.

pretending to be retarded to an audience only gets reacted to as if you are serious.  It takes a really good jokester to make it clear they are actually making a joke. its the problem with all cringe humour.
Nah. And even just counting the non-scripted reality stuff (because stuff like The Office and Louie qualify as cringe comedy), it's not a problem that affects everything. The things that employ cringe comedy that are good are able to walk the line and balance things so it doesn't become pointlessly mean-spirited. Like, to take a recent example, Nathan For You handles this all with aplomb. It's a great show and I promise I'm not getting paid to keep talking about it.

Guess what just surpassed gotg at the box office? TMNT! Aha show those comicbook nerds whos the boss, bay! MARVEL GOT DENIED! TURTLE POWER!
#1068  August 09, 2014, 09:13:53 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
As inevitable as it was that the sun would rise today, so too is it inevitable that this movie will make half a billion dollars
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1069  August 09, 2014, 09:23:48 pm
let's see if it makes as much as gotg on its opening weekend
#1070  August 09, 2014, 09:24:30 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
friends, like in 2 seconds if you know what bacon is - george takei facebook 2014
#1071  August 09, 2014, 11:35:31 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Um.
#1072  August 10, 2014, 12:25:14 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nothing personal, Iw  sjust digging throuhg some old archives looking for ai kusanagi references and found this, I laughed a bit and decided to share for nostalgia value.

#1073  August 10, 2014, 12:52:36 am
in retrospect i phoned that one in but it did the job
#1074  August 10, 2014, 02:36:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Guess what just surpassed gotg at the box office? TMNT! Aha show those comicbook nerds whos the boss, bay! MARVEL GOT DENIED! TURTLE POWER!
This is fucking bullshit, all the projections had GotG winning slightly over TMNT but no, that shitstain gets $20 million more than projected, in its first day. This fucking sucks, GotG deserved to beat it and stay at number one for another week. >:[
#1075  August 10, 2014, 03:18:54 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
#1076  August 10, 2014, 05:14:54 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This is fucking bullshit, all the projections had GotG winning slightly over TMNT but no, that shitstain gets $20 million more than projected, in its first day. This fucking sucks, GotG deserved to beat it and stay at number one for another week. >:[

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Jmorph... Guardians of the Galaxy is easily the better reviewed movie. Yeah, the new TMNT movie may make money, but all that money can't save the movie from being ravaged by reviewers.
#1077  August 10, 2014, 05:30:37 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I haven't gone to the movies since Transformers was showing, I think I'll break this with the new TMNT movie, it's fitting! :beam:
#1078  August 10, 2014, 05:38:26 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Transformers was actually the movie where I decided I would never give Michael Bay another penny of my money ever again.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1079  August 10, 2014, 06:16:41 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
the asshole in me wants tmnt to be the grownups 2 to gotg's pacific rim

Looks like my prayers have been met. :D
#1080  August 10, 2014, 06:20:10 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Again, that makes no sense, because GotG is already hugely successful (it broke August box office records). The only thing TMNT winning this week will do is knock a few million off GotG's lifetime gross. >:[