YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1285891 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#221  April 13, 2020, 04:42:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
In some lighter news, after 3+ weeks without football in tv the league decided to be weird and have a tournament with the players playing from their houses... fifa 2020. so now we have a leaugfe of professional football players playing a videogame on national tv, including professional football comentators.
It's the league "well, its' something"
#222  April 14, 2020, 04:02:26 am
  • all is love in fair and war
yea lots of athletes play the E version of their sport to compete in video game arena. I also saw moto gp e races however boring they are in that format
#223  April 14, 2020, 06:13:26 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
In some lighter news, after 3+ weeks without football in tv the league decided to be weird and have a tournament with the players playing from their houses... fifa 2020. so now we have a leaugfe of professional football players playing a videogame on national tv, including professional football comentators.
It's the league "well, its' something"
imagine when they get hitmen and gang members to form their own fps/battle royale league.
#224  April 15, 2020, 02:19:10 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Apparently, Rick May (Star Fox & Team Fortress Voice Actor) just died from the Coronavirus.
That's some pretty sad news to see a video game voice actor go from this pandemic.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#225  April 21, 2020, 05:39:47 am
seems like here we havent seen any rain for 4 days probably a real start for dry season, number of new cases also drops here
#226  April 22, 2020, 02:44:22 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
So, conservatives are protesting here in the US to get their governors to open the economy back up.

Our "great" nation was gonna open around the end of May/beginning of June, but that's not gonna happen now.
#227  April 22, 2020, 04:14:43 pm
saw michigan locals are having rallies and barricading roads to hospitals that hosts covid patients as a form of protests.
#228  April 23, 2020, 04:26:16 am
despite decline in new cases, here neighborhood lockdown is applied starting tomorrow, limited access to neighborhood area, closed gate, ID card checked and non resident access limited, temperature checked, mask has to be worn, vehicle get sprayed by disinfectant whatever the purpose of it even shopping from home become a difficulty I guess if their delivery is not allowed entry. Dunno how it applies, I think some adjustments are to follow once in effect.
#229  April 27, 2020, 03:01:47 am
so I got picked to do weekly security duty for 2 hours from 8-10 in the evening to help the guard checking vehicles going in and out our neighborhood gate...

since apparently I'm seen as a youngster (low risk person) with nothing to do at home, just hoping the other real youngsters don't give bullshit excuses and got me double weekly shifts since 42 is not a youngster by age and got many pages to draw.   :thinking2:
#230  April 27, 2020, 04:41:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, that kind of suck about working at home, some people cant wrap their heads around that.

in even omre lighter news, it looks like mexico will make a kof tournament and air it in national tv following up ont he fifa 2020 one. Looks like it, bcause while the tournament has been confirmed, it airing in a national tv channel is still nto sure, as for now, it's only been confirmed to air in the national tv channel's social media/webpage.
#231  April 28, 2020, 12:08:04 pm
hope you are safe [E] seems mexico have plenty of new cases last few weeks, new cases in my country indonesia is slowing a bit, but in my city area is getting real, vegetable sellers infected, so while before it only reach people who travel abroad, or extremist who insist on doing religious gathering, university students, etc.  now it gets into everyday people, death toll is still the highest here in southest asia, we are in the poorest recovery rate with 8% mortality rate so far way a lot lower than comparable countries like malaysia, vietnam, thailand, and philipines.

so now every thursday I have a responsibility to help guard the neighborhood entrance for 2 hours 6-8PM, not so bad, but perhaps we have to stop and check many food delivery couriers since it is dinner time.

#232  April 29, 2020, 02:19:26 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Anyone who has spoken to me on Discord and/or has followed my Twitter probably already knows this, but seeing as I didn't mention it here yet, I might as well; I tested positive for the coronavirus during the last week of March and was pretty much bedridden for almost 3 weeks.

The last two weeks weren't that bad, but the first week was hell; constantly fluctuating fever, chills, loss of appetite, elevated blood pressure, dizziness & nonstop coughing fits from doing things as simple as standing up, and night sweats that left me dehydrated; due to the latter I had to constantly drink fluids, but because of the loss of appetite I had to drink Gatorade just to replenish whatever nutrients were lost. Once the fever broke and stayed that way for a few days, things started getting better for me for the next 2 weeks, but the cough & shortness of breath mostly remained.

Fortunately I'm back on my feet and things are much better now, but I figured people here would be interested to hear a first-hand account from someone who had it.
Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:22:47 am by Ricepigeon
#233  April 29, 2020, 11:37:09 am
Fuck, man. Glad to hear you're Okay.

How do you think you caught it?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#234  April 29, 2020, 05:10:31 pm
Anyone who has spoken to me on Discord and/or has followed my Twitter probably already knows this, but seeing as I didn't mention it here yet, I might as well; I tested positive for the coronavirus during the last week of March and was pretty much bedridden for almost 3 weeks.

The last two weeks weren't that bad, but the first week was hell; constantly fluctuating fever, chills, loss of appetite, elevated blood pressure, dizziness & nonstop coughing fits from doing things as simple as standing up, and night sweats that left me dehydrated; due to the latter I had to constantly drink fluids, but because of the loss of appetite I had to drink Gatorade just to replenish whatever nutrients were lost. Once the fever broke and stayed that way for a few days, things started getting better for me for the next 2 weeks, but the cough & shortness of breath mostly remained.

Fortunately I'm back on my feet and things are much better now, but I figured people here would be interested to hear a first-hand account from someone who had it.

just asking , did you felt like you were fine in the morning then felt sick again couple hours later? like your fever goes on and off.
Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:15:29 pm by 地獄の花
#235  April 29, 2020, 05:39:21 pm
    • USA
I tested positive last week.  Probably had it close to a week before that.  Because of how crappy the weather has been, it was a complete shock.  It's only as I'm coming off of it that I've had any symptoms that I'd call distinct from the normal junk you get when the weather decides to nose dive in the middle of April.  Honestly, the weakest flu-like illness I've ever experienced.  Started with generic sniffles and the very occasional cough.  Had some sensation of pneumonia for a few days.  Now the back of my mouth feels dry.  No headaches.  No fever.  Didn't even trigger my arthritis.  I've basically been using nothing but cough drops and effervescent drinks to make my already mild symptoms slightly less annoying.  It's a bunch of whatever.  Nothing to write home about, but I get plenty of opportunity to stay there... --;

As for life around me?  I dunno.  I hear plenty of traffic out here in the middle of nowhere, so it must not be too boring out there.  Despite being essential, my work place took a couple weeks off and I'm not allowed back for another 4 days after they start up.  Lame.
#236  April 30, 2020, 04:00:54 am

glad you passed it, do you have another family member also affected by the illness? how did you get it?
damn I hope I never get infected, living with only my cat pet, if I get to be sent to hospital my cat would be starved for sure, yesterday I saw a long haired cat looked dirty and matted in front of a restaurant parking lot, I think the owner set it free when they are sent to hospital or the owner died  :'(
#237  April 30, 2020, 05:02:09 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
How do you think you caught it?
how did you get it?

My best guess was that I must have contracted it from taking public transportation into the NYC area. No way to know for sure though.

just asking , did you felt like you were fine in the morning then felt sick again couple hours later? like your fever goes on and off.

Not initially, but later on it started to feel like that. Usually if there was any kind of vertical movement involved (ie: standing up, going up/down stairs, etc), that's when I felt at my worst.

glad you passed it, do you have another family member also affected by the illness?

Fortunately, no.

Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:05:23 am by Ricepigeon
#238  April 30, 2020, 08:12:09 am
My best guess was that I must have contracted it from taking public transportation into the NYC area. No way to know for sure though.

Good to know you're feeling better. :)

I'm highly certain that's how it happened. NYC alone makes up almost 20% of all cases in America, you have to be ultra careful up there. Or any place nearby (Nassau, Long Island, Jersey City, etc).
#239  April 30, 2020, 02:28:50 pm
I know its a cliche at this point but I have reiterate it...
1) refrain as much as possible from touching your face or eyes while out in public. touching one's face is a subconscious habit to most people so a more effective solution is to:
2) keep a small disinfectant bottle with you at all times and use it after handling utilities in public.
3) wear face masks and gloves to minimize the spread to others.
stay safe guys. feel free to edit those instructions in the OP.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#240  April 30, 2020, 05:04:04 pm
just finished my first weekly guard duty, 2 hours manning the neighborhood gate, it was busy with food deliveries, its a bit ridiculous, rather than we stop take temperature, lift the portal close it lift it again on the way back since it was dinner time it got quite busy,  it is much easier and less exposure if the resident who order it would come down to the security post to take their food.

I wear respirator, not talking to anybody just standing there for 2 hours lifting and pulling down the blockade bar, I let the security guard to talk and check the temp of the visitors, the other guy I got paired with was a lazy ass youngster, he was just sitting there with his mask down his chin, and there was another busy body older guy who like to hangaround & chat, and brag about his knowabout local theft circles in the neighborhood, there is always bragging guy like that in every neighborhood, he was not supposed to be in the security post but he came and hang around of course not wearing mask, smoke and cough, and spit, I hate such people.