YesNoOk

Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition (Read 402223 times)

Started by Iced, June 10, 2016, 11:24:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Injustice Gods amongs us 2: The armored edition
#241  January 18, 2017, 02:36:42 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You mean the comic where the Joker wires Lois Lane's heart to a nuclear bomb and then gets Superman so high that he punches her into space and murders her, and then reveals that she was pregnant so it turns out Superman also murdered his own unborn child?  Then after accidentally murdering the entire city of Metropolis, Superman murders the Joker before deciding to take over the world by murdering everyone else?  All the while with Wonder Woman cheering him on from the sidelines, because she totally gets off on the idea of Superman murdering people?  Yeah, I wasn't exactly impressed.

Then you get into the game and there's a cutscene where Superman murders Billy Batson, a literal child, for questioning his authority.

Injustice was a really fun game but it is also quite possibly one of the worst DC comics stories ever written.
#242  January 18, 2017, 02:48:24 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Well no worries, the storyline here seems to be that Batman decides to start allowing his army to murder people in order to normalize the world after they depose superman, so brainiac brings out superman to murder batman.
#243  January 18, 2017, 03:04:18 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Well no worries, the storyline here seems to be that [Dark] Raiden decides to start allowing his Earthrealm army to destroy all opposing threats   in order to normalize the world after they depose the turned evil Liu Kang, so Onaga the Dragon King brings out a powered up Liu Kang to murder Raiden.

Heey that sounds like the possible Mortal Kombat 11 plot :-P

Seriously. After seeing the trailer yesterday I thought I am seeing a MK story with DC characters there. The game might be fun and all that but I wish they could do a different team than the Mk guys do the story and character designs. And I say that as a big Mk fan even.
#244  January 18, 2017, 03:13:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont even mind a evil batman alt world thing, but its a bit lame that their only presentation of superman is a tortured superman having flashbacks of a dead unborn child as he wails.

Its so overly grim that it turns around and gets ridiculous.
#245  January 18, 2017, 03:56:00 pm
Agreed what is even the point of the justice league if all they're going to do is beat on each other alternate dimensions or not?
#246  January 18, 2017, 06:35:10 pm
    • USA
Injustice was a really fun game but it is also quite possibly one of the worst DC comics stories ever written.

There are far worse but hating on Injustice is hip and cool so at the end I never argue with that kind of opinion.
#247  January 18, 2017, 06:39:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You try to only have opinions that other people dont agree with?

Doesnt that become taxing after a while?  Discovering that things you like are in so you have to start hating them
#248  January 18, 2017, 06:43:25 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I dont even mind a evil batman alt world thing, but its a bit lame that their only presentation of superman is a tortured superman having flashbacks of a dead unborn child as he wails.

Its so overly grim that it turns around and gets ridiculous.

I agree but I'm tired of dark grim tortured Superman in general.  Injustice does it and the DC film universe does it.  I like dramatic Superman stories, but this all feels to me like a misguided attempt to make Superman appeal to the Batman fans who dislike him for basically not being Batman.
#249  January 18, 2017, 06:48:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thematically it does make them have a similar drive, good point, I hadnt thought of it that way.
Maybe their team is having too much of a cynical approach to superman and think that he cant be taken seriously unless he's openly weeping about dead parents lois lane and son.
#250  January 18, 2017, 06:51:12 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah.

I mean, I did not read a Marvel or a DC comic since around 25 years and there in Injustice and even in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 I saw a couple of comic characters I never heard about. But I new the old Justice League comics and liked them a lot as a teen. Played Injustice, liked it for its gameplay and the interactivity with the stages which was implented very cool in my opinion but a lot of the superheroes were just not as I remembered them.

I mean okay..this is not a straight Justice League fighting game and something quite light hearted like the older Marvel fighting games but all these super conflicted super heroes are becoming a bit annoying. Would prefer to see a clearly "good guy" Superman and a straight good vs evil theme there.
#251  January 18, 2017, 06:51:49 pm
    • USA

Doesnt that become taxing after a while?  Discovering that things you like are in so you have to start hating them

Nice spin, Kotaku guy.
#252  January 18, 2017, 06:57:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Nice spin, Kotaku guy.

Dude your whole point is that you dont argue with opinions that are "IN".so you just argue with opinions that arent in, You are the one representing yourself that weird contrarian way, you can either explain us further what you mean or you can keep trying to meme your way through conversations.

What you should avoid is insulting me out of nowhere when I try to understand what you mean.
#253  January 18, 2017, 07:51:15 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nice avatar and logo btw
#254  January 18, 2017, 10:50:31 pm
I like how Superman is presented in Injustice, but that's pretty much all I liked. Story wasn't great, gameplay wasn't great, hated playing it, but still willing to give 2 an eventual chance because of how much I liked MKX. I'll be waiting to pick up the eventual complete edition but I will be picking it up. It's got good ideas and a decent tone, let's hope the execution is better this time.
#255  January 18, 2017, 10:58:28 pm
    • Germany
I had fun with the game, but it was realy unnecessary that you had to play a mobile game to unlock costumes, I hope they stay away from this practice this time. =/
#256  January 19, 2017, 09:54:28 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't see what the problem with Injustice's gameplay is.  It's similar to MK but has more traditional controls.  Maybe if you like the block button and stuff you'd dislike it.

I had fun with the game, but it was realy unnecessary that you had to play a mobile game to unlock costumes, I hope they stay away from this practice this time. =/

Sadly I don't see it going away.  MKX had certain costumes you could only unlock through the mobile game or through an exploit.
#257  January 19, 2017, 10:02:41 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Online Beta Registration Opens for Injustice 2 on PS4 and Xbox One
Nether Realms has opened online beta registration for their long awaited DC fighting game Injustice 2, coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 16 in North America and Europe.

This being the online beta, players will assist the development team with balancing and latency issues to assure the game will be ready at launch.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01/19/injustice-2-online-beta/
#258  January 19, 2017, 10:57:36 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

Sadly I don't see it going away.  MKX had certain costumes you could only unlock through the mobile game or through an exploit.
Not anymore actually. MKX's latest patch made all the mobile costumes instantly available so long as you have a WBPlay account.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#259  January 20, 2017, 05:38:03 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Looks like the game comes with 31 characters (One of them is the pre-order bonus Darkseid) + the 9 dlc guys

lui

#260  January 21, 2017, 08:05:28 am
    • USA
does it say ALL the dlc characters will be playable right out of the gate? I doubt they'll do that, I think its just a season pass where you get them for free as soon as they come out