YesNoOk

CvTW Edward Falcon by SeanAltly (Read 14097 times)

Started by Sean Altly, November 16, 2020, 05:58:31 pm
Share this topic:
CvTW Edward Falcon by SeanAltly
#1  November 16, 2020, 05:58:31 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

CvTW is Capcom vs The World, which means:

-4 attack Buttons, two punch and two kick (x,y,a,b)
-Throw button (c)
-UT/Special Button (z)
-Run, back dash
-3 Super levels

Falcon does not have EX moves. Instead, he has the Stone system. When you use his UT, Item Throw, and the attack connects, it will drop one of three Power Stones. Once all three are collected, his Falcon Arrow and Falcon Cannon get enhanced properties, and his two normal Super Moves are replaced with three Power Drive Super Moves. The stones carry over between rounds.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lrnfywj1kuuqji4/CvTWFalcon.rar/file

CREDITS

2DForever for the original sprites
Nexus Games for additional sprites and base .sff
Capcom for making Power Stone
MFG for always being supportive and fun
Ryon for his FX pack that I've been using for like 12 years now
Some code snippets are def from other people but it's been so long I can't remember where they came from, if I forgot you, let me know and I will update this ReadMe
Me as the voice of Edward Falcon

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:56:07 pm by Sean Altly
Re: CvTW Edward Falcon by SeanAltly
#2  November 16, 2020, 07:03:34 pm
I like so much, congrats,for character of power stone, but the face of taunt need work, i figure a ken masters, and i agree the super need other animation for diference the normal special attack, congrats for this proyect, the falcon looks nice.
#3  November 16, 2020, 07:23:22 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, this is amazing! Been looking forward through the progress, and it seems pretty fun. Congratulations, Sean!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#4  November 16, 2020, 08:05:42 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Looks cool I'll definitely try it out later, bet we will see tons of Falcon edits in the coming weeks lol

Edit*
For the grab you should definitely have it like in power stone, grab the enemy hold him overhead and have the ability to carry the enemy around and toss the enemy and maybe add a wall bounce to it for juggling, put a timer on it so you cant hold the enemy too long. Maybe 7-10 seconds? Sounds cool but I'm not sure how it would be coded in mugen just an idea.
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 08:11:35 pm by Memo
#5  November 16, 2020, 10:22:01 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That would require a bunch of sprites I don't feel like drawing to be honest, lol

Download Last Bout now!
#6  November 16, 2020, 10:33:59 pm
  • ScribblyTheCreator
  • Royality of Creator
    • Mexico
    • https://sites.google.com/view/scribblymugengamesandmore/main
You Did Great Job Sean Altly!
#7  November 17, 2020, 01:06:26 am
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
Great update!!!
#8  November 17, 2020, 01:41:20 am
Another great character keep up the good work
#9  November 17, 2020, 02:10:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
That would require a bunch of sprites I don't feel like drawing to be honest, lol

How many do you think? I can probably find someone to do them, not a Guarantee though I haven't talk to the homey in 2 years or more
#10  November 18, 2020, 08:35:58 pm
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
I realize that he can't jump from running.
#11  November 18, 2020, 09:59:02 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Memo

Not sure, but I don't really think he needs it, tbh

@Bakudan

Good catch, not sure why he was missing the line of code needed for that, he and Mario were built off the same template which is weird. I updated the file though so this should be fixed now.

Download Last Bout now!
#12  November 25, 2020, 04:36:45 am
    • Brazil
Excellent work! Thanks for bringing Falcon to mugen!

Suggestions (if the sprites allow):
- Double jump, Falcon is one of the few characters to have double jump in Power Stone game
- Maybe an air attack in which Falcon falls vertically with his feet on the opponent, similar to his JUMP + B in the dreamcast
#13  November 25, 2020, 10:10:43 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
High quality work.
A pleasure to see these 3D unconverted characters into this style...
#14  November 25, 2020, 11:28:58 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Simply amazing work I love this Falcon I am so happy he was finally made for mugen.
#15  November 30, 2020, 06:30:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Very fun character and the sprites are awesome as always,  can't wait to see who you got releasing next.
But... I still think he needs that power stone style grab, all your chars have that special sauce that links them to the games they came from like sonic and megaman with they're power ups, falcon is missing his grab and the air stomp, those moves are iconic to power stone and he feels a little rushed without those
#16  November 30, 2020, 07:05:21 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
He has the Item Throw and stone collecting for that, I don't think he needs the grab, plus it's a bunch of extra sprites on top of the ones I already made as well as the extensive edits. If you think that makes him feel "rushed" I don't know what to tell you.

Download Last Bout now!
#17  November 30, 2020, 06:08:07 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Another solid char. I have a question about your Sig. Is Last Bout another full game? I recognize Tristin in the middle.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#18  December 01, 2020, 04:46:38 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He has the Item Throw and stone collecting for that, I don't think he needs the grab, plus it's a bunch of extra sprites on top of the ones I already made as well as the extensive edits. If you think that makes him feel "rushed" I don't know what to tell you.
I agree, the grab doesn't really feel intrinsically and uniquely Power Stone-y, in the same way that Power Stone's item, power stone, and interactive/destructible environment systems all are the kind of quintessential aspects of those games. And there's no way to make that last one work in a traditional 2D fighting game at all, so the items and stone stuff make the most sense.

Those are definitely the two mechanics I would expect Capcom to include if they had ever added a Power Stone character to say, MvC2 or something. At the end of the day, this is still a 2D fighting game, and not every mechanic should be referenced or carried over.
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:12:13 am by Jmorphman
#19  December 01, 2020, 08:31:07 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Vegaz

Last Bout is indeed another full game, one I've been messing around with for a long time. Tristan was the first character for it. The game was also teased in Elle's ending in SHADEs 3.

@JMM

Thanks, I was worried I may have come off rude there but I just hate putting a ton of my free time into stuff and then because I didn't make it a certain way people say stuff like "it feels rushed." Bums me out.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:44:17 pm by Sean Altly
#20  December 02, 2020, 02:12:48 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Dont take it serious, rushed was probably the wrong word to use i guess.  I'm a fan of power stone I've been playing alot recently so i feel thet the way he grabs in power stone would of been awesome to include since its different from the other chars and it would add that extra something that reminds you of his original game like the other chars you've created yourself.

How many of you have grab your buddy after a co op  match in power stone 2 and took him into the portal with you to the next match lol

I would of included it but that's just my opinion it dont matter he's still a cool char.