YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports (Read 480349 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#101  April 14, 2020, 06:50:46 pm
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
The program crashes when I try to run with the command line parameters "ikemen_go -p1 ken -p2 ken" (I tried with different characters). Moreover, running with the "-h" and "-r" parameters works without problems. In older versions, this is not observed (for example, in version 0.89).

Ikemen log:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:01:19 pm by Farengeit
#102  April 17, 2020, 02:08:34 am
    • Greece
Gacel there are huge memory leaks in the newest version. My pc slows down when i start a round and i have to wait over 5 mins so that ikemen can close.
#103  April 18, 2020, 04:38:06 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I'm working on fixing it.
It does happen because a dependency broke.

I removed that broken version from appveyor.
Download the 0.92  version from the time begin.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#104  April 22, 2020, 12:23:16 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Combo counter doesn't appear for P2.
#105  April 24, 2020, 01:44:44 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Currently I am running into issues where the engine detects two controllers, but can only remap one of them. I have no idea if its strictly because of XInput support, but not supporting two controllers (without Joy2Key) is very, very odd. Hopefully this can be fixed?

To be specific, both controllers are detected, but only the first controller can be rebound, and the 2nd one cant be rebound at all in the options menu. In addition, the controller used for button bindings is not displayed in the input binding menu which is a little confusing (MUGEN did this via A B C D controller displays for the inputs)

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#106  April 26, 2020, 09:23:49 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Using 0.93 version:

- After the system.def is updated, Ikemen opens and closes the first time. It only works the second time. It's not something that serious, but I'm reporting it just in case.
- If you switch the character in the slot to P1, it also will happen to P2 if their cursor is in the same slot. And vice versa.
- Theres is this peculiar situation, I wonder why IKEMEN doesn't just start centered on the screen, but it starts on different axes of the screen when started.
- If you access single modes with P2, P2 will use P1's side. Doing this in Arcade mode, if P1 challenges, P1 will use P2's side, as if the lifebar and the starting position in the fight were reversed.
- title.font = -1,0,0 does not work. In MUGEN 1.0 / 1.1, if you use 0 the font is disabled. In IKEMEN if you use 0 or -1 has no effect, the only way to get rid of the font is to remove it from the screen through its axis.
Example: 0, -13

For now, I'm just going to do this quick test because there are still many persistent bugs that have already been reported, such as the overlapping colors not working for the fonts and the palfx problem as in the video below:
https://imgur.com/lYm0wpK

On the other hand, it is great to know that in addition to the portrait of chars 1.1 being able to share the palette in the lifebar, the chars selection cursor also works in the same way as in MUGEN 1.0 allowing "diagonal browsing":
https://imgur.com/S2NId6t
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:27:57 pm by Rurouni
#107  April 27, 2020, 07:57:24 am
- If you switch the character in the slot to P1, it also will happen to P2 if their cursor is in the same slot. And vice versa.
this is not a bug (or at least the report is not precise enough to categorize it as such). From my test both P1 and P2 can select different characters from the same slot (once you select the character, your selection is remembered even if P2 changes the slot to different character). I don't understand how you expect it to work without creating situation when character highlighted (not selected yet) by one of the players is different than face currently displayed in the slot. Current implementation is logical to me and what you're proposing (the way I understand it) would create confusion for players, especially if there would be many characters in the single slot.

- If you access single modes with P2, P2 will use P1's side. Doing this in Arcade mode, if P1 challenges, P1 will use P2's side, as if the lifebar and the starting position in the fight were reversed.
based on your description I don't consider it a bug. The first controller that is detected to start the mode takes P1 side (which is the only sane way if we want to support more than 2 controllers/players in future). Player that interrupts the game to challenge you always takes P2 side. Once the match is over the mode is continued with winner on the P1 side. If this is what you're experiencing than it works the way it has been designed.

edit:
- title.font = -1,0,0 does not work. In MUGEN 1.0 / 1.1, if you use 0 the font is disabled. In IKEMEN if you use 0 or -1 has no effect, the only way to get rid of the font is to remove it from the screen through its axis.
fixed locally

Combo counter doesn't appear for P2.
- P2 combo counter doesn't slide back to the right, it simply disappears.
this should be fixed in 0.93

The program crashes when I try to run with the command line parameters "ikemen_go -p1 ken -p2 ken" (I tried with different characters). Moreover, running with the "-h" and "-r" parameters works without problems. In older versions, this is not observed (for example, in version 0.89).
also should be already fixed in 0.93

- If the enemy "commits suicide", the winner player's score backs to zero.
if it's done via debug keys than it works as expected

- If you press the space bar, score will reset. Intentional?
yes

- If you pause the game, the animation of the powerbar and health continues to be played.
fixed locally

- Color overlay for fonts does not work.
proper repo steps are needed to test it. r,g,b definatetly works for fonts since that's how font colors in default options screen are implemented.

this feature was not implemented at all for lifebars. I've added it in this commit: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/commit/69708ef3a92f158b87428bb4a089f8ec051439da
Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:09:44 am by K4thos
#108  April 27, 2020, 08:29:56 am
    • USA
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#109  April 27, 2020, 01:16:52 pm
#110  April 27, 2020, 01:54:03 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
this is not a bug (or at least the report is not precise enough to categorize it as such). From my test both P1 and P2 can select different characters from the same slot (once you select the character, your selection is remembered even if P2 changes the slot to different character). I don't understand how you expect it to work without creating situation when character highlighted (not selected yet) by one of the players is different than face currently displayed in the slot. Current implementation is logical to me and what you're proposing (the way I understand it) would create confusion for players, especially if there would be many characters in the single slot.
Ok. It's just that I thought of it as a way to access a secret character / alternative version, so to access such character, both players should have to press the necessary button. But in this case it was opted for what is shown visually, it makes sense too.

based on your description I don't consider it a bug. The first controller that is detected to start the mode takes P1 side (which is the only sane way if we want to support more than 2 controllers/players in future). Player that interrupts the game to challenge you always takes P2 side. Once the match is over the mode is continued with winner on the P1 side. If this is what you're experiencing than it works the way it has been designed.
I see. It is just a matter of convention. Commonly if you start in a single mode using P2, your side is the right, it is common in commercial games and in MUGEN the "players with even numbers" are on the right and those "with odd numbers" on the left. I know that IKEMEN is something else, but it's kind weird at first anyway.

proper repo steps are needed to test it. r,g,b definatetly works for fonts since that's how font colors in default options screen are implemented.
Indeed, I just tested it on screenpacks, it works but not on lifebars.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#111  April 27, 2020, 01:54:25 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
There's an issue about replay not working properly. Tried playing network mode with 2 ikemen go screens just to test it and this happens. This was done in v0.93

Feel free to speed up the video
#112  April 28, 2020, 02:17:50 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
also, I heard that the two button press issue has been mentioned before and someone said that how ikemen handles two button press compared to mugen handles it differently. I think it'll be better to just go do mugen's way if it'll make doing 2 button moves much more consistent. A lot of characters tend to have moves that uses 2 buttons (like characters that have ex specials) and being able to use them consistently is important.

Also, I heard about how having mugen's way of handling 2 button input to have a slight input lag. I don't feel the input lag at all for me but instead it feels more responsive.

But yea, I think the 2 button issue needs to be addressed|

Also, for some reason, inputs that are lenient in mugen end up being way too strict in ikemen. Would anyone mind addressing this as well.
#113  May 03, 2020, 01:56:21 pm
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
#114  May 07, 2020, 07:07:45 pm
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA
ReversalDef p2stateno does not work
LW
Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:18:56 pm by Feddi09
#115  May 11, 2020, 09:20:50 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I've started porting SHADEs 3 to the Ikemen GO engine using the original common1.cns.

The only notable issue is that the State P2 goes into when a move like Sabotage's Seismic Hammer is performed goes down instead of up.

Mugen: https://streamable.com/lff6t6
Ikemen: https://streamable.com/lycrs5

Images for now since Streamable is slow as... see the shadows.
EDIT: Nevermind, videos up.

Ignore the dodgy lifebars. I was checking what was what when converting them.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:32:31 pm by RagingRowen
#116  May 14, 2020, 09:55:46 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
Quick test with 0.94 build.

- If there is an active tab in the browser (Firefox) using Youtube, IKEMEN cannot start.
- The problem with palfx persists.
- Rendering problem with "round.default.text":

Ikemen

MUGEN

Most noticeable in the white outlines. Lifebar download.

Did you play the new
#117  May 21, 2020, 03:14:55 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
If you switch audio sources while ikemen is launched  the character sounds will still play on the first source.
EG.
1. Turn on ikemen
2. change audio source on computer from speakers to head phones or vice versa
3. when you play a match the music will play in the correct source but character sounds still play on the original source

Edit:
Spawning a lot of explods back to back with time%x=0 as the trigger only has it trigger once.

EG.
Code:
[State 0, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1= time%5=0
If you say time%5=1 then it works so that's the stranger part. This only affects explods so far as my hitdef still works as usual.

one more:
remappal does not work on a helper unless the helper is spawned after roundstate 0. This includes the remappal as a parameter and as a sctrl. I'm about to release a character that you can use to test all this.

ONE MORE ONCE:
snap parameter on hitdefs trigger on block. they are supposed to trigger on hit only. Not on hit of a target, but on hit period. the rest of the behavior is on the user to handle.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:16:43 pm by Kamekaze
#118  May 23, 2020, 01:36:44 am
  • Rurouni Fan
- After any change, it keeps crashing over and over again.
After changing only the keyboard inputs, I had to try 8 times until IKEMEN loads. Some simple changes like changing a character's sff took even more attempts.
- Lifebar/Screenpack: Using font 2.0 with png sprites, lowercase letters are not rendered in some fonts. Sample.
- Lifebar/Screenpack: Color overlay does not work on 2.0 fonts with png sprites.

Did you play the new
#119  May 23, 2020, 01:40:43 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well you're lucky. It normally takes 2 or 3 attempts when I do edits, unless it's to do with the amount of chars you have or the screenpack size.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#120  May 23, 2020, 02:08:31 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Yeah. Sometimes it is just minor character changes in the lifebar. It is virtually impossible to make a conversion currently. In previous versions it was not so bad. I updated a character's sff from 1.0 to 1.1 and had to try 36 times before IKEMEN runs. Yes, I counted them. But it takes an average of 10 times to run on the latest versions. I use the standard screenpack with some minor changes, with only 12 characters and light lifebars.

Did you play the new