YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1342514 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#541  April 16, 2013, 11:45:39 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Spoiler: Spider-Man story spoiler (click to see content)
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#542  April 16, 2013, 11:49:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#543  April 16, 2013, 11:55:16 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Comic fans might be the pickiest, most bitter of the internet nerd species I've ever seen.  Come back when you guys get something on new Mewtwo or DmC Dante levels of retarded, then you have a right to be mad.
#544  April 16, 2013, 11:58:39 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
What is the origin of http://mywebbedreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ultimate-electro-charging-up.jpg this version then?  I don't really read Ultimate Marvel, I thought this was ultimate Electro?
His skin isn't actually blue. That's just an aura of electricity.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_QKlxiW-Wc8/TvtTyeAoSqI/AAAAAAAAAJM/HFLUQEFLUmo/s640/maxnormal.jpg
Why is Electro an agent of HYDRA? :|

The mask bolts being created by electricity just seems like a copout, either you go all the way with comics craziness and include the mask as is, or you drop it entirely, IMO.

Comic fans might be the pickiest, most bitter of the internet nerd species I've ever seen.  Come back when you guys get something on new Mewtwo or DmC Dante levels of retarded, then you have a right to be mad.
This is not an insignificant change. This is a pretty major one.
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:15:28 am by Jmorphman
#545  April 17, 2013, 12:03:36 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'm not saying the look is awful, just saying there could have been one that would work better for a live action movie.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#546  April 17, 2013, 12:10:49 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

I wasn't aware that this was some sort of competition.  Like, is there a limited supply of disappointment to go around and every group of fans has to fight over who gets it?  "You guys can't feel upset about your character's crappy redesign because we already feel upset about our character's crappy redesign!"  What the actual hell is this even supposed to mean?
#547  April 17, 2013, 12:18:04 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you dont get to have a say in something being awful until its so awful as really bad stuff!

#548  April 17, 2013, 01:32:43 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
This coming from MC2 of all people.
#549  April 17, 2013, 03:31:03 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm sorry I'm completely ignorant about comics, but I actually feel Jamie Foxx looks good, and the outfit trick is genious IMO (the lights should be removed by CGI, no?)
#550  April 17, 2013, 03:51:51 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#551  April 17, 2013, 05:36:51 pm
    • USA
#552  April 18, 2013, 03:51:53 am
    • USA
MSN is in talk to bring back Heroes.

no. no god. please. no. we killed it. we made the bad show go away. it was hard, but we knew it turned pure evil by the second season. please. don't. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#553  April 18, 2013, 02:36:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its going to be called alpha heroes, and it will merge both universes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#554  April 18, 2013, 03:04:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
MSN is in talk to bring back Heroes.

no. no god. please. no. we killed it. we made the bad show go away. it was hard, but we knew it turned pure evil by the second season. please. don't. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hey, I liked Heroes.  Yeah, the second and third seasons were complete ass, but that was when that idiotic writer's strike was going on and every show sucked during that time frame.  It got good again in Season 4, once the stupid strike was over and they actually had professional writers working on the show again.

That being said, I'm not exactly thrilled to hear that they're thinking of trying again.  Some things are better left dead.
#555  April 18, 2013, 03:07:09 pm
  • SNK is life
Actually S2 wasn't as good as S1, but NEARLY AS BAD AS S3. By S2 they just looked slightly confused, and SURE they completely ditched everything from it in S3, but still!

I hope IF Heroes comes back, it will be as masterfully written as S1. It has that potential.
#556  April 18, 2013, 03:09:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Actually S2 wasn't as good as S1, but NEARLY AS BAD AS S3. By S2 they just looked slightly confused, and SURE they completely ditched everything from it in S3, but still!

I hope IF Heroes comes back, it will be as masterfully written as S1. It has that potential.

Wasnt Loeb on S2 and S3?
#557  April 18, 2013, 03:14:30 pm
  • SNK is life
I wouldn't know about the meta, I just watched the thing until I stopped liking it, around S3
#558  April 19, 2013, 12:56:50 am
    • USA
its going to be called alpha heroes, and it will merge both universes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
.\/.
Spoiler: Alphas spoilers (click to see content)

Hey, I liked Heroes. 
I liked Heroes too! I was even among the people who thought, when the first half of the season was airing, that it was "Lost done right"! Of course, that sentiment faded away quickly, just compare their respective finales, with Lost's explosive, almost movie-quality two part season 3 finale (those explosive game changers: NOT PENNY'S BOAT, and WE HAVE TO GO BACK, KATE, god I'm getting chills just thinking about them). Heroes meanwhile did a nonsensical retread of Watchmen's ending, featuring the magically empty streets of New York, middling resolutions to the storylines, and an overall sense of "who cares".

And then the second season quickened the decline. The writer's strike certainly played its part, but it mostly affected their episode count, and the ability to tune up the existing scripts. A lot of season two's issues were ones that couldn't be touched up, they were deep and fundamental. Plus, tons of other shows were able to deal with the writers' strike (to bring up Lost again, they managed to do great, and even produced their single best episode, The Constant).

Yeah, the second and third seasons were complete ass, but that was when that idiotic writer's strike was going on and every show sucked during that time frame.  It got good again in Season 4, once the stupid strike was over and they actually had professional writers working on the show again.
Wait, what? The third season wasn't affected by it. (well I mean they did plan to do the first half of season 3 in season 2, but still). It was still watchable and there were a few good episodes here and there in both those seasons, but it was clear that they were never going to live up to the potential they showed (and displayed in episodes like "The Company Man"). Also, I think you're confusing the seasons with the volumes; season 3 had two, the first half being the wretched Papa Petrelli storyline, and the second half being the pretty good fugitive one (easy to see why it was better, Bryan Fuller came back for that half). Season 4 is the one with the evil carnies. Good lord, what an awful, terrible season. I couldn't keep watching it after 10 or so episodes. And it only got worse, from what I hear. Tim Kring just didn't know what he was doing. And when all the people who kept the show good left, it spiraled out of control.

Wasnt Loeb on S2 and S3?
Loeb came on right after the pilot, and left after the first half of season 3. He wrote some episodes and was a co-producer (which means he had some influence over the direction the show took, but I'm not sure of the specifics). He wrote some pretty wretched episodes, but they weren't the worst the show would do.
#559  April 20, 2013, 02:57:51 am
    • USA
#560  April 20, 2013, 03:03:48 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Well the 21 Jump Street remake was fairly decent (even though it turned out to be a semi sequel kinda like another "remake" that's currently out). We'll see how it goes.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox