YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1338338 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#1021  December 14, 2013, 12:58:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1022  December 14, 2013, 01:37:49 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#1023  December 14, 2013, 01:58:01 am
    • USA
#1024  December 14, 2013, 02:19:21 am
what's with the negative outrage i dont get it
#1025  December 14, 2013, 02:51:17 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Cult classic movies have a sort of sacred cow vibe about them.  Try to do anything with it and out come the torches and pitchforks.

Bea

#1026  December 14, 2013, 03:05:04 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1027  December 14, 2013, 03:22:44 am
    • USA
You may as well just create a new IP for that movie instead of tying it to a very old cult classic. And it's not going to be at the level of the old movies anyway, we all know these kind of movies suck nowadays.
#1028  December 14, 2013, 03:33:04 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1029  December 14, 2013, 05:06:18 am
it's clear that david zucker's better years are behind him and he shouldn't be involved in anything at this point. the fact that they chose to not involve him in this thing only gives me hope
#1030  December 14, 2013, 05:27:55 am
    • USA
While I love Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon, their movie work leaves a lot to be desired (they've literally called their movie scripts schlocky and have even written a book about how they've made a ton of money selling not very good scripts for a lot of money, they are pretty upfront that their scripts are not at all good), and I doubt it will be the Garant and Lennon who made Reno 911! writing this. And even if they were, I'd still be wary, because the ZAZ (the trio who made Airplane!, Police Squad/The Naked Gun/Top Secret) style of comedy is pretty tough to pull off well, as their later filmography will readily attest, even they couldn't keep it up. Although David Zucker's descent into crazy right-wing lunacy probably didn't help.

And then there's the casting: Ed Helms is a very funny actor but he is absolutely wrong for the role. Frank Drebin needs someone who can effortlessly say the most ridiculous lines completely straight:

I don't think Ed Helms could pull this off. It is the work of a master. I mean, Helms is pretty great at physical comedy, so he'd be pretty adept at the more slapstick-oriented style of the movies, I guess, but still... it just seems like a horrible, horrible idea. The whole thing.
#1031  December 15, 2013, 02:16:46 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1032  December 15, 2013, 04:11:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
That's a bullshit reason if any. DC has so many awesome stand alone female characters to begin with, it sucks that their so one sided on their views it's astounding, that pisses me off so much.
#1033  December 15, 2013, 05:06:36 am
    • USA
Paul Dini tells Kevin Smith on his podcast that they shitcanned Young Justice because too many women were watching it:
They’re all for boys ’we do not want the girls’, I mean, I’ve heard executives say this, you know, where I am but at other places, saying like, ‘We do not want girls watching this show.”
fucking christ

Disney Channel is doing a TV show about the children of their famous villains, living on an island prison but then Belle and Beast's teenage son lets them attend a fancy prep school with the offspring of the other good guys. Which all sounds completely fucking stupid and insane.

And also, how did characters from Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, Aladdin, and Mulan all wind up in the same time period, and all live in the same kingdom ruled by Beast/Belle???

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) is the new Sarah Conner. Funnily enough, her costar Lena Hedley was the last Sarah Conner, whose show The Sarah Conner Chronicles deserved way more attention because it was great and why didn't people watch it but did watch dreck like Salvation? >:[

Rob Huebel (Childrens Hospital, Human Giant, Burning Love) will star in an IFC series as a man who lives in a storage facility and is probably mentally ill. It will almost certainly be hilarious and fantastic because Rob Huebel is great.
#1034  December 15, 2013, 09:40:20 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
The villain crossover sounds interesting actually.
#1035  December 15, 2013, 09:45:47 am
    • USA
The basic concept is good (villain crossover! the villains have kids too! their kids and the good guy kids meet!) but the way they've set it up sounds really bad (the kids have to be stranded on the evil villain island too? that's really douchey) and it sounds like it'll just be a stupid teen show with all the school elements. And it also kinda seems like the Disney Channel's version of Once Upon A Time, which is very bad, because that show is godawful, and a retread will probably be worse.
#1036  December 16, 2013, 10:37:10 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

They're made of sugar, spice, everything nice, and a little something X-tra, AND THEY'RE COMING BACK FOR MORE! The Powerpuff Girls are BACK to save the world before bed time AGAIN on an ALL NEW SPECIAL, Monday, January 20, at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network! HOW EXCITED ARE YOU??
Those art changes still suck.

Paul Dini tells Kevin Smith on his podcast that they shitcanned Young Justice because too many women were watching it:
They’re all for boys ’we do not want the girls’, I mean, I’ve heard executives say this, you know, where I am but at other places, saying like, ‘We do not want girls watching this show.”
Well, that was a rather saddening read.
#1037  December 16, 2013, 10:39:54 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
lol, like their heads weren´t big enough already. Those look like air balloons.
Chilling
#1038  December 16, 2013, 10:46:05 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
How else did you think they'd fly?

To be fair, those proportions change, like, every episode.  Like their powers.  Still, at least before the hands/arms/flippers gave the illusion they were attached to the body, not the head...
#1039  December 17, 2013, 04:00:43 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1040  December 17, 2013, 04:02:23 am
    • USA