YesNoOk

Metal Gear [ Rex | Ray ] (Read 33294 times)

Started by walt, October 29, 2014, 07:00:04 pm
Share this topic:
Metal Gear [ Rex | Ray ]
New #1  October 29, 2014, 07:00:04 pm
  • SNK is life
* Looking to team up with a coder to bring these superb mechs to life in MUGEN.

I did not make these sprites. I stumbled upon these 2 masterpieces in the interwebs (Tumblr?) in the past weeks:

Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:13:12 pm by walt
Re: Metal Gear [ Rex | Ray ]
#2  October 29, 2014, 07:06:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Those are insane. Wouldn't it be easier to animate these through multiple pieces, like Phobos/Huitzil?? Either way, good luck because I personally would love to see these come alive. Your stages with these also look superb, so I hope those materialize too.

I'd easily nominate Cybaster, Cyanide, Rajaa or Kamakaze for coding. And perhaps Balthazar for spriting. :mmhmm:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
New #3  October 29, 2014, 07:13:12 pm
  • SNK is life
Wouldn't it be easier to animate these through multiple pieces, like Phobos/Huitzil?
Yes it would. I'm trying to figure out how to make these work.

For example, separating some areas might make it easier to have parts shake, depending on where the mechs are hit (Legs VS Head)

As you can see ^, I re-drew (kind of pretty roughly) the areas next to the shaking parts so there wouldn't be empty spaces.
Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:12:49 pm by walt
#4  October 29, 2014, 07:25:13 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
I'm assuming they'll be staying in that perspective?
#5  October 29, 2014, 07:42:02 pm
  • SNK is life
Yes, they'll be largely static. A lot of TRICKS with shading, shaking and effects will be used to make these look alive :sweatdrop:

Their attacks will be mostly projectiles and weaponry. I plan to use Metal Slug's vast library for their attacks :P

What should complement these well would be some good stages, so these work well as Mugen "set pieces" or bosses. Gotta think of something that works.
Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:45:16 pm by walt
New #6  October 30, 2014, 12:25:07 am
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:14:35 pm by walt
#7  October 30, 2014, 05:26:54 am
    • Peru
I think I could take the job. I haven't coded in years, but this looks interesting.
#8  October 30, 2014, 07:01:50 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
holy shit yes it does.
Those are insane. Wouldn't it be easier to animate these through multiple pieces, like Phobos/Huitzil?? Either way, good luck because I personally would love to see these come alive. Your stages with these also look superb, so I hope those materialize too.

I'd easily nominate Cybaster, Cyanide, Rajaa or Kamakaze for coding. And perhaps Balthazar for spriting. :mmhmm:

The guy is basically retired, so that's not going to happen. I think they'd work best as like a minigame of sorts. Of course super armor would be perfect (Kamekaze has already done a wonderful armor code in his colossus) of course ray could jump around and randomly land. with maybe a shadow getting bigger to know where he's going to land.
New #9  October 30, 2014, 11:48:19 pm
  • SNK is life
I worked on the missing pieces. I made this process GIF for you guys ;D

I'm so excited about this project. I'll work my hardest to make it work (I'm sure I'll need some more help figuring stuff out later, though)
Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:34:34 pm by walt
#10  November 05, 2014, 04:10:09 pm
    • Canada
This makes me want a Metal Gear Solid fighting game. Amazing sprites.
#11  November 05, 2014, 04:55:58 pm
  • SNK is life
Yeah, we're definitely inching closer to that promised land

We already have an MGS Screenpack by BIG BOSS / GRAY FOX, Solid Snake by Sean Altly, a VR Training Stage by POTS, and a Shadow Moses Helipad stage by mh77 and yours truly so ... get on it! :P
#12  November 06, 2014, 05:52:39 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking good Walt, please keep the dream alive for us all.lol Looking forward to this in action, idea for stage intro. Have Gear from Motvn winter stage eye's glow, screen turns white. Than the next scene Gear in the bg in gone. Than you hear Gear making screaming noises, and than enters to fight. I hope you can grasp what I'm trying to say. I'm tired and was half sleep, while writing this.lol
#13  November 11, 2014, 12:53:35 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
#14  November 18, 2014, 03:17:11 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52
you guys can use stickman, just create the skeleton, attach the sprite pieces and animate
New #15  November 20, 2014, 02:04:57 am
  • SNK is life
Will take that into consideration. Gotta try out that program to figure out how it works. Thanks for the suggestion man.

In the meantime, I did this mock up as a form of self-pleasure and hype

Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:06:27 pm by walt
#16  November 20, 2014, 02:07:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
looks gorgeous, would work so well as a boss type.
#17  November 20, 2014, 05:43:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
you guys can use stickman, just create the skeleton, attach the sprite pieces and animate

slightly unrelated, which stickman si teh program you actualyl use/suggest I googled and ofund several different results.
#18  November 20, 2014, 06:57:27 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy freakin shit! I want to fight this robot so badly, it's the greatest idea for a boss EVER!
Good luck walt! Wish I could contribute, but I have no freakin idea how ;D
This is a generic forum signature.
#19  November 20, 2014, 07:13:19 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Will take that into consideration. Gotta try out that program to figure out how it works. Thanks for the suggestion man.

In the meantime, I did this mock up as a form of self-pleasure and hype

You seem to be doing something fun there buddy
#20  November 20, 2014, 07:33:34 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I believe he is on to something here.lol Just all the possibilities here, reminds me of the virtual hub. The one from Raidens game, mix with a touch of pot's stage.lol